Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Personal belief systems
    #2190341 - 12/19/03 12:19 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Something been bothering me lately. When someone tells me something that he/she does in his or her life, I may not agree with it, but that's just me, is the way I see it. Who am I to criticize?

For instance, my girlfriend comes to me and says that she is into bondage. Now, personally, I'm not into bondage. But I guess I have other stuff going on in my life on which I have to take crap from people.

So she has taken some crap from people who say she shouldn't be into bondage, that she should get counseling to fix whatever personal psychological problems she has that make her want to engage in these activities, etc.

She's happy doing this. Others think she shouldn't be happy, based on their interpretation of the world and their own experiences.

Why do people feel that they need to impose their own beliefs and lifestyles on others? Her life works for her. Just because it doesn't work for these other people doesn't mean it's wrong.

And if it's wrong, shouldn't she discover that for herself?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Personal belief systems [Re: Frog]
    #2190344 - 12/19/03 12:22 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Can I have her phone number?  :stoned:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2190360 - 12/19/03 12:28 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

hehe people need to impose their viewpoints on another because they are full of judgement.  like I was shroomin yesterday, and I did my route (like 6 hours into it)  my eyes were still dialated somewhat, but a person said to me, many ou don't look so good.  and I'm like "gee thanks..I'm glad I don't feel how I look! your input was not needed"

and that's really all that needs to be said, at least mindset wise. see, that's all you need too, don't even think about their judgements, let em think they are doing you a serivce.  :smile:

you are very open-minded to not judge too quickly.  too bad there's not hella more people like this :smile:  but then again, who am I to say what is good and what isn't :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Personal belief systems [Re: kaiowas]
    #2190379 - 12/19/03 12:32 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, I agree they are probably full of judgment, but WHY? Is it motivated by fear?

I was talking about this with someone else. He said that people need to feel comfortable about their lives. If they see someone doing something that is different, such as the alternative life-style, they may be intimidated by it for various reasons.

For instance, "maybe I'm not doing it so good the way I'm doing it". "I need everyone else to be like me."

Oh, did I say the rules for this thread? NO BIG HUGE PARAGRAPHS!!!

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2190409 - 12/19/03 12:42 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

See, how is it that people decide that they can comment on someone's lifestyle? Make judgments? Why?

--------------------

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2190412 - 12/19/03 12:42 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

People get fanatical and impose their belief systems as a projection of their insecurity. A person who does not have repressed sexuality issues does not feel the need to judge someone for bondage.

Most people do not even know why they believe what they do. I think it was Mark Twain who said people get their religious ideas the same way as they get their political, secondhand and without inspection.

Something that annoys me about beliefs is that they often override rationale and logic. I think swami made a post about this where someone said, I know what I believe and nothing can ever change my mind. This becomes an issue in religion. People are so "Founded" in their religious beliefs that they often ignore everything else.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2190432 - 12/19/03 12:47 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

All I know is that the Jewish people didn't like living in bondage.... :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2190434 - 12/19/03 12:48 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

We are all patiently waiting for you to share your kinks with us. We know you are just dying to spill it... :loveeyes:

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2190481 - 12/19/03 01:01 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

by saying no huge paragraphs you limit me here with your judgement, hehe :wink:

but really why do they say things?? well it stems from the ego I think, and so maybe they don't have many people to talk to or maybe no friends?
there are many reasons?

what fear reasons could you think up of?? maybe judemental people are also too busy thinking about what others think of them perhaps??? that fear???

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
    #2190542 - 12/19/03 01:16 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think she's wrong and needs to be flogged... :lol:
hmmm...the irony  :smirk:

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
Re: Personal belief systems [Re: lucid]
    #2190552 - 12/19/03 01:18 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

If u send her to me, I promise to chain her, spank her
and show her the error of her ways...

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2190597 - 12/19/03 01:34 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SpecialEd: Something that annoys me about beliefs is that they often override rationale and logic. I think swami made a post about this where someone said, I know what I believe and nothing can ever change my mind.

I believe what I believe, but I am always open to someone else's point of view. If it doesn't fit with what I believe, I disregard it, but I don't try to change the other person's point of view. I just share my point of view and move on.

Quote:

kaiowas: by saying no huge paragraphs you limit me here with your judgement, hehe

You can write as much as you want, just break the paragraph up into small paragraphs, if you are the type to write big paragraphs with no breaks.

Quote:

Swami: We are all patiently waiting for you to share your kinks with us. We know you are just dying to spill it...

I'll never tell!

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2190934 - 12/19/03 03:14 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

*Swami slaps forehead*

I can't believe how feeble I am getting. There is NO girlfriend into bondage. It's you, isn't it?

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #2190970 - 12/19/03 03:34 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I believe what I believe, but I am always open to someone else's point of view.

Let's look at this statement, if you already believe in something, you have given yourself to it, you have centered on some idea, a person, an object. You cannot possibly be open to another 'belief' or point of view fully, completely, and without judgement, your acceptance of another point of view is superficial.

it doesn't fit with what I believe, I disregard it

Right, your beliefs are a filter to everything you percieve. Beliefs blind you from truths. If you disregard things that don't fit into your belief system, can you ever see the truth of an idea, an action, an experience if you are constantly filtering and judging based on your conditioning to some particular belief? be it a religion, your customs or culture, your education, etc.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2191490 - 12/19/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The bondage revelation would be a shocker when it comes from a SO, but I see what you mean, Frog.

A few years ago I was watching my girlfriend fold her undies and put them in the drawer (a favorite past time). She expressed a desire for me to umm..wear her underwear. Well it was definately a non-starter. But I realize now that everyone has their little kinks, sexually, mentally, and otherwise. And if you attack that you have more problems than you started with. And if you attack that you have more problems than you started with. Why did I repeat that? Because once is never enough.

Tolerance is a virtue the world needs sooooo much more of. Live and let live. Go with the flow. That doesn't mean you should let people run roughshod over you, just that we should pick our battles with care.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Personal belief systems [Re: Jellric]
    #2191536 - 12/19/03 07:50 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

So, in summation, we should all be a l-i-t-t-l-e more tolerant of Michael Jackson's quirks.

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Personal belief systems [Re: Swami]
    #2191573 - 12/19/03 08:11 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think its halarious... So many people choose to be tolerant of the WRONG Things. Who gives a shit if your into bondage? Who does that hurt? LOL.. Well i mean... a real hurt... Im not saying people who like it... anyway, i hope you see my point.

-------
This reminds me of a thread that silversoul started about pedophilia... Just because having relationships with the same sex doesnt mean that its okay to just go "play" with little boys. The psychological differences are so vastly different, to talk about such a thing in our society is to ignore more than you could put into a short idea in a short paragraph.
--------

Im for the intolerance of BULLSHIT, of people making lame excuses to be pitied, to be cried on because people dont accept their lifestyle. who gives a shit, live your life the way you want as long as it doesnt hurt anyone else, then get down to the real playing field, and start to see yourself as a human with a choice. Then decide if your gonna be benefit to the world or not... no half ass shit! This is the real deal yo's.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#2191602 - 12/19/03 08:24 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

If you're talking about the charges against him, I think the gloved one is innocent mmk?
Some people just wanna be startin somethin'.

--------------------

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

#2191690 - 12/19/03 08:51 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

edited.

thank you jerillic. I didn't think about that.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Edited by SpecialEd (12/19/03 10:48 PM)

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#2191732 - 12/19/03 09:02 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

my eyes were still dialated somewhat,

I know what you mean, kaiowas. When I was in California we went to an amusement park in San Diego, and I decided it would be fun to take some acid and go on a rollercoaster. Well, the wait inline was longer than I wanted, my eyes were dilated and the natives were getting restless. It was a very sunny day. I am told I have a "presence" regardless when entering a room, so I'm sure that plus the eyes spooked some straights near me. When it dawned on me I just pulled a baseball cap over my eyes and everything was fine.

"Judge not by appearances, but judge rightous judgement."

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Re: Personal belief systems [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2191756 - 12/19/03 09:10 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Your right to molest ends where a seven year old begins.

So much for "innocent until proven guilty". Maybe we should just forgo the trivial matter of a trial and hang him now.
The media won't hype this, but the charges against him were determined to be unfounded by an independent agency earlier this year:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20031209/ts_nm/people_jackson_dc_1

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Personal belief systems [Re: chodamunky]
    #2191949 - 12/19/03 10:34 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

chodamunky said:
I believe what I believe, but I am always open to someone else's point of view.

Let's look at this statement, if you already believe in something, you have given yourself to it, you have centered on some idea, a person, an object. You cannot possibly be open to another 'belief' or point of view fully, completely, and without judgement, your acceptance of another point of view is superficial.

it doesn't fit with what I believe, I disregard it

Right, your beliefs are a filter to everything you percieve. Beliefs blind you from truths. If you disregard things that don't fit into your belief system, can you ever see the truth of an idea, an action, an experience if you are constantly filtering and judging based on your conditioning to some particular belief? be it a religion, your customs or culture, your education, etc.

Well, maybe I think a little more broadly than you do. My beliefs are my beliefs, but they are not set in stone. I'm always open to new ideas. You don't have to believe that.

Usually I find when something is an absolute truth for someone, it is usually because that's how they live their life. Maybe you are unable to open your mind to new ideas, because your beliefs are set in stone. That would not mean, however, that that applies to everyone.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2191958 - 12/19/03 10:37 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
*Swami slaps forehead*

I can't believe how feeble I am getting. There is NO girlfriend into bondage. It's you, isn't it?

Sorry to burst your little fantasy, but I really do have a girlfriend into bondage and submission, and even the urination thing.  I am into being dominated, but only mentally and emotionally.

Edit:  And only by someone capable.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

#2191977 - 12/19/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

edited

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Edited by SpecialEd (12/19/03 10:49 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2191980 - 12/19/03 10:46 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I am into being dominated, but only mentally and emotionally.

The physical part will come in time, my dear.

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#2192018 - 12/19/03 11:12 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

You and Swami are going to get along just fine.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2192031 - 12/19/03 11:16 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
You and Swami are going to get along just fine.

Should I be afraid?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2192035 - 12/19/03 11:17 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Be very afraid. In space, no one can hear you scream.

Sorry for mixing my movie taglines. :razz:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2192179 - 12/20/03 01:11 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

lucid said:
If u send her to me, I promise to chain her, spank her
and show her the error of her ways...

Lucid, you "almost" make me want to get into bondage...

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2192195 - 12/20/03 01:15 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric: That doesn't mean you should let people run roughshod over you, just that we should pick our battles with care.

Right! And if you give them an inch, they will take a mile. If I just ignore someone who thinks they have the right to give me their "valuable" input on how badly I'm living my life, next thing you know, they are riding roughshod. Familiarity breeds contempt, don't you know.

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2192297 - 12/20/03 02:39 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Btw, a lil off-topic, but I keep wondering, about your insistance of people using less than long paragraphs....You're a lawyer, right? don't lawyers deal with alotta legal papers and documents and laws and textbooks and contracts and alla that legal offical arcane jargon shtuff with really freaking long paragraphs and shtuff all the time? How do you work thru that? Do you scream at the judges "Excuse me your-fucking-honor!! If I see one more goddamned paragraph longer than the size of my bf's dick I will tear you a new asshole you fuckin bloody cunt rag!!!" :tongue2:
lol, all crass jokes aside; seriously, how do you deal with that?

Irrelevant note: I picked up that line "bloody cunt rag" from my Grandma...she was crazy..no wait, she still IS crazy..

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #2192655 - 12/20/03 09:59 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

>> hehe people need to impose their viewpoints on another because they are full of judgement

A judgemental mindset is not substantial, and cannot fill somebody up as though they were a container for corrosive liquids. A judgemental mindset is an effect which has a cause, and gives rise to effects which are similar to the cause.

>> I agree they are probably full of judgment, but WHY?

Judgemental attitudes arise in people when those people are suffering from the inability to cope with themselves. When we are disappointed by our own behaviour, or when we fail to meet the standards we set for ourselves, we attempt to antidote the consequential feelings of insecurity by highlighting the failings of others. In doing so, we must impose our own standards upon others, and assert a moral superiority over them. Here, a great number of conflicts arise between human beings.

The effects of judging others in this way bring us back to the cause of our original judgemental mindset. Generally, it is believed that judging others is a disfavourable action. If we share this view, we feel as though we have once again fallen short of our own standards the moment we judge others. Unable to recognize the cause for this feeling, we may continue to condemn others. Here, a great number of individuals suffer hypocrisy.

Each and every one of us serves as an excellent example of hypocrisy. We are unable to accept this as a sickness which can be remedied with patience and wisdom, and as a result we become personally offended when the hypocrisy of others is exposed. We may attack individuals demonstrating hypocritical attitudes, and further trap ourselves with the same conviction.

Perhapse our greatest fear is in facing the imperfections of our own self. The degree to which we suffer is directly proportionate to the degree to which we cherish our own self.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Personal belief systems [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2192701 - 12/20/03 10:37 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
Btw, a lil off-topic, but I keep wondering, about your insistance of people using less than long paragraphs....You're a lawyer, right? don't lawyers deal with alotta legal papers and documents and laws and textbooks and contracts and alla that legal offical arcane jargon shtuff with really freaking long paragraphs and shtuff all the time? How do you work thru that? Do you scream at the judges "Excuse me your-fucking-honor!! If I see one more goddamned paragraph longer than the size of my bf's dick I will tear you a new asshole you fuckin bloody cunt rag!!!" :tongue2:
lol, all crass jokes aside; seriously, how do you deal with that?

Irrelevant note: I picked up that line "bloody cunt rag" from my Grandma...she was crazy..no wait, she still IS crazy..

You had me roaring, this was so funny!! 

When I have to read documents that have been drafted by other lawyers, those documents are double-spaced, so there's no problem.

When I have to read case law, in a book, I have to concentrate.  It makes my brain hurt.  So when I'm doing something for fun, like this, and I have to read a big-long-fucking-paragraph, it makes my brain hurt and makes it feel too much like work, so either I nicely convince people to break up their paragraphs, or I skip it. 

No one has to break up their paragraphs, if they don't want to.  I don't really think I rule the world.  :smirk:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2192719 - 12/20/03 10:48 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
No one has to break up their paragraphs, if they don't want to.  I don't really think I rule the world.  :smirk:

No, but I do, and I like having things broken up into pieces as well, it is so much easier for others to read, and I figure if you are taking the time to type up your thoughts for others to read, you would be interested in making it easier for them to get what you are saying... thereby breaking it up into paragraphs. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Personal belief systems [Re: Ped]
    #2193323 - 12/20/03 05:40 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said:
>> hehe people need to impose their viewpoints on another because they are full of judgement

A judgemental mindset is not substantial, and cannot fill somebody up as though they were a container for corrosive liquids. A judgemental mindset is an effect which has a cause, and gives rise to effects which are similar to the cause.

>> I agree they are probably full of judgment, but WHY?

Judgemental attitudes arise in people when those people are suffering from the inability to cope with themselves. When we are disappointed by our own behaviour, or when we fail to meet the standards we set for ourselves, we attempt to antidote the consequential feelings of insecurity by highlighting the failings of others. In doing so, we must impose our own standards upon others, and assert a moral superiority over them. Here, a great number of conflicts arise between human beings.

The effects of judging others in this way bring us back to the cause of our original judgemental mindset. Generally, it is believed that judging others is a disfavourable action. If we share this view, we feel as though we have once again fallen short of our own standards the moment we judge others. Unable to recognize the cause for this feeling, we may continue to condemn others. Here, a great number of individuals suffer hypocrisy.

Each and every one of us serves as an excellent example of hypocrisy. We are unable to accept this as a sickness which can be remedied with patience and wisdom, and as a result we become personally offended when the hypocrisy of others is exposed. We may attack individuals demonstrating hypocritical attitudes, and further trap ourselves with the same conviction.

Perhapse our greatest fear is in facing the imperfections of our own self. The degree to which we suffer is directly proportionate to the degree to which we cherish our own self.

Ped, I just noticed this. This was perfect, I think, in explaining why people have judgmental attitudes. Thanks for taking the time to share this.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom