Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet earth
Re: Why does social isolation have to hurt so fucking much [Re: SleepyE]
    #21902427 - 07/05/15 07:23 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

You aint the only one mate

You gotta get out there
and go to places people.like you would go to

--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offliner00tuuu123
Now I'm just really piseed
 User Gallery

Loc: I'll be there in a minute
    #21902432 - 07/05/15 07:24 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SleepyE said:
i went through phases where i thought id much rather be alone than with other people, but thats exact what it was, just a phase.

thats suicide imo.

:justno: I do sometimes enjoy others company but being alone is good too you just gotta be alone doing what you do.

--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet earth
Re: Why does social isolation have to hurt so fucking much [Re: r00tuuu123] * 1
    #21902444 - 07/05/15 07:29 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I enjoy my alone time after i have hung out with a*friend*
Being alone all the time is unheathly ime

Im bummed cause i have next week off work
and no friends

so just :lifter:
and being by myself for a whole week

Atleast i got a good check coming in

--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

OfflineEggtimer
HotSauce Lover

Re: Why does social isolation have to hurt so fucking much [Re: SleepyE] * 1
    #21902446 - 07/05/15 07:31 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Build your own damn boat. One of my favorite lectures.

--------------------
It's all for the :lol:s

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada, Flag
Re: Why does social isolation have to hurt so fucking much [Re: r00tuuu123]
    #21902447 - 07/05/15 07:31 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

r00tuuu123 said:
Quote:

SleepyE said:
i went through phases where i thought id much rather be alone than with other people, but thats exact what it was, just a phase.

thats suicide imo.

:justno: I do sometimes enjoy others company but being alone is good too you just gotta be alone doing what you do.

youre right to a degree,

its just ive spent my life not caring about social connections and only recently truly understand the necessity of it especially since my whole life ive felt deprived of it,. i just feel incredibly out of balance and need a large dose of social connection to do some real healing but the well is dry at the moment and im forced into long periods of darkness.

Meeting strangers by myself is quite a task, i do have social anxiety and am introverted so its a little tough, i like having my friends around because it releases the pressure in social interactions so i can feel more comfortable with talking to new people, this is definitely something i need focus on working on of course. Been making sure that when i am finally out with my friends that i try to talk to new people.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Trip Report: SHROOMS DMT---- My Youtube Psychedelic Channel

Edited by SleepyE (07/05/15 07:40 PM)

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #21902739 - 07/05/15 08:39 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry to hear that Sleepy.

Ive been a loner in my life. It was horrible. I was crying myself hardcore just thinking how worthless and lonely i was. It was one of the lowest points in my life.

How i got out of it was going out to social events. Concerts and raves mostly. I loved to dance, even when alone. Its funny cause a couple occassions woman wanted to dance with me, but i was so depressed, i didnt want to dance with anyone.

But then, one day at a bar, i was in a good mood, and this woman wanted to dance. We danced and 3 years later we are still together, lovers for life (hopefully).

My point is you might find love in the most unexpected places. And being in love with cure your loneliness.

The trick is to get out into the social scene aand interact. Its your only hope. If u stay inside all the time, u will not meet anyone.

The other thing you can do is look for a art group that DMT/psychedelic art. You will find like-minded people and possibly make some new cool friends.

Look up some local amatuer art groups online, u might find a group that loves your work and wants to meet/help you progress.

In order to make social connections, you *need* to put the effort in to make friends.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Offlinekakashi68
Connoiseur of Illicit Substances
 User Gallery

Loc: STRAYA Flag
Re: Why does social isolation have to hurt so fucking much [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #21902761 - 07/05/15 08:43 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Sorry to hear that Sleepy.

Ive been a loner in my life. It was horrible. I was crying myself hardcore just thinking how worthless and lonely i was. It was one of the lowest points in my life.

How i got out of it was going out to social events. Concerts and raves mostly. I loved to dance, even when alone. Its funny cause a couple occassions woman wanted to dance with me, but i was so depressed, i didnt want to dance with anyone.

But then, one day at a bar, i was in a good mood, and this woman wanted to dance. We danced and 3 years later we are still together, lovers for life (hopefully).

My point is you might find love in the most unexpected places. And being in love with cure your loneliness.

The trick is to get out into the social scene aand interact. Its your only hope. If u stay inside all the time, u will not meet anyone.

The other thing you can do is look for a art group that DMT/psychedelic art. You will find like-minded people and possibly make some new cool friends.

Look up some local amatuer art groups online, u might find a group that loves your work and wants to meet/help you progress.

In order to make social connections, you *need* to put the effort in to make friends.

Thats sounds like a good idea but you could you share specific tips on? Like did you just go to these places alone and just hope someone talked to yo or what?

--------------------
You know, just sometimes in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that 400th glass of cornershop piss at 3am--you do sometimes look at yourself and think--this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
-Bernard Black

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Why does social isolation have to hurt so fucking much [Re: kakashi68]
    #21902793 - 07/05/15 08:50 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

People just found me. They must have loved my passion for dancing, thats usually why they talked/interacted with me.

When i met my current girlfriend, she said she noticed me cause of my hat. I decorated it with feathers and craft stuff, cause when u are alone, u have a lot of free time.

So, be passionate about music, dancing or clothing or custom-made clothing. It will likely strike up a conversation with someone.

Girls (and guys i suppose) like a guy who is paassionate about something or is having a good time time by himself.

In general.

If u show depression, thats usually a social "turn off" and most people wont wanna talk to, unless they are caring and wanna help people.

Offlinekakashi68
Connoiseur of Illicit Substances
 User Gallery

Loc: STRAYA Flag
    #21902906 - 07/05/15 09:17 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
People just found me. They must have loved my passion for dancing, thats usually why they talked/interacted with me.

When i met my current girlfriend, she said she noticed me cause of my hat. I decorated it with feathers and craft stuff, cause when u are alone, u have a lot of free time.

So, be passionate about music, dancing or clothing or custom-made clothing. It will likely strike up a conversation with someone.

Girls (and guys i suppose) like a guy who is paassionate about something or is having a good time time by himself.

In general.

If u show depression, thats usually a social "turn off" and most people wont wanna talk to, unless they are caring and wanna help people.

i am passionate about none of those things or the club/rave/bar scene

--------------------
You know, just sometimes in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that 400th glass of cornershop piss at 3am--you do sometimes look at yourself and think--this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
-Bernard Black

OfflineMilkdudTitties
My Nipples Look Like Milk Duds
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #21902980 - 07/05/15 09:38 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
In general.

Human emotions are infectious, like a disease.

A bad mood spreads like wildfire, its very easy to see this happen at work. But a good mood can spread just the same.

If you are pissed off and depressed all the time, no one will want to talk to you, unless they are feeling the same or they want to help you

OfflineThatKidWithTheFace
R.I.P. ZIG R.I.P. Sloth
Male

Loc: All Good in Allgood
Re: Why does social isolation have to hurt so fucking much [Re: kakashi68]
    #21902983 - 07/05/15 09:38 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Sell drugs. Everybody'll be your friend (or at least pretend to be)

Just kiddin', bro. Don't sell drugs.

--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

InvisibleMidnight_Toker
Gone Fishin'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #21903015 - 07/05/15 09:46 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SleepyE said:
hey guys, i really need to vent to anything really, sorry to whine and stuff but it seems that events in my life have led me into a rough spot where im unfortunately forced into isolated from society, Im rarely with my friends who make me feel part of a community or make me feel loved and accepted.

I just want to know how i can ease this constant distress since i cant really fix my circumstance at this time.
Ive had a lot of experience with social isolation but i havent started to really feel the burn until now

Being around friends who make me feel welcome centers me in reality and positivity and since i dont have access to that in this dark period of my life im forced against my will to spend unhealthy amounts of time by my self which is horrible for me because i suffer from delusions that i have to constantly remind and enforce that its not real.

The only thing keeping me relativity functional is working on art (advancing my skills in digital painting/drawing.) and as i mentioned before weight training.

Its pretty much the only hope i have in fixing my isolation, If i can advance my skill set enough then just maybe that will be my ticket out of what i feel is a prison, or a life sentence in solitary confinement, holy fuck i now know why solitary is used as a torture technique, shit really fucking works unfortunately. :frown:
i notice when i make good art people actually are aware i exist and its a refreshing feeling to be honest :blush: thats why i feel i might find a community where i dont feel like a stranger if i can improve my stuff.

I just wish constant intrusive thoughts of inadequacy and eternal loneliness wasn't so bombarding, it would make it much easer to work without the constant weeping.

Like i have the constant thought that my youth is just being melted away as im confined to 4 walls for the majority of my life.

I really want a way out, and i dont really want to kill myself either so i think art is the only small chance i have to free me from prison.

Thanks for you time.

If you live in the Niagara region then give me a PM and maybe we can hang some time dood.  We'll go fishin' or something.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Also I'm a socially anxious introvert too but I try to just deal with it and people generally don't even notice.  We can keep a conversation up, we do have some common ground already after all!

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

Re: Why does social isolation have to hurt so fucking much [Re: Midnight_Toker]
    #21903077 - 07/05/15 10:00 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

i appreciate the offer :smile: unfortunately i live in the GTA area, Niagara is a bit too far for me.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
    #21903082 - 07/05/15 10:02 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

don't be such a crybaby. do have any idea how much suffering there is in the world and how many people will never even be able to conceive of the idea of going out with friends?

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

Re: Why does social isolation have to hurt so fucking much [Re: MilkdudTitties]
    #21903083 - 07/05/15 10:02 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MilkdudTitties said:
Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
In general.

Human emotions are infectious, like a disease.

A bad mood spreads like wildfire, its very easy to see this happen at work. But a good mood can spread just the same.

If you are pissed off and depressed all the time, no one will want to talk to you, unless they are feeling the same or they want to help you

i try to hide my depression when im around others.
i think i do an okay job.
I try to seem happy

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

OfflineIhateyou
Stranger

#21903089 - 07/05/15 10:03 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

:haha: What your parents grounded you because you smelled like weed?

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

Re: Why does social isolation have to hurt so fucking much [Re: s240779]
    #21903095 - 07/05/15 10:05 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Da2ra said:
don't be such a crybaby. do have any idea how much suffering there is in the world and how many people will never even be able to conceive of the idea of going out with friends?

of course im aware, im human still though, when im in a rough spot its hard for me to appreciate that someone has it worse, I find its harder to maintain empathy for other peoples suffering when you are suffering yourself, all you can really focus on is your own well being until thats fixed.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#21903910 - 07/06/15 03:05 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Whats doing it for me is Swimming, it took a load of MXE to break through the resistance.

I'm going to find love there, mark my words.

And THATS what you are missing. LOVE

The love of you, for you, and the love of lovers with a significant other.

Love is the message and the message is L.O.V.E. Spread it inward and outward. Receive it from the outside and the inside.

One for All ....and All for One.

Choo fucking choo choo man. Find that love train and ride it. It is in YOU. You are losing faith and hope and replace it with fear and doubt. Fear and doubt will bring you pain, faith and hope are your tickets to Love.

Love is the missing part of your equasion. Love in yourself for yourself, the love between friends and the love of lovers.

Defeat fear and doubt with courage. For me, I had severe social phobia. Body Dysmorphic Disorder which wasnt entirely far fetched as I'm quite obese.

I dragged my 360 lbs ass to the swimming pool, not scared shitless but proud like a God. Not arrogant, humble. I walked right up to the tiger and petted it.

The people love me there, most. I radiate this confidence, this love and people find it awesome. Thats not a delusion its evident by their responses towards me. Sure theres he occasional sneer but, hey people are people, thats water off a happy hippo's back.

Fear, Doubt - these are your enemies. They bring suffering.
Faith, Hope - these are your allies. They bring Love.

Find your "swimming", the social experience that exposes you at your most vulnerable, and do it. But, work on yourself too. Start loving yourself. Find the love inside you and start GIVING it in all directions, inside and out.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineVsnares.Zappa
bend over

Re: Why does social isolation have to hurt so fucking much [Re: k00laid]
    #21903951 - 07/06/15 03:38 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

k00laid said:
Quote:

SleepyE said:
people need social interactions and friends otherwise they go insane, its just how we are built.

ordinary men hate loneliness
but the master makes use of it
for he knows that
he is alone with the entire universe

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Why does social isolation have to hurt so fucking much [Re: Vsnares.Zappa]
    #21904015 - 07/06/15 04:48 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Were social creatures by nature.

I left my home 2 years ago. Left everyone and everything behind. I know what your talking about ive been depressed for quite a while. But i just talk to everybody now. Ive met a lot of good ass people along the way.

But it can suck when i dont really know who i can call when im really feeling lonely.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom