Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenazareth 225
walking about

Help.. I've gone off track
    #21897663 - 07/04/15 07:18 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Hello,

I started growing shrooms several years ago with a mail order kit and a spore syringe. Brf tech ordered pre filled jars etc worked good. Then I went to grain spawn and mono tubs. I had monster flushes with no fruiting chamber contamination. I had my battle with contamination in the jar stage and have solved that (I think) and currently I do G2G transfers... I just started flipping the jars to help speed up the colonization of the jars but notice what looks to be different growth pattern( the ones I have flipped have not yet been cased)

I have been using these techs to the letter at first then started tweaking.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11916595/fpart/1/vc/1

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679

the above tech I stopped simmering the wbs as I read on the forums here it is not needed.. I do the rinse thing let it soak 24-36 hours rinse again.

I have synthetic filter discs cut to quarter size put over 1/4 inch hole sealed with high temp rtv gasket maker.

Now I have what I think is cob web and the green mold in my fruiting chambers.. the fruit I do get usually falls over so i was wondering if I could get some thoughts on where I am going Wrong. I will list where I differed from the techs

[list]
  • Do not simmer wbs
    [list]
  • was using 3 to 4 pints of spawn not 6 qt
    [list]
  • water for coir was 6 to 7 qts and substrate was too wet. also not sure if coir is being sterilized with the method of adding boiling water to bucket and putting the lid on.?
    [list]
  • I had always just taken the lid off fruiting chamber when I noticed pins did not have fae holes filled with poly fill

[/url]

• Edited by nazareth 225 (07/04/15 07:18 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
    OfflineDensePlacebo
    Stranger
    Male

Loc: canada Flag
    Re: Help.. I've gone off track [Re: nazareth 225]
        #21897857 - 07/04/15 07:54 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

I can't say much about the jars idk someone else will. That is the same way I do my wbs. But as for opening the lid and not having polyfill, that is how is contaminating. Coir and verm are really contaminant resistant so if the waters boiling and you let it sit all closed up until its cool it should be fine. I've never had a problem with that tek and I'm pretty sure lots of people use it and it works wonderful for them.

--------------------
    Alright then, picture this if you will:
    10 to 2 AM, X, Yogi DMT, and a box of Krispy Kremes, in my "need to know" post, just outside of Area 51.
    Contemplating the whole "chosen people" thing with just a flaming stealth banana split the sky like one would hope but never really expect to see in a place like this.
    Cutting right angle donuts on a dime and stopping right at my Birkenstocks, and me yelping...
    Holy fucking shit!

InvisibleSteveRogers
    gandy dancer
     User Gallery

#21897904 - 07/04/15 08:03 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Get those tubs out of there. Now man. You are going to cause yourself a huge headache in the future. Especially if you have struggled in the past.

DEATHRAY.

Stop flipping your jars.
    I won't comment on the tek because I use Rye almost exclusively. Sometimes oats. All the WBS I have ever purchased was so filthy I just put it in my feeders as it was intended

--------------------
    "General, I am loyal to nothing......except The Dream"

Edited by SteveRogers (07/04/15 08:05 PM)

Offlinenazareth 225
    walking about

Re: Help.. I've gone off track [Re: SteveRogers]
        #21910179 - 07/07/15 05:20 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the info... Tubs are being tossed tonight.. Today I noticed some jars have contams.. and smell yeasty.. so they too will hit the road.. I was thinking that I wasn't using enough colonized wbs (only 3 pints) and my coir was too wet.. Now I am thinking the wbs is contam... sucks man got 78 pints and 24 quart jars.. guess I will try and take them to outside location and start all over with fresh spore syringes..

:confused::shocked:

InvisibleMad Season
    hookers and blackjack
     User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    Trusted Cultivator
        #21914386 - 07/08/15 12:35 PM (5 years, 7 months ago)

Look into agar. Seriously saved my ass with contaminations. I'd have quit long ago without it. You'd also have spore syringes barely touched haha

--------------------
    contam and car window art
    How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
    Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
    Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Edited by Mad Season (07/08/15 12:36 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation