Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblerelsseS
Moving back and forth
Male User Gallery

My first grow! UPDATED: Pics
    #21896604 - 07/04/15 12:45 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Hey guys. I've been cursed recently, had a lot of problems but in the end my monotub actually fucking fruited. I had mold grow on the masking tape I used (never using masking tape ever again) and had a weird bright yellow spot that ended up being piss.. It's still fruiting right now with lots of pins popping up every day, but I have this one massive monster shroom that grew faster than the rest. Last night the head must have opened up and broken the veil, while the little pins are still growing. Should I pick this shroom already and dry it out while the baby pins are finishing up? Or should I leave it in there until they're all done. This thing is massive, you can't tell from the pictures but it's 8 inches long and 2 inches fat.

UPDATED!!! My first fruits. The only thing I've ever accomplished in my life.

--------------------
I'm just here to learn.

Edited by relsseS (07/13/15 02:25 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRideAllBears
rawr

Re: My first grow! Early bloomer, should I pick it? [Re: relsseS]
    #21896618 - 07/04/15 12:56 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah do it. Let the baby shrooms seep those nutrients

--------------------

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My first grow! Early bloomer, should I pick it? [Re: RideAllBears]
    #21896652 - 07/04/15 01:08 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Clone it! Then eat it! :laugh:

--------------------
But if you're in a hurry, and really got to go
If you're in a hurry, might have to find out slow
That it's one thing to try and another to fly
You get there quicker just a step at a time
It's one thing to bark, another to bite
The show ain't over till you pack up at night

Offlinecaveman421
Horticulturist
Male

Re: My first grow! Early bloomer, should I pick it? [Re: filthyknees]
    #21896671 - 07/04/15 01:15 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Dont forget to take a print!

OfflineGrim767
Traveler of the Abyss
Male

Loc: The Abyss
    #21896674 - 07/04/15 01:15 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

filthyknees said:

What he said...

--------------------
Trade List

I won't bow to something that I've never seen,
Can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me,
I'm not blood of your blood,
I'm no son of your god,
I have no faith in your faith,
Still I find salvation.

InvisibleSteveRogers
gandy dancer
 User Gallery

#21896743 - 07/04/15 01:30 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Yes pick it before it drops spores all over the tub. I almost never pick all at once. Unless it's clones. Sometimes I'll just cut caps off and leave the stipe until the others develop as not to disturb the substrate. Pretty sure Pasty has some monos with pics like this....

--------------------
"General, I am loyal to nothing......except The Dream"

InvisibleDr.Satan
Mad Professor
I'm a teapot

Re: My first grow! Early bloomer, should I pick it? [Re: SteveRogers]
    #21896757 - 07/04/15 01:33 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Clone it? Does that mean take a print or what?

--------------------

InvisibleSteveRogers
gandy dancer
 User Gallery

Re: My first grow! Early bloomer, should I pick it? [Re: Dr.Satan]
    #21896786 - 07/04/15 01:39 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

No a print will not result in a clone. Here is a Tek from a very trusted cultivator.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17784996#17784996

--------------------

InvisibleDr.Satan
Mad Professor
I'm a teapot

#21898150 - 07/04/15 07:20 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SteveRogers said:
No a print will not result in a clone. Here is a Tek from a very trusted cultivator.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17784996#17784996

--------------------

InvisiblerelsseS
Moving back and forth
Male User Gallery

Re: My first grow! Early bloomer, should I pick it? [Re: Dr.Satan]
    #21903837 - 07/06/15 02:06 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Hey guys. I didn't make prints because I don't have the necessary materials, because honestly I thought I wasn't gonna grow anything. I didn't believe in myself and although I followed the steps perfectly, and still just felt nothing but negativity the entire way. Until this shit blossomed. 85.9 gram giant fruit, which I ate most of and that's a different story. There's more growing!

--------------------
I'm just here to learn.

OfflineDivinori
Stranger

#21903871 - 07/06/15 02:27 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

You ate an 85.9 gram mushroom? dear god

--------------------
“Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego.”

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

Loc: The Sporetorn States
Re: My first grow! Early bloomer, should I pick it? [Re: Grim767]
    #21903889 - 07/06/15 02:44 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Grim767 said:
Quote:

filthyknees said:

What he said...

CLONE DAT BIATCH :smile:

Though honestly I'm experienced enough to say if cloning boomers is a good idea as opposed to clusters.

Regardless, not much to lose from cloning it.  Also it may have pinned in subuptimal conditions which could be a nice trait.

Pop like 3g syrian rue and that single mush will prolly show you an amazing time.

--------------------

I spawned some popcorn casings and had double-overlay cause I didn't put enough hydrogen peroxide in my automated aquarium mister.  I only got one mushroom so I cut off the head part where the seeds fall from and put it in a jar of LC and sprayed it all over a tin of PF cakes I made with gravel, cardboard, and bisquick in my microwave.  I think it will be good cause B+ is so potent.
Triggered yet?

Only a square would say "a cube is a cube."

No, this does not look right...

InvisiblerelsseS
Moving back and forth
Male User Gallery

Re: My first grow! Early bloomer, should I pick it? [Re: Machiavelliavore]
    #21903911 - 07/06/15 03:06 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I only managed to eat like 2/3rds of it, fresh mushrooms taste horrible. But yeah sadly I can't clone this batch as it was only a test and I don't have the required materials. But I'm going to try again..

--------------------
I'm just here to learn.

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

Loc: The Sporetorn States
    #21903969 - 07/06/15 04:01 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

You can clone without agar.  I've done it dozens of times.  Just prepare some grains, take 1/8th cup, and put it in a pint or half pint container, PC ~50+ mins.

In your air box, tear the stipe in half, and with a sanitized or flamed knife/razor (I like boning) slice out a two small, clean tissue samples from the bottom center, and dump'm on either side of the jar.  Observe for contamination. G2G that to a master.

I suppose you need an air box.  That's about it.  You can use PP5 containers for the grains if you don't have small jars.

--------------------

I spawned some popcorn casings and had double-overlay cause I didn't put enough hydrogen peroxide in my automated aquarium mister.  I only got one mushroom so I cut off the head part where the seeds fall from and put it in a jar of LC and sprayed it all over a tin of PF cakes I made with gravel, cardboard, and bisquick in my microwave.  I think it will be good cause B+ is so potent.
Triggered yet?

Only a square would say "a cube is a cube."

No, this does not look right...

InvisiblerelsseS
Moving back and forth
Male User Gallery

Re: My first grow! Early bloomer, should I pick it? [Re: Machiavelliavore]
    #21935935 - 07/13/15 02:24 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I know how to clone, just didn't have the required materials, or the resources to get them. I pretty much live paycheck to paycheck so next week I can begin bulk...

Here is pictures of my fruit! First batch ever!!! 45.8 grams dry, not including the giant 85g wet mushroom.

--------------------
I'm just here to learn.

OfflineAero
Orea

#21936167 - 07/13/15 06:42 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

relsseS said:
I know how to clone, just didn't have the required materials, or the resources to get them. I pretty much live paycheck to paycheck so next week I can begin bulk...

Here is pictures of my fruit! First batch ever!!! 45.8 grams dry, not including the giant 85g wet mushroom.

dude clean that ashtray...

--------------------
SPREAD THE SPORES

Invisiblefilthyknees
no coincidence
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My first grow! Early bloomer, should I pick it? [Re: Aero]
    #21937777 - 07/13/15 03:20 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

:yourock:

--------------------
But if you're in a hurry, and really got to go
If you're in a hurry, might have to find out slow
That it's one thing to try and another to fly
You get there quicker just a step at a time
It's one thing to bark, another to bite
The show ain't over till you pack up at night

OfflineSizlChest
Padawan
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
    #21937882 - 07/13/15 03:49 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I've seen the four holes on the long side of the monotub more and more, is this an accepted technique nowadays? I've always done two hole on the short sides as far up as you can get with poly barely holding on, and two holes on each side of the long sides, with poly stuffed in there tight as you can get. What does the four holes do, besides extra FAE?

--------------------
PrimalSoup's Tea Tek

"I always say the tea is like eating a burning tire covered in dog shit while someone steps on your nuts. Good luck!"
"Hell, shrooms have blown up from under me and kicked my ass on 2 grams once."
"I think ill eat some shrooms right about now, and ill continue to until it doesnt feel like the right thing to do."

InvisiblerelsseS
Moving back and forth
Male User Gallery

Re: My first grow! Early bloomer, should I pick it? [Re: SizlChest]
    #21938654 - 07/13/15 06:41 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Most of the teks and recent uploads of monotubs seem to use that hole design so I stole it. I guess the bottom holes are tightly stuffed and the top holes are barely stuffed, making an even flow or something. I'm nowhere near skilled enough to give useful information.

And yeah man. I have a friend who chain smokes and within a few hours of hanging always manages to fill at least 2 ashtrays. And it always fucking spills because of him and I always tell him to empty the fucking ashtray if he's gonna chain smoke. I just feel kinda bad because he's a good friend just a clumsy forgetful person.

--------------------
I'm just here to learn.

InvisibleSteveRogers
gandy dancer
 User Gallery

#21938679 - 07/13/15 06:47 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

relsseS said:
Most of the teks and recent uploads of monotubs seem to use that hole design so I stole it. I guess the bottom holes are tightly stuffed and the top holes are barely stuffed, making an even flow or something. I'm nowhere near skilled enough to give useful information.

And yeah man. I have a friend who chain smokes and within a few hours of hanging always manages to fill at least 2 ashtrays. And it always fucking spills because of him and I always tell him to empty the fucking ashtray if he's gonna chain smoke. I just feel kinda bad because he's a good friend just a clumsy forgetful person.

Man. Someone smoking in my lab would get slapped harder than Tina Turner. Keep that shit outside. Nice grow though OP

--------------------

InvisiblerelsseS
Moving back and forth
Male User Gallery

#21938702 - 07/13/15 06:52 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

That picture is my bedroom using my weed scale lol. But thanks man. By the way I smoke too, but a pack will last me a week easily... every time I hang out with this kid he leaves his cigarette butts all over the fucking table and I snapped at him pretty hard the other day. Put down the toilet seat, wash your fucking hands, and don't make a fucking mess are the only rules in my house, and yet my friends always seem to "forget". It's alright, I control their drugs anyway

--------------------
I'm just here to learn.

OfflineMagicInMichigan
Internal conquistador
Male

Loc: Michigan,U.S.A.
    #21939882 - 07/13/15 11:16 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Congrats on strong myc saving the day and fruiting anyway. I love seeing people successful on a first attempt. Only got 2 of 6 cakes to fruit/not contam my first time around for a whopping 46g dry after 3 flushes. Since I've gotten a lot better at sterile technique. It will only get better from here. I suggest starting to learn agar as stated above though. I just did this last week and have some morel myc I let grow through some cardboard to help isolate it from contam before putting on agar and it looks clean so far 5 days in. Fingers crossed. If not I'm sure I'll get practice transferring and isolating plenty. Haha.

Cloning to agar or to grain jars is how a lot of those beautiful,full, and even flushes myself(and probably every newer cultivator on here) are done by the TC's after PMing a few and reading their grow teks. If you get another flush clone one of those beauties. There's just something about seeing a fellow new grower getting nice big mushies that starts my work shift off right. Thanks for the inspiration, keep it up, and FUCK that mold metropolis masking tape. Shit has fucked me after a couple months at high humidity too!

-MIM

--------------------
“the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”

I surround myself with people who aren't afraid to live. They have had what they love most taken from them, be it freedom, love, money, or anything for that matter. When you lose your greatest love you also lose your greatest fear, when that happens you are completely and utterly free.

InvisiblerelsseS
Moving back and forth
Male User Gallery

Re: My first grow! Early bloomer, should I pick it? [Re: MagicInMichigan]
    #21947865 - 07/15/15 03:11 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Oh no, this isn't my first attempt. That's why I had no faith in myself. My first attempt I got carried away; I had a few fully colonized grain jars that I successfully g2g transferred, and ended up with about 70 fully colonized jars. I was going to do one last g2g and end up with a few hundred jars, doing one giant bulk batch. But I put all my eggs in one basket. I ended up having to leave my house for a month due to personal reasons and had to abandon my project. I returned to 70 dead jars, drowned in myc piss. Actually, a few black, disgusting looking fruitbodies were inside the jars, freaks of nature, determined to grow.

My second attempt, I used a shitty spore vendor (Won't name them, but they rhyme with 'tree smores'.). Reviews went down drastically and I didn't notice. Half my jars were duds, no contam and no myc, and the other half were solid contam, all around the areas of inoculation.

This is my third attempt. I used a new vendor, not saying which one, but it worked. However, I have a police officer neighbor who thought I stole his mail, which is a felony and long story short, he ordered a bullshit search warrant for my house. I had a few minutes to prepare, so I dumped all my jars just incase. 3 rye grain jars survived, and I used those to successfully fruit this. I got 1.5oz dry from 3 pint jars, so I feel good.

Also, I gave them to friends and they all said they tripped good, even off little amounts like 2g.

Thank you for the support guys. I couldn't have done it without constant support and help from the Shroomery and I plan to contribute as much as possible. Starting Monday, when I get my paycheck, I will be creating 1-2 batches a week for the next several months, and I plan to grow pounds. I wish to store them in perfect conditions, and have enough shrooms to trip for years.

--------------------
I'm just here to learn.

OfflineMagicInMichigan
Internal conquistador
Male

Loc: Michigan,U.S.A.
    #21947958 - 07/15/15 03:29 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

In any case, glad it finally is working out. Congrats.

--------------------
“the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”

I surround myself with people who aren't afraid to live. They have had what they love most taken from them, be it freedom, love, money, or anything for that matter. When you lose your greatest love you also lose your greatest fear, when that happens you are completely and utterly free.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules