Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePerceptive
Stranger

HPPD, who can help me?, Depersonalization, Derealization. Someone who's had it?
    #21830003 - 06/19/15 08:50 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I have had HPPD for 8 months.

I have Depersonalization disorder from the HPPD.

Does the Depersonalization ever get cured through trauma therapy?

Does it ever go away or am I stuck with this shit for life?

How can I get rid of Depersonalization and feel normal again?

I am working on accepting it. I may try shrooms or MDMA to process the trauma.

I see static, objects within objects like faces, floaters, .... will the DP ever go away, like, if I accept it without fear?

Or does seeing such visuals that alter my sense of reality make the Depersonalization untreatable?

I am asking this to someone who has experienced HPPD, with visuals that may alter perception of reality like seeing faces (not just static) ...

please help I have had it for 8 months and meditate everyday for at least an hour. I am not on medication. I journal my feelings. Yoga. healthy/hippie living.

I am also considering continuing drugs if I can accept the visuals. It is just the DP  that's obviously hard to deal with.

Is Depersonalization a sort of PTSD? Is it a side effect of visuals?

I obviously just want this DP to be cured. It has taught me a lot but I am ready to be mentally stable and lucid to be able to be in touch with my emotions ....... thanks ! <3

How do I get over the anxiety regarding HPPD by adressing the root of the problem? It hurts

Edited by Perceptive (06/22/15 12:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlazeyy
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the Phrygian Hats Flag
Re: HPPD, who can help me?, Depersonalization, Derealization. Someone who's had it? [Re: Perceptive]
    #21831827 - 06/20/15 09:46 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Same issue here :/

--------------------
I give you the choice of 2 pills.

With each containing one of the following:
Cyanide... Psilocin... Would you take the risk?
Didn't think so.

This is why Positive Identification prior to consumption is important.

InvisibleZombi3
Bella Ciao!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bat Country Flag
Re: HPPD, who can help me?, Depersonalization, Derealization. Someone who's had it? [Re: Perceptive] * 1
    #21831839 - 06/20/15 09:53 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Abstain from drugs %100.
Start exercising a lot more.
It will go away in time.

I had bad HPPD for a little over a year, but it is almost entirely gone now.

Time heals all wounds. If you dont reopen them with more drugs.

--------------------
Youve Met With A Terrible Fate, Havent You?

Click here to enter this weeks Ban Lottery!!
In Crust We Trust

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: HPPD, who can help me?, Depersonalization, Derealization. Someone who's had it? [Re: Zombi3]
    #21831911 - 06/20/15 10:25 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I have HPPD. And im not talking about static either. Ill straight up be walking down the street and its like a low dose of shrooms just hit me. Ive had a few bad episodes, or flashbacks. Straight up visuals for 15 min. Im pretty sure they get worse in times of stress. Ive had entire weeks where I am in a mild.....flashybacky state where things just seem "off" visually. Like I said, akin to a very low dose of mushrooms.

Its nothing to worry about though :shrug: You bought the ticket, take the ride boi! :lol: Stop over thinking this. You took hardass DRUGS that are notorious for permanently changing your interpretation of reality.

You can either cry, hug your pillow, google symptoms and run to a psychiatrist (who has no real idea of how to treat such a state anyway) with your tail between your legs.....or embrace it.

Man up. You know what you were risking. Welcome to the club :aweohyou: But take solace in the fact that you are

A) Not alone

and

B) Nothing is gonna harm you or kill you during your worst "episodes"

Maybe this video will help

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Edited by Almond Flour (06/20/15 10:29 AM)

Invisiblephilopian_tube

Re: HPPD, who can help me?, Depersonalization, Derealization. Someone who's had it? [Re: Almond Flour]
    #21834327 - 06/20/15 10:16 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I had horrible dp/dr from dabbing into various research chemicals back in 2010, cured 100% in 2012

didnt have any therapy and it goes away once you stop thinking about it.

I still take drugs, but they are mainly muscle relaxers, painkillers, alcohol or benzos. Pretty much anything that gives you a body high without fucking with your head (visuals/perception) doesnt trigger it anymore.

Sucks I can't take psychedelics anymore though

Good luck, it's not that bad once you learn to accept it.

--------------------

Edited by philopian_tube (06/20/15 10:18 PM)

OfflineIcyus
KavitārkikasiṃHa
Male

Loc: Inbetween.
Re: HPPD, who can help me?, Depersonalization, Derealization. Someone who's had it? [Re: philopian_tube]
    #21838450 - 06/21/15 06:56 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I have concluded we cant know shit. In any way, in any dimension or manner

--------------------
And thus begins the  reverse-fusing of our one-dimentional understanding, and adds ever-expanding perspectives, in depth and number; splitting our perception, and in so doing, seemingly irrationally, creates yet more one-ness, with all that ever was, is and will ever be, streching across the infinite, inunderstood concept of everything, percievable and not.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: HPPD, who can help me?, Depersonalization, Derealization. Someone who's had it? [Re: Icyus]
    #21841325 - 06/22/15 11:14 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

They always mention stuff about schizo's brains being inflamed, maybe it's something in your diet?

OfflinePerceptive
Stranger

Re: HPPD, who can help me?, Depersonalization, Derealization. Someone who's had it? [Re: Konyap]
    #21851680 - 06/24/15 05:48 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

fuck this bullshit i see faces everywhere i need to smoke

OfflineSteelPanther

Loc: The Energy
Re: HPPD, who can help me?, Depersonalization, Derealization. Someone who's had it? [Re: Perceptive]
    #21871118 - 06/28/15 10:57 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Iv had depersonalization and still have hppd and that is why I am not giving a big long response. As for the depersonalization and derealiation you have to wait it out an stop thinking about it. As for the hppd almost the same thing, as it will diminish with time, however it may never fully go away. I still have hppd but it doesn't both me at all currently.

So try and relax and focus on other stuff.

--------------------
Everything I say on here is not true, I am an insecure person who lies about doing drugs and stuff to make myself feel good. So any illegal things I may have talked about are all fictional.

OfflineMoxyOx
Grazin'

Loc: Flag
Re: HPPD, who can help me?, Depersonalization, Derealization. Someone who's had it? [Re: SteelPanther] * 1
    #21880772 - 06/30/15 11:05 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Focusing on it won't alleviate it, it'll just stick like a slimy piece of putty.

Try being more social and spending time with family/friends. Community service never hurts either. Just get out of your own head man, no good can from isolation.

--------------------
No one behind, no one ahead.
The path the ancients cleared has closed.
And the other path, everyone's path,
easy and wide, goes nowhere.
I am alone and find my way.

OfflineSteelPanther

Re: HPPD, who can help me?, Depersonalization, Derealization. Someone who's had it? [Re: MoxyOx] * 1
    #21880977 - 06/30/15 11:57 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I said try to not focus on it, focusing on it makes it worse

--------------------
Everything I say on here is not true, I am an insecure person who lies about doing drugs and stuff to make myself feel good. So any illegal things I may have talked about are all fictional.

OfflineMoxyOx
Grazin'

Loc: Flag
Re: HPPD, who can help me?, Depersonalization, Derealization. Someone who's had it? [Re: SteelPanther]
    #21882027 - 07/01/15 08:43 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Directed at OP and meant to back you up.

--------------------
No one behind, no one ahead.
The path the ancients cleared has closed.
And the other path, everyone's path,
easy and wide, goes nowhere.
I am alone and find my way.

OfflinePerceptive
Stranger

Re: HPPD, who can help me?, Depersonalization, Derealization. Someone who's had it? [Re: MoxyOx]
    #21882311 - 07/01/15 10:20 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

thanks. Its hard haha.

I learned that the key is to not fear it. so that I wont look for symptoms. thats what anxiety does I think

OfflineSteelPanther

#21883087 - 07/01/15 02:23 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, sorry for the confusion moxyox

A big part of the reason I just tried to ignore it from the beginning is because when I was younger I was very ocd. I went through various phases where I was extremely attentive to stuff and would get mental about it. One thing was dust for a few months, I paid so much attention to it that I would hold my shirt over my mouth so I wouldn't breath it in because I was paranoid about breathing in so much dust. I remember the dust ocd thing the most because I think its when I first started to realize that I had to stop paying so much attention to little particles in the air.

In a way its too late for this now, but before I ever tripped, and I tripped with friends for the first time, I told everyone and knew myself that we had to accept the fact that we may forever have hppd for the rest of our life. I did not trip until I was ok knowing tripping would likely change me forever. In your case you already tripped but it would still help to realize that you already did it, it already happened, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to change the past. I don't reccomend you go and smoke a bunch of weed since it does cloud the mind and is highly addictive, but weed does keep my hppd at bay. I forget this sometimes and I don't smoke weed for a while and I start having low level 3 visuals.

Another helpful thing is to enjoy it, when most people are sitting in a room with nothing to do you can stare at the ground, or at the wall. I remember a time that I was watching the screen at the movie theater before the movie came on, because I was just chilling watching a blank white screen but it was interesting and entertaining. It doesn't interest me to that level anymore but since your new to it try and enjoy when you notice it. Your getting a free glimpse of tripping, but when you stop looking at it your completely sober.

Writing this may be a mistake though because as others and I have said before, the most important thing is to not think about it.

--------------------

OfflinePerceptive
Stranger

Re: HPPD, who can help me?, Depersonalization, Derealization. Someone who's had it? [Re: Zombi3]
    #21891783 - 07/03/15 08:53 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

are u gonna trip/smoke again when ur HPPD is gone?

OfflineSteelPanther

Re: HPPD, who can help me?, Depersonalization, Derealization. Someone who's had it? [Re: Perceptive] * 1
    #21892968 - 07/03/15 02:42 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I know I did :awesome:

However if you do not want to have hppd that is exactly what you don't want to do.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom