Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAppleCrisp
Stranger
Hypothetically Speaking
    #2186825 - 12/18/03 12:17 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

If you had decided that you wanted to kill yourself, but did not want to cause any of your friends or family any pain.. how would you go about the task. I think moving away, and seeming to disappear would be the best way. Though I'm unsure.

Please add your ideas.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineboredboy
The Reverend DoyBuh

Re: Hypothetically Speaking [Re: AppleCrisp]
    #2186942 - 12/18/03 01:33 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I dunno, I think if you simply "disappeared" that would create a lot more pain and hardship for your family. Think about it, they would always have the idea that you were out there somewhere in the back of there minds, it might not hurt them as much at first but it would kill them over time.

--------------------

Happy on the pull of the past
Just before the future comes
Hoping for the rush of some experience
That could elevate me

Up above the daily hum
-The Flaming Lips

Anonymous #1

Re: Hypothetically Speaking [Re: boredboy]
    #2186950 - 12/18/03 01:42 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

true..

applecrisp - I thought the same way applecrisp. just understand why you are doing this and is it your decision for yourself.

if I were you,(and maybe me too) I would tour with a jam band. you will find a really cool family of friends and I bet your life will be filled with happiness if you open your heart and mind to the people you meet.

just remember, you must first give up everything to be free. I suggest you try this out first instead of killing yourself.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2186976 - 12/18/03 02:01 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Give your life to charity for a while first. But I think moving away and falling out of touch would be easiest. They would still have hope then albeit false hope. But they could come to term slowly over time.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: Hypothetically Speaking [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2186995 - 12/18/03 02:12 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well from what ive heard from Familys that have lost loved ones they would rather know what happend to them. they say the worst thing is not knowing what happend. so if you appear to have disapeared it might be worst for the family than if they know you are dead.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Hypothetically Speaking [Re: buckwheat]
    #2187013 - 12/18/03 02:25 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I guess the grass is always greener.

--------------------

OfflineShizpow
Street Samurai

Loc: Oregon
    #2187182 - 12/18/03 04:27 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Go out on a high note. Get yourself killed in the act of destroying someone terrible...like Dubya. At least that way, your friends and family could look at it and say, "Well, at least it wasn't senseless." Seriously though...don't kill yourself. But if anyone needs to, I say they should at least make the most of the fact that you can't be puished once you're dead and do something truly productive.

--------------------
If you cut a face lengthwise, urinate on it, and trample on it with straw sandles, it is said that the skin will come off. This was heard by the priest Gyojaku when he was in Kyoto. It is information to be treasured.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: Hypothetically Speaking [Re: Shizpow]
    #2187229 - 12/18/03 05:11 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Dude shut the fuck up, the dudes talking about killing himself and your encouraging him to take others down too.
seriously though, your a fuckin douche

--------------------

OfflineBruiser
Fuel Injected Suicide Machine

Loc: Hell
    #2187329 - 12/18/03 07:47 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

This is not the right messege board for posts like this. This should at the very least be moved to the support group forum.

--------------------
-I put the chrome to your dome

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Hypothetically Speaking [Re: Bruiser]
    #2188055 - 12/18/03 02:25 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Hypothetically there is no way to die and not hurt people that love you.

I think suicide is a bad idea, but if you're 120% sure its what you want I say atleast make the best of it. Donate your organs, get life insurance, etc and see if there is away to do good with your death. Like dieing for a good cause or something, cant really think of examples right now... If you want to die and cause minimal pain you could go to Iraq and make it look like an accident or something.

But I think its better to change your life instead of ending it, if you're willing to consider death why not try other things first? Like becoming a bounty hunter, or exploring the world, or some other dangerious and exciting things? Maybe life is still worth living...theres afew billion people that seem to think so....

Good luck,

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2188061 - 12/18/03 02:26 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Moving this to support group !

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2189030 - 12/18/03 10:32 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Hmm.  I really don't know what to say.  I know how you feel.  You've only posted once and I hope that you are doing well, or at least better then you were at the time of this post.

I used to constantly be flooded with the thoughts of suicide.  It used to be the only reason I woke up every morning.  Thinking that maybe one day I would find the best way to do it.  The least painful and a way where my friends or family wouldn't suffer.  But this isn't such a way.  If you kill yourself, the people close to you are going to be in alot of pain.  There's no stopping that.  They will be constantly asking questions 'Why?' or perhaps think that maybe, if they would have said the right thing at the right time, just MAYBE they could have saved you.  Most of us that have suicidal tendencies know that's not the case.  If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen.

I just really hope that whatever you decide to do, you REALLY think about it.  Think about what you are going to be leaving behind.  Think about the things you enjoy doing right now, even tho there may not seem to be alot, or even any.. If you give it some serious thought, I'm sure you will find a few things that you will miss that bring you joy.  Keep in mind that if you do it, it's the end.  There's no turning back.  There's no second chances.  If you decide to change your mind, that's something you are going to have to 'live' with if there is anything after life.

Things may be hard to deal with right now, and being suicidal as well, I know exactly how you are feeling.  It doesn't seem worth it.  You feel like there is no other option; no chance that anything will ever change.  But that's the problem.  If you continue to think like that, to suck yourself into that negative mindframe, then you are right.  Nothing WILL change.  Negative thoughts make negative things happen and positive thoughts make positive things happen.  I know it's extremely hard to do when you are in such a downward spiral and feel so alone but you need to stay positive.

There are many people here that want to see you come out of this.  Even tho we don't know you, we don't want to see you or your family or your friends go thru any heartache and unnecessary pain.  I hope to see you come back and post in this thread.  If you need anyone to talk to PLEASE, don't hesitate at all in messaging me here, or on any of the instant messengers that I have included in my profile.  Keep in mind that you are not alone.  You aren't the only one who has these thoughts and at times like this we all need to pull together and help each other.  Don't let anyone look down on you or talk as tho they are better then you because you get these feelings.  No one is better than anyone else.  We are all equals.  And we all need a friend to talk to sometimes, and a shoulder to lean / cry on.

Take care of yourself and I hope to hear from you very soon.  Keep your head up.  We all care and are thinking about you. :heartpump:

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #2189332 - 12/19/03 01:17 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

AppleCrisp said:
If you had decided that you wanted to kill yourself, but did not want to cause any of your friends or family any pain..

I have thought about the same thing man (hypothetically that is) and there is no way to do it. You will always hurt your friends and family. I came to the conclusion that killing yourself is a very selfish act. Please just remember that this life is just a passing phase. It will end on its own some day in the not too distant future. I have found my only comfort in the word of God (the Bible). The simple truth is that this life in and of itself is meaningless, but there is a reason why you are here.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: Hypothetically Speaking [Re: sykobish]
    #2189379 - 12/19/03 02:01 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sykobish said:
Hmm.  I really don't know what to say.  I know how you feel.  You've only posted once and I hope that you are doing well, or at least better then you were at the time of this post.

I used to constantly be flooded with the thoughts of suicide.  It used to be the only reason I woke up every morning.  Thinking that maybe one day I would find the best way to do it.  The least painful and a way where my friends or family wouldn't suffer.  But this isn't such a way.  If you kill yourself, the people close to you are going to be in alot of pain.  There's no stopping that.  They will be constantly asking questions 'Why?' or perhaps think that maybe, if they would have said the right thing at the right time, just MAYBE they could have saved you.  Most of us that have suicidal tendencies know that's not the case.  If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen.

I just really hope that whatever you decide to do, you REALLY think about it.  Think about what you are going to be leaving behind.  Think about the things you enjoy doing right now, even tho there may not seem to be alot, or even any.. If you give it some serious thought, I'm sure you will find a few things that you will miss that bring you joy.  Keep in mind that if you do it, it's the end.  There's no turning back.  There's no second chances.  If you decide to change your mind, that's something you are going to have to 'live' with if there is anything after life.

Things may be hard to deal with right now, and being suicidal as well, I know exactly how you are feeling.  It doesn't seem worth it.  You feel like there is no other option; no chance that anything will ever change.  But that's the problem.  If you continue to think like that, to suck yourself into that negative mindframe, then you are right.  Nothing WILL change.  Negative thoughts make negative things happen and positive thoughts make positive things happen.  I know it's extremely hard to do when you are in such a downward spiral and feel so alone but you need to stay positive.

There are many people here that want to see you come out of this.  Even tho we don't know you, we don't want to see you or your family or your friends go thru any heartache and unnecessary pain.  I hope to see you come back and post in this thread.  If you need anyone to talk to PLEASE, don't hesitate at all in messaging me here, or on any of the instant messengers that I have included in my profile.  Keep in mind that you are not alone.  You aren't the only one who has these thoughts and at times like this we all need to pull together and help each other.  Don't let anyone look down on you or talk as tho they are better then you because you get these feelings.  No one is better than anyone else.  We are all equals.  And we all need a friend to talk to sometimes, and a shoulder to lean / cry on.

Take care of yourself and I hope to hear from you very soon.  Keep your head up.  We all care and are thinking about you. :heartpump:

that was an awesome post syko  :sun:

AppleCrisp, instead of killing yourself... you could try something.  Like rob a bank.  If I was gonna die in like a month, at LEAST try to get rich quick, go out with a fight. 

A while ago I climbed on top of a twenty story building and walked out to the edge, standing looking over.  My friends thought I was crazy... one wouldnt come near the edge, another friend crawled on his hands and knees to look over.  But, the view was amazing.  As I was standing up there I realized I was there because of suicidial depression.  Otherwise I would have been too scared to do that.  Then the security gaurd came up and we escaped.

Life sucks, make it better.  The way I figure it, you've got this life that you live.  So you should make it the best life possible.  How?  I dunno but alot of people have figured it out so I'm thinkin, at least its possible.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2189562 - 12/19/03 04:48 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Whatever you do don't OD. We don't need any more bad press. But real please don't suicide. Go spend some time in a burn clinic or visit some cancer patients. Your life might not seem so bad then.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2190185 - 12/19/03 11:32 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

hypothetical huh??? well, hypothetically, the least you can do is dig your own grave beforehand, that way no one has to clean you up. that last great deed you don't want to be known for is a mess for someone else to clean after.

on the flipside, suicide is never the answer man!!!!! if one was to commit suicide there's NO and I repeat NO way of doing it nicely so no one gets offended, unless your parents are total craphole humans who can't feel love.

running away helps nothing either, when you run away you hurt your parents then. the longer you are away, the worse it is for them, trust me on this. if you run away and then suicide yourself, that'll bring even more pain. so running away isn't the "best" choice.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder