Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
DNA and Inferior Humans
    #2184875 - 12/17/03 08:49 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well now that the humman genome has been cracked it wont be long before there will be a divide between humans. This may be a new form of racism called geneticaly Inferoraty, its as simple as saying I am better than you because of my DNA which means I am smarer fastre and stronger which WILL be scientificaly prooven. There alread trying to prove that gayness is a genetic disorder which would be strange if they came up with a cure and even there is suppost to be a criminal gene which make you more likely to commit a crime.

Anyway this stuff kinda breaks the bubble that we are all the same and no one is better than anyone else which is clearly not true. This is because science can explaine things on a genetic level but this would only apply anyeway if you playing these games on an animal level. But we do all have the same rights to be here and to be treated in the same way regardless if you stupid and fat or not.
Then theres the fad of designer babies like you would get to choose ther sex hair colour, inteligence ect. Imagine been born a barbie doll.

Anyway what do you guys think ?

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: DNA and Inferior Humans [Re: EvilGir]
    #2184945 - 12/17/03 09:29 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

..the genome hasnt yet yielded any "useful" information for would-be genetic fascists..or any useful information at all..for that matter...
but you are correct.. if biological superiority could ever be proven..it would immediately nullify any premise for maintaining a civil society...and already..the mere belief without proof has eliminated much of that premise...and i would be very skeptical about any "scientific discovery" that claims such proof..given the obvious ulterior motives involved...

helen fisher is a prime example of this...she's very obviously wrong..but the right-wing corporate media (which..i may add..is male-dominated) is happy to publish her nonetheless..precisely because it is a politically correct trojan horse for racism...to repeat myself..if what she says could ever be proven..it would automatically validate racism and other types of discrimination...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Re: DNA and Inferior Humans [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2185042 - 12/17/03 10:22 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hey it would almost be like the nazi where onto something, just hope nothing like that would ever happen again. I mean imagine the world in 100 years from now where genetical inferiour babies would be killed at birth.

I think stuff like this happens to day but only with deformaties or other problems.
But imagine if the same was done just because a childs didnt have the DNA for a high IQ and any living with with DNA problems where terminated or treated like second class. It would be like oh your IQ only 200 you loser.

Then there could be even desrimanation in the work place because of your DNA, like you could be prone to catch the flu more easily than other or it may show other things that an employee woudnt want that person to work there.

But one of the scaryest thing is though they are soon to start screening childrens DNA from birth. This would probably be stored somewhere and could even determin that kids life, like what schools they would be let in to and stuff. Its also very morbid as well today they can scan your DNA and tell you if your gona catch a genetic illness.

So it would be like oh your gona die at the age of 35 and there is nothing you can do about it. This has already happened to people and because they where told the wrong way the went and killed them selves.

But it could still be good to cure genetic ilnesses but we are human so it will be abused.

Anyway here is alink if anyone is intrested :

http://www.doegenomes.org/

--------------------

Edited by jezu (12/17/03 10:41 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2185053 - 12/17/03 10:26 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Traditional Hindus generally prefer male children. With the early sex detection of babies, many Hindi women (transplants to the west were this test is available) are choosing to abort female fetuses. So this crude type of genetic screening has already started.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
    #2185119 - 12/17/03 11:08 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

The influence of environment on gene expression is still unknown to a large extent...you may have the makins of a super-human, but unless you're offered opportunities and challenges to bring out your traits, it's pretty much hit and miss.

I do like the idea to screen for diseases tho....that needs to be implemented.
Read a story called Beggars in Spain....it addresses the idea of in-womb fetal genetic manipulation....it's by Nancy Kress.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: DNA and Inferior Humans [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #2185130 - 12/17/03 11:15 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

But, I mean... how much is it nature vs. nurture, really? Bring proned to something, doesn't imply it will unravel itself within the human's lifetime. A non-criminal could turn criminal and vice versa.

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Re: DNA and Inferior Humans [Re: ergot]
    #2185183 - 12/17/03 11:48 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

>But, I mean... how much is it nature vs. nurture, really? Bring proned to something, doesn't imply it will unravel itself within the human's lifetime. A non-criminal could turn criminal and vice versa

But there are genetic traits in behaviour through diffrent races even between diffrent areas say London and Manchester. Which some of it may be enviromental but the traits are still there. And I bet if you screened most people who commit murder and compared them to a huge poppulation you would probably find the murderrs will share something geneticaly in common.

Anyway I just did a bit of research and found this site that will back my ideas so here is a intresting link so i guess there is no real free will after all :

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/research/2002/11/criminal_genes/

--------------------

Edited by jezu (12/17/03 01:24 PM)

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2185394 - 12/17/03 01:46 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Gattaca. Have you seen it? If you have not, i would suggest watching it, it is a very great movie. Also, have you read Brave New World? A wonderful read.

--------------------
What?

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Re: DNA and Inferior Humans [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2185478 - 12/17/03 02:13 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Gattaca kicked ass...one of the best scores released on cd ever.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: DNA and Inferior Humans [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2185491 - 12/17/03 02:21 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

you must have had alcohol in your blood surrogate...

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: DNA and Inferior Humans [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2185641 - 12/17/03 03:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

lol, funnnneeee  :rolleyes:  :grin:

--------------------
What?

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
    #2188844 - 12/18/03 08:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

ummm. The whole "criminal gene" fiasco got disproven like...70 years ago.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
    #2188871 - 12/18/03 09:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

there was an epsoide of the outer limits on choosing super genes for you kids or something once..
anywho..i happen to believe in the fact that everyone here on hear is here for a reason. the good, the bad, the smart, the stupid.
we form a nessary balance. to me that says that no one is better than anyone else in this world, we all have our own purpose, whatever it may be.
(please look past my really bad spelling :frown: )

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: DNA and Inferior Humans [Re: soylent_green]
    #2189234 - 12/19/03 12:09 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

that episode was on this morning !

--------------------
What?

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2189260 - 12/19/03 12:25 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think babies born with genetically inferior genes should be aborted. Someone needs to serve me my cheeseburgers at the drive-thru.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Re: DNA and Inferior Humans [Re: Frog]
    #2189267 - 12/19/03 12:31 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hey....i may be relegated to drive-thru work if i can't find anything better.....
Don't think we're all genetically inferior :lol:

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2189289 - 12/19/03 12:49 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You might be interested in Scientific American's latest issue. There is an article entitled "Does Race Exist?" that explores the genome as it relates to race. One highlight is "two people of different"races" can share more genetic similarity than two people of the same race".

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2190703 - 12/19/03 01:58 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

*points to his sig...*

Just replace "Beethoven symphony" with "Human", and "wave pressure" with "DNA" :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: DNA and Inferior Humans [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2190967 - 12/19/03 03:34 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

You might be interested in Scientific American's latest issue. There is an article entitled "Does Race Exist?" that explores the genome as it relates to race. One highlight is "two people of different"races" can share more genetic similarity than two people of the same race".

That doesn't make sense. If race cannot be detected or is non-existent, how can anyone determine that the two people are of different races and the other two people are of the same race?

Bill Cosby might be genetically closer to Michael Moriarty than he is to Mike Tyson as even though he is called an African-American he is also an Irish-American.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Re: DNA and Inferior Humans [Re: Swami]
    #2190978 - 12/19/03 03:38 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

>You might be interested in Scientific American's latest issue. There is an article entitled "Does Race Exist?" that explores the genome as it relates to race. One highlight is "two people of different"races" can share more genetic similarity than two people of the same race".

Well there are genetis diseases that can only effect a certain race, this goes for all races, like Sickle cell disease which is most commonly observed in African Americans and Hispanics from the Caribbean, Central America.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds