Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePerceptive
Stranger

HPPD, am I fucked?
    #21847008 - 06/23/15 06:08 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I have had HPPD for 8 months.
First it was just static. Smoked weed for some months, now I see faces, called pareidolia, like in the clouds and shit. Or anything really. The trees are percieved as monsters... Or literally anything that I look at...... last time I dabbed up a tree had a smile face on it and I couldnt get my brain to stop.

I had a sort of PTSD from it cuz it scared me but now I've accepted it. I am pissed off because weed makes it worse.

People on HPPDonline, a support group for hppd, say to NEVER trip again and some people are like vegatables from debilitating Depersonalization(DP) induced from HPPD. I mean they are stuck on a hard acid trip

I just wanna fucking smoke weed and do psychedelics again!!!.. fuck!! but whenever i look at a wall I see patterns and I get closed eye visuals/patterns like Im still tripping!

All I can really do is wait for it to go away and live healthy.

Has anyone had similar symptoms as me? Are they symptoms of HPPD?

I have only tripped a handful of times and I feel like Im not done with tripping! especially weed but it makes me trip balls!!!

Fuckkkkkk I have ADHD and weed slows my mind down but I cant smoke.

I feel like shit

If this shit doesnt go away soon I will hate this. I hope that I will be able to trip again in my lifetime. especially the weed. fuckkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!! i hate being sober!!!! especially how I trip dead sober!!!!!!!!!! My freckle appeared to be a  bug at first.

My symptoms
-static
-afterimages
-seeing faces in objects
-trees or basically anything appears to be "monsters".......

FUCKKKKKKKKKK i dont wanna be fucking perma tripping until im fucking 80 !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Perceptive (06/23/15 07:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: HPPD, am I fucked? [Re: Perceptive] * 1
    #21849137 - 06/24/15 06:45 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

ive expierenced hppd first hand, from smoking weed the day after an acid trip, it brought it right back, fractals everwhere.

some people are just biologically set up different, i had another friend who had hppd for almost 3 months after a single trip.

id say you need to stop doing all the hallucinogenics right off the bat, and in the event you are still wanting to smoke pot, find a good indica strain, and a good sativa strain, and see if they have any different effects on your hppd, because their highs and their specific canabanoids do offer different effects to the user.

you might even want to make a phone call to a colorado dispensary or 2 and explain your situation with the pot, even if you dont live there, they might be able to give you some pretty good advice, for free.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleLordSenate Happy Birthday!
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Loc: First Circle of Hell
Re: HPPD, am I fucked? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #21854112 - 06/25/15 08:26 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I had HPPD for a good 4-6 months and the only thing that helped was stopping hallucinogenics and then focusing on my health. I still smoked albeit not nearly as heavily and tried to stay away from heavy psychedelic feeling strains like heavy sativas.. maybe a 1:1 cbd thc ratio would be good for OP so as to have more of the medical aspect and less of the other.

Offlinezenoob
the sun is purple
Re: HPPD, am I fucked? [Re: LordSenate]
    #21856129 - 06/25/15 05:18 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I love hppd. Monsters? awesome. Some people call it free trips...?

--------------------
you are exactly as big as what you love, and exactly as small as that which you allow to annoy you

OfflineTrippieHunter
Swagger of a cripple

Loc: Your mums house!
Re: HPPD, am I fucked? [Re: zenoob]
    #21870757 - 06/28/15 09:47 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I am not sure if I have HPPD but my symptoms are similar to your earlier onset. I have been seen static and fractals for a while now. But what I  have learned

to do it accept it. It can be quite enjoying. I meditate while under the sky, outside is where this seems to happen most. Maybe this is a gift we have

been given and we just need to learn to control it?

--------------------
Just remember keep the camera rolling and
FILM THE POLICE!!! CLICK ME

WHO'S SIDE ARE YOU ON? CLICK ME TOO!

Let it go and you will trip into wonderland!

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Re: HPPD, am I fucked? [Re: TrippieHunter]
    #21871930 - 06/29/15 04:17 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I was going to say, I envy you.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

OfflineTrippieHunter
Swagger of a cripple

Re: HPPD, am I fucked? [Re: circastes]
    #21872691 - 06/29/15 10:11 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

circastes said:
I was going to say, I envy you.

Why's that?

--------------------

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
    #21876725 - 06/30/15 06:19 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Well I'd love to be tripping all the time. heh.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

OfflineGoldenEye
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: HPPD, am I fucked? [Re: circastes] * 1
    #21876757 - 06/30/15 06:38 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Relax.

HPPD is an after effect that persists in people that didn't manage to deal with all the surfacing material during the trip. The trip opened up a mental system of past experiences, asociations and resulting character traits. Stan Grof called this a Condensed Experience (CoEx). He claimed that a CoEx needed to be worked through completely before the psychedelics could have a healing effect. In some patients that took only a single session. In others it took many.

He noticed that all negative after effects from a psychedelic session were related to CoEx's being activated but not fully working through them. These after effects included HPPD, anxiety, depersonalisation, psychosomatic physical pains and such. He would do another session with the patient as soon as possible, while the activated CoEx was still at the surface.

I don't suggest you run off to do so. But, I do suggest you read Stan Grof's book LSD Psychotherapy in which he explains his views.

Another member of this board recently posted an experience here that lined up with Grof's views. His thread title was something like: "Realy good trip cured me of my HPPD!". I didn't post in his thread so I can't find it for you.

Good luck. You'll be fine.

InvisibleToadstool5
A Registered Mycophile
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Golden State
Re: HPPD, am I fucked? [Re: GoldenEye]
    #21878755 - 06/30/15 03:50 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Has anyone had similar symptoms as me? Are they symptoms of HPPD?

Could also be latent schizophrenia manifesting itself. It could also be hallucinations caused by mania from bipolar disorder, ADHD and Bipolar 1 sometimes get misdiagnosed as one another. There is also a higher rate of ADHD in individuals with BP 1, a significant comorbity exists.

I would say go easy on the psychoactives, including caffeine and if it doesnt clear up in a few months or gets worse you should consider getting mental health help.

I have found CBD dominate strains such as the infamous "Charlotte's Web" to be quite beneficial in slowing the mind and preventing hallucinations. It has actually been studied separately from THC and was found to be an anti-psychotic. THC on the other hand causes psychotic breaks and hallucinations in large enough doses or sensitive individuals. Caffeine effects the absorption of THC and makes it more likely to cause psychosis from the increased stimulation and transportation to the brain.

--------------------
If you do not know where the mushroom products you are consuming are grown, think twice before eating them. :badshroom:
- Paul Stamets

AMU Teks :mushroom2: Stro's Write Ups

OfflinePerceptive
Stranger

Re: HPPD, am I fucked? [Re: Toadstool5]
    #21879307 - 06/30/15 05:46 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

thanks. hopefully not insane lol. my mom and her sister have bipolar. D:

yeah I got Depersonalization once off of a huge bong rip of i guess "pure" sativa, low tolerance. i was psychotic i guess haha. well paranoia(schizophreniz) :p. plus im sensitive.

Yeah i think im quitting drugs for at least a few months. or i might do shrooms idk.

My mental health has been drastically improving :smile:

I just dont wanna have my life negatively affected by visuals.

InvisibleToadstool5
A Registered Mycophile
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Golden State
Re: HPPD, am I fucked? [Re: Perceptive]
    #21879373 - 06/30/15 06:02 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I just dont wanna have my life negatively affected by visuals.

Unfortunately you sometimes dont like what you see when you open Pandora's box.

Visuals commonly cause issues whether it be a "bad trip" or lingering HPPD. Psychedelics are a double-edged blade.

Even if you are insane, it has its quirks. I forgot who said it but there is no great genius without a mixture of madness. :crazy2:

--------------------
If you do not know where the mushroom products you are consuming are grown, think twice before eating them. :badshroom:
- Paul Stamets

AMU Teks :mushroom2: Stro's Write Ups

OfflineTrippieHunter
Swagger of a cripple

Re: HPPD, am I fucked? [Re: Perceptive]
    #21881458 - 07/01/15 02:44 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Perceptive said:
yeah I got Depersonalization once off of a huge bong rip of i guess "pure"

What does this even mean, you got it once? It's not a cold bro. Try living with it everyday of your life. For me though MaryJ works wonder. Sativa strains do

tend to cause some anxiety though as it is more a a head high. If you get anxiety from smoking pot try sticking with indica strains or don't smoke.

--------------------

OfflinePerceptive
Stranger

#21882280 - 07/01/15 10:12 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I had DP disorder for 8 months straight.

Meditation and yoga helped me snap out of it.

I think im like 95% cured of it. It used to be real intense. (haha that was a joke, "real intense", maybe u dont get it)

yeah weed causes dissociation

weed helped me get over it though in some regards. processing deep thoughts

I advise u read this link http://www.psychforums.com/depersonalization/topic80021.html

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom