Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon HPS, Ranch Dressing

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePotato69
Stranger
Request for ID
    #21864386 - 06/27/15 03:33 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I found these guys and after hours of research I thought they might be Panaeolus cyanensis or tropicalis or something of the sort, any advice/Id is greatly helpful
, thanks in advance!

Habitat:
Grew out of horse dung I use as my substrate for all my plants, I gather it at a horse ranch in south Dan Diego close to mexico border

Gills:
When young gills almost white to grayish, as it aged turned more black/brown-purple, very dark. No veil or ring

Stem: 10cm long fresh, 5-6mm diameter, beige, smooth firm .. Possibly Leathery?, mostly solid, only even I cut close to the point where the cap connects it seemed like a tiny bit hollow

Cap: one was 4cm fresh and the other 4.5
In Diameter, very beige whiteish when young started turning well more staining/bruising a black blue hue, also firm smooth quite shiny, spherical , didn't invert itself but I picked it after 5 days of it being above ground

Spore print color:
Jet black should be very clear in picture from overlapping mushrooms

Bruising:
Black possibly blue hued ... Too dark to really tell

Other information:
Smell is not very strong or pungent, they grew in my grow room under heavy foliage so vastly any light from a 1000 watt hps at constant 24 degrees C and 91% humidity avg in the day quite cool at night and around 85% humidity the substrate in the pots is all very aged horse manure

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRafiikii
 User Gallery

Re: Request for ID [Re: Potato69]
    #21864405 - 06/27/15 03:41 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

i haven't been around MH&I much in the past year, so my ID's may be a bit a rusty.

but im going to say that your mushrooms are panaelous antillarum

--------------------
"You didn’t come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are no stranger here."

Invisibledoctorghosty
is the name of me
Male User Gallery

Loc: North GA, God's fav
Trusted Identifier
Re: Request for ID [Re: Potato69]
    #21864410 - 06/27/15 03:41 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Repost?

Panaeolus antillarum

If they were cyanescens or a similar copelandia species the bluing would be impossible to miss

InvisibleRafiikii
 User Gallery

Re: Request for ID [Re: doctorghosty]
    #21864435 - 06/27/15 03:48 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

:woot:

--------------------
"You didn’t come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are no stranger here."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon HPS, Ranch Dressing

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification