Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleLordSenate
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Loc: First Circle of Hell
Mass Effect 1 + 2 on steam?
    #21854008 - 06/25/15 07:31 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I see the digital deluxe but it doesnt look like it has any of the DLC's or anything? I'm trying to find a way to play without using consoles and without using Origin. I've downloaded the games but would rather pay for ease of use. That and the Dragon Age games Origins/Awakening and Dragon Age 2 are a mutha fucka when installing from torrents. I gave up on those and am just going to buy them too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCj-B
All the same...I saw it first.
Male

Loc: The Library of Babel
Re: Mass Effect 1 + 2 on steam? [Re: LordSenate]
    #21854330 - 06/25/15 09:34 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Don't even bother with buying the Mass Effect games. Normally I'd recommend buying them, but the DLC for Mass Effect 2 and 3 are incredibly important to the story (ME1's not so much) and are only available for purchase using bioware points...and bioware points have NEVER gone on sale so actually getting all the DLC adds like another $70 to the cost. Plus I'm fairly certain that Mass Effect 3 isn't even on steam and can only be played through Origin if you're not pirating.

Would recommend purchasing DA: O for ease of modding though, tis a fantastic game and mods only make it better. Surprisingly easy to mod too since the vast majority of the mod files for it are less than 1 MB in size. If you wind up buying it, heres my own mod order (everything below The Wicked Oath on the left side are mods, everything above is the DLC that comes with the Ultimate Edition (which you should be getting instead of just the base version)) Improved Atmosphere and NBAIO were the only ones that seriously effected graphics if thats a concern and Skip the Fade should ONLY be used on 2nd playthroughs.

Edited by Cj-B (06/25/15 09:43 AM)

InvisibleLordSenate
One of the Lost
Male User Gallery

Loc: First Circle of Hell
Re: Mass Effect 1 + 2 on steam? [Re: Cj-B]
    #21854593 - 06/25/15 10:52 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Wheres the best place to grab Origins? I have Dragon age origins and 2 on Origin but I dont have any of the dlcs since I got them free. I guess pirates Mass Effect is the way to go, sucks though. Wish these companies would stop being douches with such heavy drm. I tolerate steam solely because the instant messaging and community

OfflineCj-B
All the same...I saw it first.
Male

Loc: The Library of Babel
Re: Mass Effect 1 + 2 on steam? [Re: LordSenate]
    #21854649 - 06/25/15 11:07 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I personally just went through Origin, since I'm fairly sure the steam version just opens up Origin anyway to play any of them. I honestly didn't even mind all that much, Origin is way less annoying than it used to be and the games I play on it aren't the type I really wanna chat with people while playing. Far prefer to be completely immersed in games like DA or ME. I can't speak for the quality of DA2's DLC but for Origins the DLC add a decent amount of content so you might find it worth it to keep your eyes out for a DA:O Ultimate Edition sale (which happen pretty frequently these days)

Yeah, the Mass Effect DLC thing really pissed me off because I didn't realize that the 'Mass Effect complete edition' with all three of them DIDN'T FUCKING HAVE THE DLC til after I bought it...and I wasn't about to pay the price of a new, full game for DLC. So fuck em, I just uninstalled my legit copies and pirated them all.

--------------------
Steam - Sufficient Dakka - http://steamcommunity.com/id/boidsandtoitles

3DS Friend Code  1994-0764-2796

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Anno, Thor, Link, Seuss, Shroomism, CookieCrumbs
351 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.