Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinefourHoDmt
overclock yourbrain

my first casing paranoia
    #2184829 - 12/17/03 10:14 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

some questions that i haven't seen answered in an faq to my knowledge and you'll have to pardon me if they are because the search function is currently disabled. i've cased rye berries with vermiculite in plastic glad bakeware trays, which are in a terrarium that i am doing the mist/fan thing on.

1) does the terrarium need to be airtight?
2) a friend of mine just told me that i should not be moving the casings, which is funny because i was keeping them in a tight space in my closet and was having to remove them from the closet whenever i wanted to mist/fan and then put them back in the closet when i finish. is it ok to move them or does this cause problems?
3) i've had fruits going for 3 or 4 days now and i've noticed that 2 or 3 of the largest ones have a brown racing stripe or two lengthwise on the stem, which i've never seen when looking at pictures in grow logs on here. additionally, one of the mushies looks like the cap (or soon-to-be cap) was glued on at a 90 degree angle or something, it's weird. i'm trying to get hold of a digital camera to take some pictures but until then any ideas? mummy disease?

thanks a lot for any answers/advice.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
Re: my first casing paranoia [Re: fourHoDmt]
    #2184842 - 12/17/03 10:20 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

1. no
2. you prolly shouldnt move them too much, but like anyone that is excited you want to touch and look and examine, if you already have fruits dont worry too much, i pick mine up to get a closer look all the time.
3. the stripes are always there in my case, it is due to high humidty, nothing at all for you to worry about.

good job

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #2185071 - 12/17/03 12:33 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

1. No, and it should never be
2. Physcal movement will not do anything to them, but the constant exposure to an unclean enviroment could introduce contams. Don't mess with them much, and work as cleanly and quickly as possible.Be patient.
3. Brown stripe, is high humidity, turn the rh down as the casing begin to fruit. funky caps happen

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlinehaz
mycofunkatologist
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: my first casing paranoia [Re: soochi]
    #2185078 - 12/17/03 12:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I like to take my jars outside for walks... just you know, to get some fresh air and shit... get em out of the house. Sometimes i pick up my box of kerr jars and dance around the house naked wiht them. THey like that a lot, and i think the nudity scares any contams away.

OfflinefourHoDmt
overclock yourbrain

Re: my first casing paranoia [Re: soochi]
    #2185540 - 12/17/03 04:48 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

what about black speckles on the mushroom pin heads? most of them have white specs on the heads that look like pieces of mycelium stuck to the mushrooms, and the heads have turned a dark brown/black color around these white specs.

OfflineInnernaut
MycologicalNetworkTechnician

#2188987 - 12/19/03 12:05 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

You said that you take the casings out of the terrarium to fan them? Don't fan the casing itself... fan the stale sair out of the terrarium to replace it with fresh. This could be th cause of the abhorts... just an idea...

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation