Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletheseeker
addict
 User Gallery
anyone tried Coir bales?
    #2183290 - 12/16/03 04:51 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I'm looking for a cheap source of coir, bales appear to be cheaper in terms of expanded volume than a case of bricks.

Bale: http://tinyurl.com/zk29
2.5 cu ft total expanded volume
$2.40/cu ft

Case of bricks: http://tinyurl.com/zk2s
6 cu ft total expanded volume
$6.70/cu ft

Any experience in this, or a recommended source?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: anyone tried Coir bales? [Re: theseeker]
    #2183526 - 12/16/03 06:11 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i get the bales from my petstore. they do have a lot more that the bricks. i have a lot of animals, so it is more cost effective for me to spend 6 bucks on a bale than it is for me to spend 4 bucks on a brick. it is the same thing, only in a different package. i dont know any sources other than my pet shop though.

Anonymous

Re: anyone tried Coir bales? [Re: four20snakeman]
    #2184017 - 12/16/03 09:19 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

hmm I'm gonna have to do some searching for that!

Invisibletheseeker
addict
 User Gallery
    #2184431 - 12/17/03 01:16 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

four20snakeman, thanks for the reply, i'd much rather get it locally than pay for shipping. what section in the pet store? I hate wandering around places looking for something and having no explanation for their small talk. :smile:

Anonymous

#2184440 - 12/17/03 01:23 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

some pet stores will have to special order them. If they have it, it will be in reptile bedding/any animal bedding. you know, the stuff that goes in the bottom of animal cages. if they ask, which is highly unlikely, tell them to mind thier own businees or tell them you have a corn snake. they need alot of burrowing room.

Invisibletheseeker
addict
 User Gallery
    #2184484 - 12/17/03 01:45 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Around here they try to make small talk at the register all the time. I bought a bag of cracked corn and the girl was like "what're you going to feed this to?"  I smiled, thinking what her reaction would be if I had replied "fungus".  I just said squirrels.  In the middle of winter.  :smile:

Anonymous

#2184825 - 12/17/03 08:12 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

haha I HATE nosey ppl......and they always seem to the ones at pet stores.....I remember asking for chopped straw and getting drilled on what it was for.....I said a rabbit then there was all these follow up questions FUCK!

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: anyone tried Coir bales? [Re: ]
    #2185295 - 12/17/03 12:56 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

haha I HATE nosey ppl......and they always seem to the ones at pet stores.....I remember asking for chopped straw and getting drilled on what it was for.....I said a rabbit then there was all these follow up questions FUCK!

Tell them you're using it as a specific substarate for indole producing cellulose degrading saprophytes. I kind of doubt they'll ask you anything else, unless it's "what the fuck?"

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
Re: anyone tried Coir bales? [Re: micro]
    #2185302 - 12/17/03 01:01 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

micro said:
Quote:

Tell them you're using it as a specific substarate for indole producing cellulose degrading saprophytes. I kind of doubt they'll ask you anything else, unless it's "what the fuck?"

--
Micro

Whenever anyone asks me something like that, I tell them I am growing crack, that usually ends that line of questioning.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: anyone tried Coir bales? [Re: JetBlackNinja]
    #2185323 - 12/17/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

haha well even tho it pisses me off I don't wanna be rude....I know they are probably just trying to understand what you want better so they can give you exactly what you need but when its something like this you don't want questions.....just gimme what I want and shut up about it!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck