Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetwiddling_mind
Stranger
Can I fruit directly from WBS?
    #2183567 - 12/16/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I have two quarts of z-strain WBS, and four pints of mazaptec, all fully colonized. My problem is that I'm low on cash and don't have all the myco stuff I need for casing the way I want to (HEPA, fogger, ductwork, grow trays/bins, etc..), so is there a way I can fruit directly from the substrate? I have two large rubbermaind bins right now that are about 3'x2'x1' (one's got a few cakes but I can chronic tek them).

Could I maybe empty them out (one is terrarium, other is incubator) and fill them up with plastic trays of WBS with a little coir on top?

Hmm, my problem was space and fanning. I forgot about my incubator bin til now, and maybe I could fan and moisten the normal way for a little while.

Thanks...

-t_M

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: Can I fruit directly from WBS? [Re: twiddling_mind]
    #2183651 - 12/16/03 07:02 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

you can stick them in the rubbies as cakes and they will fruit. i doubt the wbs and coir thing will work but i could be wrong. if you try to fruit them as wbs cakes you will still need the humidity and air circulation ( fanning )  - good luck :grin:

p.s.- go buy some vermiculite at lowes ( $3-$4 ) and some peat moss ( $3- $4 ) and case them and just make sure the humidity is high and that they get air circulation and they will be fine

Offlinediacamomo
Children of theVortex

Loc: Inside My Mind
Re: Can I fruit directly from WBS? [Re: DSD]
    #2183666 - 12/16/03 07:08 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

don't waste ur grain...
case and bulks it's the way to go for grains....

--------------------

Offlinetwiddling_mind
Stranger
Re: Can I fruit directly from WBS? [Re: diacamomo]
    #2183672 - 12/16/03 07:10 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah but i don't have the $$$ to do that now. in the future i'm sure to try bulks, but not now. :laugh:

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Can I fruit directly from WBS? [Re: DSD]
    #2184149 - 12/16/03 10:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DSD said:

you can stick them in the rubbies as cakes and they will fruit. i doubt the wbs and coir thing will work but i could be wrong. if you try to fruit them as wbs cakes you will still need the humidity and air circulation ( fanning )  - good luck :grin:

p.s.- go buy some vermiculite at lowes ( $3-$4 ) and some peat moss ( $3- $4 ) and case them and just make sure the humidity is high and that they get air circulation and they will be fine

straight coir is a better casing media than peatmoss and verm could ever hope to be.
so go ahead and just case with the straight coir.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Invisibleplura16
ROM3/10 SOLID

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: Can I fruit directly from WBS? [Re: twiddling_mind]
    #2184629 - 12/17/03 03:23 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You can fruit the grain - but as some have said, it may be a slight waste of grains.

WBS cake that performed similar to BRF... after it flushed, it was than busted up and used as spawn.

peace

--------------------

- USA -

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix