Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineXenon88
Yage
Male

Growing Mckennaii, need some infos please
    #21844780 - 06/23/15 05:27 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Hi there, i'm growing a kit of Mckennaii, but i need some infos from you expert guys :smile:

Mckennaii are supposed to be dark brown cap color, but mine are growing with a white cap, i don't know if this is normal.. i've attached a few pics for you to understand better what i'm talking about.

What do you think guys? Is this ok? They look like albine's to me.

Edited by Xenon88 (06/23/15 05:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWeiliithinker
Enlightenment Seeker

Re: Growing Mckennaii, need some infos please [Re: Xenon88]
    #21844823 - 06/23/15 05:56 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

The color looks just fine (:
Don't focus too much on the" mckennai" look, it's just a type of cubensis
And those are definitely cubes
They aren't albino, cubes have a whitish stalk and a golden to Brown cap
Also, the caps change colors throughout the growth cycle so you'll see some that look like the pictures in a few days

Good luck on your grow
Try taking some spore prints or a tissue sampler when they're done so that you can try using the PF tek or monotub tek next time instead of using the small kit
But either way, stay safe :laugh:

OfflineAdept
In practice...
Re: Growing Mckennaii, need some infos please [Re: Weiliithinker]
    #21844913 - 06/23/15 06:44 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Looks like they need more fresh air to me...

--------------------

Mazu said, "From birth till death, it's just this."

OfflineXenon88
Yage
Male

Re: Growing Mckennaii, need some infos please [Re: Adept]
    #21845051 - 06/23/15 07:51 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks a lot for the replies :smile:

So it's all ok :smile:
I'll post new pics tomorrow!

I already though of taking some spore prints :smile: This is the first time i grow mushrooms, but it seems it's not that big deal :smile:

ps: Is it ok to open the bag one time a day for about 20-30 seconds to change the air inside? Or i need to do it more often?

Edited by Xenon88 (06/23/15 07:54 AM)

OfflineCoincidentiaoppositorum
deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery

Re: Growing Mckennaii, need some infos please [Re: Xenon88]
    #21845130 - 06/23/15 08:25 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I didn't know that mckenna had a stropharia cubensis phenotype! That's fucking awesome!

Where can you get these mckenna-cubensis spores?

I have mckennas phenotype of banisteriopsis caapi

And I love it, it has to be formitive causation, where Mr.mckennas morphogenetic field permantly alters the experiance involved with the plants that bare his name. (Though this is a sheldrake explaination, i think mckenna would have supported it, I'm not sure how seriously I take it, but I love the concepts)

I'm very interested in this mckenna stropharia cubensis phenotype...

-E. Borodin

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing Mckennaii, need some infos please [Re: Coincidentiaoppositorum]
    #21846093 - 06/23/15 01:36 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Coincidentiaoppositorum said:
I didn't know that mckenna had a stropharia cubensis phenotype!

He doesn't. It's just a standard Cubensis. Somebody slapped a name on it so they could mark it up like crazy.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery

Re: Growing Mckennaii, need some infos please [Re: 36fuckin5]
    #21849092 - 06/24/15 06:17 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

36fuckin5 said:
Quote:

I didn't know that mckenna had a stropharia cubensis phenotype!

He doesn't. It's just a standard Cubensis. Somebody slapped a name on it so they could mark it up like crazy.

Bummer....

In the case of the mckenna-caapi (which is the same price as the other caapi phenotypes), it was suposed to be a clone of the vine mckenna first brought to botanical dimentions greenhouse, regardless, its a great phenotype I have also heard it called "banisteriopsis colorada" which is not scientific nomenclature, but gets attatched to this phenotype. Its "red" caapi, and from my source its consistant. I prefer mckenna-red-caapi to other phenotypes, but this preference may be psychosomatic.

I was hoping that mckenna had devoloped some phenotype of the fungi....Damn.

I guess all stropharia cubensis could be considered "mckenna mushrooms" as mckenna focused almost exclusively on this strain.....Maria Sabina would call cubensis "San isidro" and thought of them as inferior (though they really are not)....so maybe psilocybe mexicana could be the Sabina mushroom in this sense....

Still disappointed though....

-E. Borodin

Offlinerajajuju
Shén Xiān
Male

#21849362 - 06/24/15 08:27 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

And I love it, it has to be formitive causation, where Mr.mckennas morphogenetic field permantly alters the experiance involved with the plants that bare his name. (Though this is a sheldrake explaination, i think mckenna would have supported it, I'm not sure how seriously I take it, but I love the concepts)

-E. Borodin

:goodluckwiththat2:

--------------------

deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery

Re: Growing Mckennaii, need some infos please [Re: rajajuju]
    #21849433 - 06/24/15 08:46 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rajajuju said:
Quote:

-E. Borodin

:goodluckwiththat2:

You do know Rupert sheldrakes theory of formitive causation and morphogenesis right?
Like I said, I'm not sure how seriously anyone should take this stuff, but I truley enjoy these concepts, the strange thing is, is that you can observe the effects of formitive causation and morphogenetic fields in every day life.

So many people are genuinely ignorant regarding most the concepts that I reference, its interesting to see how people react to things they know nothing about, their basic assumptions about the things you are saying are always so far from the actual topic that i wonder how they generate their reactions....you always get the strangest responses from people who think they know what your talking about, because the response is based on their assumptions about what your saying, and not based upon anything else.

-E. Borodin

Offlinerajajuju
Shén Xiān
Male

#21874338 - 06/29/15 04:43 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Im pretty familiar with Sheldrake, the theories on morphogenesis as well as his experiments on synchronicity and so forth

Im pretty familiar with a lot of things... relatively speaking...

So many people have no sense of humor, its interesting to see them flop around like dead weight

--------------------

Offlinenewrook
Sucks at bulk
Male User Gallery

Re: Growing Mckennaii, need some infos please [Re: rajajuju]
    #21874781 - 06/29/15 06:15 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

rajajuju said:
flop around like dead weight

:facepalm3:

--------------------

THROW AWAY YOUR SGFC

deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery

Re: Growing Mckennaii, need some infos please [Re: newrook]
    #21876666 - 06/30/15 05:48 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Heraclitus said (refering to historical process) "we never step in the same river twice"
Terrence mckenna said in response to the statement made by heroclitus "if your paying attention we never step in the same river once."

-E. Borodin

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Trusted Cultivator
    #21878073 - 06/30/15 01:12 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Jesus Christ, I don't think you could get any more pretentious. Smoke a fucking joint and chill out.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

OfflineAero
Orea

#21878086 - 06/30/15 01:17 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

any update? those look like AA+ btw

--------------------
SPREAD THE SPORES

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing Mckennaii, need some infos please [Re: Aero]
    #21879317 - 06/30/15 05:48 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Aero said:
those look like AA+ btw

and that is available in grow kits too, so could be a mix up of labels.

I first saw McKennaii in amsterdam, it was sold at a higher price than other cubes and was said to be more potent. There were no spores of it being sold that I saw. Some even tried to say it was a new species altogether, psilocybe mckennaii

OfflineLucky
dabbler

#21879755 - 06/30/15 07:29 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

36fuckin5 said:
Jesus Christ, I don't think you could get any more pretentious. Smoke a fucking joint and chill out.

:awelol:

I assumed Borodin was hamming it up for the lols...
Anyways, I laughed :p

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing Mckennaii, need some infos please [Re: Aero]
    #21879841 - 06/30/15 07:46 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Those really do look like albinos to me, the blueish caps especially. Post a pic when the caps open up.

I started wondering about Mekenna after I read True Hallucinations :lol:

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery

#21881694 - 07/01/15 05:33 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

36fuckin5 said:
Jesus Christ, I don't think you could get any more pretentious. Smoke a fucking joint and chill out.[/quote/]

You didn't think that was funny?

-E. Borodin

deep psychedelic
Male User Gallery

#21881701 - 07/01/15 05:39 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

...and I'm the one without a sense of humor....

So whats the deal with these mckenaii? This is not a scientific phenotype is what I was told, I was told it was mushroom/spore producers using mckennas name to make a few extra dollars....

Have you actually tried this phenotype yet? Is it any different than any other stropharia cubensis strains?

If I was thinking of making a spore purchase, would you recomend these stropharia cubensis mckennaii?

-E. Borodin

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Trusted Cultivator
    #21882129 - 07/01/15 09:26 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I never said you didn't have a sense of humor, I said you're a pretentious douche.

Stropharia Cubensis doesn't exist anymore. They're Psilocybes.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:

Pat The Bunny said:

bodhisatta said:

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #21882586 - 07/01/15 11:34 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

...and I'm the one without a sense of humor....

So whats the deal with these mckenaii? This is not a scientific phenotype is what I was told, I was told it was mushroom/spore producers using mckennas name to make a few extra dollars....

Have you actually tried this phenotype yet? Is it any different than any other stropharia cubensis strains?

If I was thinking of making a spore purchase, would you recomend these stropharia cubensis mckennaii?

-E. Borodin

Yea thry changed the name to pysilocybe (sp? Jesus I read it enough I should know how to spell it haha) cubensis a while back.

All the different names of cubes.. golden teacher, b+, AA albino, treasure coast etc... they arent strains, more like varieties as  we say around here. All have the same growing parameters, all have same potential for potency, size and yield. The difference between them is mostly cosmetic.
Everytime you grow them from spores you get a whole ton of different strains going at once,  the aesthetics might be pretty predictable based on how about specific variety usually looks. EX, AA usually grow white.

You have to do strain isolation work on agar media to get a specific strain that gives consistent results, and  it would have to be grown from that culture each time. If you take a spore print and grow from that it will reset the genetics.

so so so so I might so I might grow so I might grow that McKenna strain and get one result and another person might get a totally differnt one.
So nobody can really tell you much about mekennas. Hope  this this answers this answers your question

--------------------

AMU Q&A

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing Mckennaii, need some infos please [Re: mushpunx]
    #21889165 - 07/02/15 05:32 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mushpunx said:
so I might grow that McKenna strain and get one result and another person might get a totally differnt one.

The difference is that with growkits they are presumably all made from isolated strains, I imagine they carefully selected a strain which was suited to being dehydrated and being used for kits, contam resistant etc. So if the growkit is of this type (some come with spores) then you can expect similar results.

People complain about commercial growers making up new names, like for sclerotia/stones. But 1 vendor is selling stones which do have made up names, but when you read the description it may say this is "atlantis" and so is no doubt derived from the same spores Workman originally worked with. And they legitimately are trading in strains, which people could then clone and pass on.

I have issues with them when they do not disclose the species, or even worse make up new species.

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing Mckennaii, need some infos please [Re: blackout]
    #21889819 - 07/02/15 08:11 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Yea I didnt think of that
Man its too bad its hard to get those in the states Id be snagging all those isolate!

I wasnt growing when I was in Amsterdam but man if they ever legalize the mushrooms again Im gunna mail myself clones of each of those strains man get a huge collection of slants going!

--------------------

AMU Q&A

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale