Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
effort
    #2180635 - 12/15/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It takes a lot of effort to do well in high school, college, and graduate school. It takes a lot of effort to be financially successful.

In comparison, it's really easy to "turn on, tune in, and drop out."

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: effort [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2180656 - 12/15/03 07:28 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

wurd.

also though, usually it takes a lot of effort to gain peace of mind and in this modern age it takes a lot of effort to live in harmony with the natural environment.

I reckon like you say it also takes a lot of effort to study hard and get the good grades and climb that old career ladder but knowing that all that money's gonna go towards buying yourself a faster car and fancier clothes makes that whole trip easy in its own way too.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Re: effort [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2180665 - 12/15/03 07:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not saying one choice is better than the other

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2180676 - 12/15/03 07:36 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Now, if I'm wrong, or if I sound ignorant, please feel free to correct me. I have an open mind.

But that's how it sounds to me, when people seem to criticize those who go to school and work hard, for whatever reason. It's cooler to drop out and commune with nature.

Isn't that how it is with Blacks, though? This is the part for which I am going to get jumped. I have listened to the radio talk shows that say Blacks will criticize those other Blacks who try to fit in, and do well, and be successful, for being Uncle Tom's.

Is this our own form of "Uncle Tom"-ism, is to accuse someone, who does well, of buying into society? Being a drone?

Why is it better to sit under a bridge and be high? Why is it better to be a poor Black?

Okay, kick my ass.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Re: effort [Re: Frog]
    #2180702 - 12/15/03 07:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Good point.

I'm starting to think there is nothing wrong with being successful.

(observes surroundings)

kinda wish I was successful.  :frown:

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #2180727 - 12/15/03 07:51 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

well i think there's a difference between being successful and being financially successful.
take full advantage of your education, there is inherant value in knowledge. But if you are studying hard just for the sake of making big money later on, I consider that a bit twisted .
do your career as best you can, every field has ways that it can make the world a better place.....industry, business, arts & sciences. Believe it or not there are even some people in the legal profession that are improving the world. the hardest challenge is to go out and do whatever you're good at but keep a clear head and not let the temptation of more $ get prioritized above things that really matter.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2180738 - 12/15/03 07:56 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

What constitutes success?

I worked my ass off to go through school and become an attorney. It took me 13 years total, from start at junior college through passing the bar.

Then, it took me about 2.5 years to get a practice going, and I was doing pretty well, for a new attorney.

Then I went through a divorce and lost everything.

But here's the cool part: In losing everything, I gained everything. Hmmm.

Let me put it this way: I think my consciousness was shocked into realizing that everything I thought I had was really nothing. It didn't matter. I could live without it. I could become really, really poor, and God was still taking care of me and I didn't need anything.

I still want to be a lawyer. I love it. I'm still poor, though. I'm still working at getting work. Not like I used to, because like I said, it almost doesn't matter any more. But I think I'd like to be successful, if that's what is intended for me. If somehow, in doing what I love to do, I become successful, that would be okay. At the same time, if I spend my life doing what I love to do, but always looking for a nickel, that would be okay, too. I only need what I need.

But maybe success is just being able to do what you love to do. Maybe success isn't defined by money, and toys, and nice houses, etc.

What is success?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

#2181012 - 12/15/03 09:29 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

There is a difference between finanical success and success. The prior is a poor indicator of the later. I wasn't really trying to explore those ideas with my post.

I was just reflecting that sometimes I feel there is honor in the path that I have taken and I am leading a "noble" life, while other times, I feel that I took the easy way out, dropping out of engineering school and (even though I dislike the word) kinda being a hippy. I dunno.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2181053 - 12/15/03 09:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry. I kind of veered off. I don't know what the answer is to that. I think you have to do what is right for you. I think what I am doing is right for me.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

#2181081 - 12/15/03 09:42 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm starting to think that more is lost by indecision than the wrong decision.

Ya know, make due with whatcha got.

another quote

The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance. The wise man grows it under his feet.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2182441 - 12/16/03 12:23 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

******DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE SWAMI******

Okay, I believe in signs. For me, signs come from the God, but you can call it the universe if you don't believe in God.

When it seems that signs are put in front of me as to what God wants me to do, then I head in that direction. I usually look for at least 3 signs, from 3 different sources.

Once I see enough signs, I start doing things to head in that direction. If the signs were real, and if it's what I'm supposed to be doing, it all comes together and works out pretty easily. All I have to do is the footwork.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2182795 - 12/16/03 02:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
          ******DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE SWAMI******

I went ahead and read it anyways.  :smirk:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: effort [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2182837 - 12/16/03 02:50 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Effort. "The use of physical or mental energy to do something".

Basically, effort is whatever you focus on. If you think a thought, you are using effort. Every second one uses effort. :grin:

Of course. Like, in every second, there is only so much effort you can put towards something. Its basically effort/time, or something.

Just taking the time to consider what you want to put effort towards doing not only takes effort, but it consumes time. We only have so much time here. We all spend every minute putting effort towards doing something.

I mean, the more effort and time you put into forming thoughts and ideas and expressing them the best way possible is the less time and effort you can put towards something else. But there is clearly an advantage to doing so, and a disadvantage (it taking more time away from something else).

I don't know what I am trying to say, exactly. I guess people just need to be aware of their situation, what it is that they want to run towards, and the best way to juggle effort expended in different directions agansit time.... *shrugs*
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order