Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Coir

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemore4u2c
Mad Hatter

I messed up my bulk GE with bad advice can I still salvage these trays?
    #21826366 - 06/19/15 02:45 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

So I was told by someone that if during bulk incubation to keep it totally sealed off no air in or out that it will make the myc grow super fast so I tried that out and now have a strong fermentation smell coming from the trays FML so I just added aa tevk patch to each tray will this survive and recouped should I add more then one tevk patch to get more GE going or am I pretty much up shit creek without a paddle?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMidwestShroomin
SlackJawwed NeckBeard
 User Gallery

Loc: Orion's Belt
Re: I messed up my bulk GE with bad advice can I still salvage these trays? [Re: more4u2c]
    #21826642 - 06/19/15 05:16 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

You keep it sealed off just poke a couple holes I'm the alumina foil for gas exchange.

If it's contaminated I'd toss it

--------------------
"A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."

-Lao Tzu

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I messed up my bulk GE with bad advice can I still salvage these trays? [Re: MidwestShroomin]
    #21826654 - 06/19/15 05:32 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Fix the air problem and it might recover if that's all that was wrong, despite the smell.

--------------------

OfflineMachiavelliavore
Vermiculite Hater
 User Gallery

Loc: The Sporetorn States
Re: I messed up my bulk GE with bad advice can I still salvage these trays? [Re: MidwestShroomin]
    #21826657 - 06/19/15 05:38 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I've had plenty of stuff colonize without any real vehicle for GE.  Sounds like you have a bacterial contam, which either came from your spawn or your bulk.  All my coir began to smell sweetish when left sitting for around a week, so I plan to refrigerate it if I need to leave it sitting from now on.  Regardless of where it came from, you can probably still salvage some fruits from it.  Just keep an eye for trich spots, as bacterialy contaminated areas seen prone to sprouting it.

I've had rinced and microwave pasteurized coir that smelled turn out fine.

--------------------

I spawned some popcorn casings and had double-overlay cause I didn't put enough hydrogen peroxide in my automated aquarium mister.  I only got one mushroom so I cut off the head part where the seeds fall from and put it in a jar of LC and sprayed it all over a tin of PF cakes I made with gravel, cardboard, and bisquick in my microwave.  I think it will be good cause B+ is so potent.
Triggered yet?

Only a square would say "a cube is a cube."

No, this does not look right...

Edited by Machiavelliavore (06/19/15 06:04 AM)

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I messed up my bulk GE with bad advice can I still salvage these trays? [Re: Machiavelliavore]
    #21826672 - 06/19/15 05:55 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Fermentation odors are caused by anaerobic organisms so most likely it's directly related to the GE problem. You change the conditions and those organisms can't thrive and I've seen several cases where the odor disappears and the substrate recovers fully within a couple days of fixing the problem.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Coir

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation