Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Strom Thurmond is a daddy [Re: EchoVortex]
    #2182207 - 12/16/03 12:46 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I;m simply stating that you don't know Strom THurmond, or his intentions, or internal thoughts. I'm not saying that he was or wasn't a racist.

What exactly are you unclear on.

--------------------
(•_•)
<) )~  ANTIFA
/ \
\(•_•)
( (>    SUPER
/ \
(•_•)
<) )>    SOLDIERS
  / \

Don't vibe my harsh, bro.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Strom Thurmond is a daddy [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2182226 - 12/16/03 12:58 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Different times have different standards for what is considered "racist."

And Strom Thurmond fit the mold for a racist even then.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
Re: Strom Thurmond is a daddy [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2182227 - 12/16/03 12:58 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
I;m simply stating that you don't know Strom THurmond, or his intentions, or internal thoughts. I'm not saying that he was or wasn't a racist.

What exactly are you unclear on.

I think you're confusing racism with "actively wishing harm to people of other races."

It may very well be that Thurmond wished black people to enjoy happy, contented lives, singing their spirituals or doing whatever it is that they do. It's clear from the remaining evidence, however, that Thurmond did believe that race was a determinant of character, that race was something "pure" (something long disproven by archeology and now further disproven by genomic research), that the "integrity" of the races (which never existed in the first place) should be maintained, that races shouldn't mix, that shopowners have the the right to refuse customers solely on the basis of race, etc. All of this makes him, in accordance with several definitions of the word, a racist.

It's true that whether or not he actively wished pain and suffering on black people is something that we cannot know. I never made any claims on that matter.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Strom Thurmond is a daddy [Re: Learyfan]
    #2182236 - 12/16/03 01:03 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Long lost Thurmond quote:

"And I want to tell you, ladies and gentlemen, that there’s not
enough troops in the Army to force the Southern people to break down
segregation and admit the nigger race into our theatres, into our
swimming pools, into our homes and into our churches. But, I will
make an exception and allow them into my bed.”

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
Re: Strom Thurmond is a daddy [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #2182240 - 12/16/03 01:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous

Re: Strom Thurmond is a daddy [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #2182252 - 12/16/03 01:10 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Dis here thread has Bubbles all in a tizzy.

And if'n it don't stop I be in a hissy!

We oughts to bring Saddam overs thisaway and Johnny Cochran can be his defense.

"If the beret don't fit, you must acquit!"

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
Re: Strom Thurmond is a daddy [Re: ]
    #2182291 - 12/16/03 01:32 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Racial/ethnic impersonations aren't really funny, kemosabe.

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2182305 - 12/16/03 01:36 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Whoa, that was a spicy meatball.

--------------------
(•_•)
<) )~  ANTIFA
/ \
\(•_•)
( (>    SUPER
/ \
(•_•)
<) )>    SOLDIERS
  / \

Don't vibe my harsh, bro.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #2182337 - 12/16/03 01:45 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

it's still considered funny in the Red Zone.

Anonymous

#2182387 - 12/16/03 02:02 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I didn't realize how sensitive you are.

Actually humor "de gustibus non disputantum est".

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Strom Thurmond is a daddy [Re: ]
    #2182668 - 12/16/03 03:38 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

How beautiful is it that in 2003, Rush Limbaugh turned out to be a drug addict and Strom Thurmond turned out to be a race mixer.

It's irony on the base level, I know. But it's worth a hoot.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Wendell Austin and The Country Swings- LSD

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2183221 - 12/16/03 06:24 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EchoVortex said:
Racial/ethnic impersonations aren't really funny, kemosabe.

Actually, they are.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
    #2183625 - 12/16/03 08:50 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EchoVortex said:
The only way that would be better for blacks as well as whites is if one assumes that blacks and whites intrinsically cannot coexist. For that to be the case the differences between them would have to be so great as to be unbridgeable--i.e., impervious to the effects of a shared language, education, etc. In other words: intrinsic to their race and nothing else. That assumption is itself racist.

BTW, if you want to know how good segregation is for blacks, ask those who lived through it in South Africa.

Where shall I begin? I'll work my way backwards..

South Africa was not "segregated", they had a system of apartheid in which negros could work in the civilization that the Whites, as usual created. A "segregated" land would be one that was entirely of one nation, such as Europe was years ago. Now that the negros are free, and the civilization that the whites had built is being handed over to them (Gosh, doesn't this sound just a bit familiar?) and the crime rate has exploded. White farmers and their families are being raped and murdered (gosh, doesn't this sound just a bit familiar?). It would seem that your own example is a fine one of why races as different as European/Anglo and Negro should NOT be mixed, hm?

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: Strom Thurmond is a daddy [Re: Learyfan]
    #2183825 - 12/16/03 10:20 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=st...rmond_paternity
Quote:

Thurmond's Son to Meet Mixed-Race Sibling
COLUMBIA, S.C. - The woman born out of wedlock to the late Sen. Strom Thurmond and a black maid nearly eight decades ago said Tuesday she kept silent about her roots until now because she cared for her segregationist father and didn't want to hurt his career.

In an interview to be aired on "60 Minutes II" on Wednesday, Essie Mae Washington-Williams said she liked her father even if they saw each other only about once a year.

"But I knew that he cared about me. He was very good to me. I would not have done anything to hurt him," she said.

Williams, a 78-year-old retiree living in Los Angeles, has said Thurmond fathered her when he was 22 and living in his parents' home. Her mother, Carrie Butler, 16 at the time, worked as a maid in the Thurmond home.

If Williams had come forward earlier, she believes it could have destroyed Thurmond's career. In seven decades of politics, the former senator gained fame and infamy as an arch-segregationist but later came to support a holiday for slain civil rights leader Martin (news - web sites) Luther King.

"I think it might have hurt him and I think that would totally have changed the history," she said.

Williams said she didn't talk politics much with her father, but when she was in college she did ask him why he was a segregationist.

"'Well, that's the way things always have been,'" Williams recalled Thurmond as saying.

"And I said, 'But you know, you're in a position maybe you could do something,'" Williams said. "And he said he was doing as much as he could at that time."

Williams rejected criticism that if she had spoken out sooner, it might have helped hasten civil rights legislation. "I wanted to do what I wanted to do when I was ready," she said.

Thurmond's family on Monday acknowledged Williams' claim, and the former senator's oldest son, U.S. Attorney Strom Thurmond Jr., said he would like to meet his half-sister and get to know her.

Williams said she appreciated the family (news - web sites)'s kindness and that no one ever demanded she stay silent.

"It wasn't to my advantage to talk about anything that he had done. We didn't have any agreement about not talking about it, we just didn't talk about it ? either one of us," she said.

The former senator apparently never disputed Williams was his daughter, first meeting her in his Edgefield office when she was 16.

"'Well, you look like one of my sisters,'" Williams recalled Thurmond saying. "'You've got those cheekbones like our family.'"

"So that was like almost an admission," Williams said.

After Thurmond died in June at 100, Williams said she began to think about ending "all the speculation and questions" about the long-rumored relationship.

"I think this is a part of history," she said. "And I wanted ... my children to be informed of their background and relationships as far as blacks and whites are concerned."

The revelation rewrites Thurmond's biography, making him a father 40 years before his second wife, Nancy, gave birth to Strom Jr. And the grandchild born when Thurmond was 100 probably was his fifth, not his first.

Thurmond gave Williams money and encouraged her to attend then all-black South Carolina State College, where he visited her once while he served as governor. She later visited him in his Washington office.

When Williams married, the financial help stopped. But when her husband died at age 45, the cash flow returned.

Williams has said she received payments at least once a year arranged by Thurmond's Senate staff.

The total over the years was "very substantial" but less than $1 million, said Frank K. Wheaton, Williams' attorney in California.

Williams scheduled a news conference Wednesday in Columbia.

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
Re: Strom Thurmond is a daddy [Re: enimatpyrt]
    #2184379 - 12/17/03 02:46 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Uh, dude, apartheid IS segregation.
And Strom Thurmond died nearly six months ago, which was written plainly in the article that started this thread.
And yes, the "negroes" as you call them were "allowed" to work for their white overlords, at ridiculously low wages, both in apartheid and in segregation in the South.
And yes, crime has exploded in South Africa, but that's not surprising given that the country was run like a prison camp before apartheid was lifted. Why not try looking at history before ascribing everything to race. And maybe also take a look at all of the blacks who were raped, lynched, murdered in the South by whites, and are still being so today.

By the way, do you happen to know the name of the guy who fired that rifle into the air at the KKK rally only to have the bullet fall back to earth and enter the skull of one of the rally members? That one was fucking hilarious.

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

Loc: Hale-Bopp
    #2184626 - 12/17/03 05:23 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I remember laughing my ass off when I heard about it.

Too bad he didn't fire a VX-gas round from a mortar.

--------------------
He was a cowboy in one of the seven days a week fights. No business, no hangout; no friends, nothing; just what you pick up and what you need.

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
    #2185470 - 12/17/03 04:10 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EchoVortex said:
Uh, dude, apartheid IS segregation.
And Strom Thurmond died nearly six months ago, which was written plainly in the article that started this thread.
And yes, the "negroes" as you call them were "allowed" to work for their white overlords, at ridiculously low wages, both in apartheid and in segregation in the South.
And yes, crime has exploded in South Africa, but that's not surprising given that the country was run like a prison camp before apartheid was lifted. Why not try looking at history before ascribing everything to race. And maybe also take a look at all of the blacks who were raped, lynched, murdered in the South by whites, and are still being so today.

By the way, do you happen to know the name of the guy who fired that rifle into the air at the KKK rally only to have the bullet fall back to earth and enter the skull of one of the rally members? That one was fucking hilarious.

I see, so, in your attempt to prove that integration works, you list two examples of where whites and black did not get along at all. I fail to see how this proves your point.

Don't know the name, I read that it was a 9mm pistol. Supposedly they tied a recruit to a tree and shot him with paintballs as they shot the pistol, to scare him some. Sounds like some wonderful fun, I'm sure incest and farmsex ensued afterwards.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom