Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshobbylyfe696
doe doe bird
Female User Gallery

Loc: venus
what do I say to a vendor when givin a contamanated syringe?
    #21819145 - 06/17/15 01:42 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

so i was givin a contamanated pan cyan jamaica syringe and i contacted the vendor which i will not say cause it would be wrong but any way i contacted them and told them that the syringe was contamanated and i was seeking a replacement or refund and they replied with we sell our spores for mircroscopy purposes only and if you were usisng it for those purposes it would not matter if it was sterile or not please do not contact us again. This vendor is also on the shroomey trusted vendor list so i thought i would have no issue on getting a replacement/refund so again i ask when this happens and i get a bunk syringe what do i say to said vendors?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRyeJar
StrangerDanger

Re: what do I say to a vendor when givin a contamanated syringe? [Re: shobbylyfe696]
    #21819154 - 06/17/15 01:45 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Are you a novice?  Most of the time when new growers thing the syringe was dirty it was their technique.  What makes you think it was the syringe and not you?

OfflineMatt87
Male User Gallery
Loc: Tennessee
Re: what do I say to a vendor when givin a contamanated syringe? [Re: RyeJar]
    #21819168 - 06/17/15 01:50 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Mabey they prefer code talk.

Can I get more of those t shirts? No seeds! Last weeks shirts were full of seeds!

Like that. But for shrooms.

--------------------

Once you understand the way broadly, you see it in all things. -Musashi

Offlineshobbylyfe696
doe doe bird
Female User Gallery

Re: what do I say to a vendor when givin a contamanated syringe? [Re: Matt87]
    #21819185 - 06/17/15 01:53 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Matt87 said:
Mabey they prefer code talk.

Can I get more of those t shirts? No seeds! Last weeks shirts were full of seeds!

Like that. But for shrooms.

lol

Offlineshobbylyfe696
doe doe bird
Female User Gallery

#21819188 - 06/17/15 01:54 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

RyeJar said:
Are you a novice?  Most of the time when new growers thing the syringe was dirty it was their technique.  What makes you think it was the syringe and not you?

ok first of all ive had many grows and have only had one contam so far ever that was berfore my third flush second i knocked up ten agar plates that i kno are clean beacuse the othe 10 i made in that batch are all going fine with a different strain third that is not an answer to my question and fourth there is bacteria growing directly in the spots on 7 out of ten plates where i droped the solution does that suffeciently answer your question now eaither leave my thread or answer my question

OfflineTravelAgency
The ongoing "wow"

Re: what do I say to a vendor when givin a contamanated syringe? [Re: shobbylyfe696]
    #21819190 - 06/17/15 01:55 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Woah, easy tiger.

--------------------

Indoor Greenhouse Build 
          Mid Size Mushroom Farm

Offlineshobbylyfe696
doe doe bird
Female User Gallery

#21819197 - 06/17/15 01:57 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shobbylyfe696 said:
Quote:

RyeJar said:

ok first of all ive had many grows and have only had one contam so far ever that was berfore my third flush second i knocked up ten agar plates that i kno are clean beacuse the othe 10 i made in that batch are all going fine with a different strain third that is not an answer to my question and fourth there is bacteria growing directly in the spots on 7 out of ten plates where i droped the solution does that suffeciently answer your question now eaither leave my thread or answer my question

Quote:

shobbylyfe696 said:
Quote:

RyeJar said:

sorry that did come out a little more rough than i had hoped but im kinda of frustrated with this vendor givin that i have done a lot of business with him and they cant jst replace a stupid syringe

Invisiblewildernessjunkie
Reshitivest
I'm a teapot

Loc: HTTP 404 Not Found
Trusted Cultivator
    #21819199 - 06/17/15 01:58 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

If you mentioned growing to the vendor then that would be a typical response.

"I was viewing the spores I bought from you with my scope. Upon close examination I found the sample to be contaminated with what appears to be trichoderma spores. I understand that sometimes mistakes happen, and was wondering if you would be willing to replace the syringe in exchange for a good service review on The Shroomery? Thank you for your time and consideration."

But....they already asked you not to contact them anymore. So you're likely fucked.

OfflineMatt87
Male User Gallery
Loc: Tennessee
Re: what do I say to a vendor when givin a contamanated syringe? [Re: TravelAgency]
    #21819200 - 06/17/15 01:59 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Mine was goofy but a legit answer. Make the same phone call without saying anything about growing. It's incriminating for them. Just say all the solution leaked out before it got to you or something!

--------------------

Once you understand the way broadly, you see it in all things. -Musashi

Offlineshobbylyfe696
doe doe bird
Female User Gallery

#21819220 - 06/17/15 02:05 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

ya i figured i fucked up in the first message but thanks for the replys ill be sure to remember that if this ever happen again

OfflineRyeJar
StrangerDanger

#21819231 - 06/17/15 02:10 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shobbylyfe696 said:
Quote:

RyeJar said:

:whippedcreamhead:
hell of a way to talk to someone who was trying to work you through your problem.

Edited by RyeJar (06/17/15 02:19 PM)

Offlinethoraxx
Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bavaria
    #21819261 - 06/17/15 02:19 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

When youre working with agar anyway a bacterial contam shouldnt be that much of a problem
With the sandwich tek (or antibiotics) you can isolate a healthy mycelium, if there is any

Offlineshobbylyfe696
doe doe bird
Female User Gallery

#21819264 - 06/17/15 02:20 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

RyeJar said:
Quote:

shobbylyfe696 said:
Quote:

RyeJar said:

hell of a way to talk to someone who was trying to work you through your problem.

i kno man like i said up a couple posts that it came out wrong and that it sounded more harsher than intended and incase you missed that im sorry  i was jst looking for a easy answer  wasnt looking to have to explain my entire tecnique over a bunk syring that im already tired of talking about so i say again... my bad

Offlineshobbylyfe696
doe doe bird
Female User Gallery

Re: what do I say to a vendor when givin a contamanated syringe? [Re: thoraxx]
    #21819271 - 06/17/15 02:22 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

thoraxx said:
When youre working with agar anyway a bacterial contam shouldnt be that much of a problem
With the sandwich tek (or antibiotics) you can isolate a healthy mycelium, if there is any

ya i would have if there was any the 7 plates had becteria growing where solution was dropped and the only 3 that didnt have becteria growing no mycelium grew

OfflineRyeJar
StrangerDanger

#21819285 - 06/17/15 02:28 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shobbylyfe696 said:
Quote:

RyeJar said:
Quote:

shobbylyfe696 said:
Quote:

RyeJar said:

i kno man like i said up a couple posts that it came out wrong and that it sounded more harsher than intended and incase you missed that im sorry  i was jst looking for a easy answer  wasnt looking to have to explain my entire tecnique over a bunk syring that im already tired of talking about so i say again... my bad

Its cool.  I would say for this vendor you are probably shit out of luck if you did happen to mention using their products to grow.  They won't replace it now.  Get antibiotics and do the sandwich tek like thoraxx said.  It puts you weeks behind but I think it's your only option now.

OfflineRyeJar
StrangerDanger

#21819293 - 06/17/15 02:31 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Just for shits and giggles can you describe the technique you used to drop the solution onto agar.  How did you prep your sab? pour or no pour plates? How did you go about sterilizing your syringe needle?  Etc....let's just make sure your steps are dialed in.

Offlineshobbylyfe696
doe doe bird
Female User Gallery

#21819326 - 06/17/15 02:44 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

lets not lol

Offlinethoraxx
Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bavaria
    #21819363 - 06/17/15 02:53 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shobbylyfe696 said:
Quote:

thoraxx said:

ya i would have if there was any the 7 plates had becteria growing where solution was dropped and the only 3 that didnt have becteria growing no mycelium grew

As long as theres any mycelium growing, sandwich tek should work
Plop a round of agar from a clean dish ontop of the bacterial growth, the mycelium will penetrate it much faster than the bacteria
Of course if the contam completely blocked out your spores and theres no mycelium growing at all your only hope is antibiotic agar or a new syringe from a different vendor

fsre has some jamaican in stock right now, for some reason i never hear those guys and their fantastic work mentioned on here

OfflineRyeJar
StrangerDanger

#21819368 - 06/17/15 02:54 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Cool.  Saves my time.

Offlineshobbylyfe696
doe doe bird
Female User Gallery

Re: what do I say to a vendor when givin a contamanated syringe? [Re: thoraxx]
    #21819393 - 06/17/15 03:03 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

sry but my question has been answerd and not to be rude but im not trying to run you thru step by step what i do to knock up some agar and how i prep my agar when i no im doi
Quote:

thoraxx said:
Quote:

shobbylyfe696 said:
Quote:

thoraxx said:

As long as theres any mycelium growing, sandwich tek should work
Plop a round of agar from a clean dish ontop of the bacterial growth, the mycelium will penetrate it much faster than the bacteria
Of course if the contam completely blocked out your spores and theres no mycelium growing at all your only hope is antibiotic agar or a new syringe from a different vendor

fsre has some jamaican in stock right now, for some reason i never hear those guys and their fantastic work mentioned on here

funny you say that i actually jst orderd a new print of pan jam from them

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck