Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMetaxas
Hopeful
Loc: Arkansas
Innoculation and contamination
    #2181702 - 12/16/03 06:08 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

According to the PFTek guide that I just read over at fungifun.org, (the method that I am fixing to be using...) it says that contamination is "MOSTLY" a product of an enclosed space, like inside your house for example.

So why not just innoculate your jars outside? I mean, if the mold concentration is much less outside, then your chances of getting something funky growing in your jars would be much less....right?

I am thinking of this, because, I have some jars that are going from the last method I was using (ShroomWizard) and that didn't work out too well, but I know that you can use cuttings from good jars to start more jars, and since I already have some jars going, then I am just going to use some cuttings from those to get some new PFTek jars going...

Any thoughts on the subject?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Innoculation and contamination [Re: Metaxas]
    #2184698 - 12/17/03 06:59 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

According to the PFTek guide that I just read over at fungifun.org, (the method that I am fixing to be using...) it says that contamination is "MOSTLY" a product of an enclosed space, like inside your house for example.

That's not very explicit. That part you read is referring only to post birth life cycle, means, terrarium infections not inoculations procedures. Sure an enclosed space might hold and germinate a major number of contaminants but that happens if you were careless in the first place.
Contamination is Tek indenpendint and can happen at any stage of the process. Contaminants blooming before birth often means it's due to insufficient sterilization of the substrate and used materials or/and incorrect procedures or/and not suitable work space. After birth is mostly due to environment fault, where opportunistic infections take advantage of that same environment. Enclosed spaces promote contamination production, most known contaminant due this fact is cobweb but others may apply.
You don't want to inoculate outside, that goes against all logic. If you think your house is dirty, make a glove box and keep improving on sterile procedures.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum