Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Oh Boy! Oh Boy!
    #2180301 - 12/15/03 05:21 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well it looks like I found some cyans in Auburn but I had a couple questions. Over all these mushrooms corispond well to the cyans description in Stamets book and other guides I had. The only two problems is that the bluing reaction was rather subtle. Some specimens I left in the field cause the blueing reactin was too slight.

The other odd feature was that the stems were not the classic white I have seen in many photos, but more a dull off white with just a hint of yellow.

The spore prints are a nice lilac/purple brownish color. The caps are either carmel brown or hygrophanous to a yellow white color. Some of the dry yellow caps have tinges of bluish/green bruising. The caps are moderately wavy.

Another odd thing is most of the mushrooms were on the small and short side. Even the ones that were clearly older were still small. The couple of mushroom that were more the size I thought cyans would be I left in the field cause their bluing reactions were too faint.

The mushrooms were growing in alder chips.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: Oh Boy! Oh Boy! [Re: ]
    #2180329 - 12/15/03 05:28 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like a no go. prints should be dark.

Anonymous

Re: Oh Boy! Oh Boy! [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #2180363 - 12/15/03 05:35 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

In the book I have it says the prints are purple brown ?  :tongue: ?

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2180413 - 12/15/03 05:54 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Are you sure of the bluing?

What color are the gills?

Anonymous

Re: Oh Boy! Oh Boy! [Re: angryshroom]
    #2180472 - 12/15/03 06:17 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The gills are a light tan like color.

And yes it does look to be an authentic, but mild blue reation.

The baeos I picked earlier this year blued very strongly and were potent fresh, but weak dry. So I assume they had high psilocin.

Im guessing these cyans must have low psilocin content

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2180497 - 12/15/03 06:30 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Go to a copy shop and yuse the scanner and hide a few inside and scan them and then post them here for us to see. I saw Galerinas today with black edges on them that some people might mistake for bluing.

mj

Better safe than sorry.

Anonymous

Re: Oh Boy! Oh Boy! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2181505 - 12/16/03 01:13 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Im pretty sure these are cyans, but since they do show a few a typical signs Im not going to eat them. I will just use them for practice ID and wait to find some cyans that show more classic features, particularly a strong bluing reaction.  :smile2:

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #2182460 - 12/16/03 12:36 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

if you arem sure the bluing is present [and i don't want to hear your disclaimers of intnesity] then they warrent a better look.

you are having trouble, i can tell, in describing soem things, so it would help to see pictures.

if you can't even find a scanner in your whole town, then just keep looking at them where they grow untill you are better familiar with them, noting any detail you can and writing it down. take these details and compare them with every P. cyanescens description you can find. the only way you are going to be sure you can id a species of mushroom is to have physical experience with it, know how to check descriptions and use keys [if you can find them] and this is the perfect chance.

good luck,
peace,
concrete.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinecyankid
    #2183636 - 12/16/03 06:54 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

If by Auburn you mean Auburn California, chances are you have yerself some Cyanofibrillosa. Do not eat them on the account of my suggestion, but a friend in Chico has been finding shittons of them. He thought they were cyanescens too. (we used to pick together on the coast) You should try for a picture though.

cyankid out

Anonymous

Re: Oh Boy! Oh Boy! [Re: cyankid]
    #2183706 - 12/16/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

IM talkin Auburn WA !  :smile2:

Offlinediscomfort
peace to all
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land "O" Cyanescens
    #2183779 - 12/16/03 08:00 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I see these mushrooms all over when hunting. They grow mostly in grass. They do appear to stain blue but I think it the natural color. As for looking like cyans? Sure if you don't know what a cyan loooks like. I'll pick some this week and post pics, maybe someone knows the name.

--------------------
Looks like we are in mushroom country.

Peace
jon

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Oh Boy! Oh Boy! [Re: cyankid]
    #2183888 - 12/16/03 08:40 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

SoftRat,

P. cyanofibrilosa do not get wavy caps. the caps are also more of a brownish tan to a fading straw-yellow.

mjshroomer

Edited by mjshroomer (12/16/03 08:41 PM)

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
    #2183903 - 12/16/03 08:44 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Your description does seem to resemble Cyans........ But the strange thing about peoples descriptions is they always seem to resemble the active that person is looking for and never the picture of the actual specimen.  :crazy:

Anyways, there's definately enough close characteristics to warrant you to pursue these.  Post a pic, with your description we should be able to tell you right away.

Peace - @cro

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Oh Boy! Oh Boy! [Re: @cro]
    #2192105 - 12/20/03 12:03 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for your help all! :smile2: Im not going to eat these guys, I all ready tossed em out, cause I can't ID them 100%. I suspect they are unhealthy cyans that just never grew big and have low psilocyin levels.

Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
Loc: Hawaii
    #2192275 - 12/20/03 02:14 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Ou Oh O boy oh boy dont throw them out. But rather put them in a place where if they were cys where would cys like to grow. That would be one confirmation if they grew and maybe later you would have a camera and could really be sure at a later time they just could be and if you know where they are then you wont havwe to find them again.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags