Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Rye Grain, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineipraytomushrooms
Romper Room Philosopher
Male User Gallery

Lots of anxiety after a bad trip, how can I trip again without worry?
    #21793343 - 06/11/15 04:42 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

So several months ago I had a very bad acid trip. It was my fourth experience with L but my first bad one. It was a result of many things, including people I didn't necessarily want to be around and I was tired and not really in the mood to trip when I took it. I definitely forced it. I abused the substance by forcing the experience. I believe tripping is a very significant experience and to attempt to force it in a less than adequate environment is just asking for trouble.

But after that bad trip, I can say that I've seen the darker side of psychedelics and it really scared me on a very personal level. I know that amazing bliss LSD csn offer but I also know it's sharp sting if abused, and I am afraid of experiencing that sting again.

I suppose all I can do is prepare a safe, happy environment to trip in with people I am comfortable around. Maybe on a bright cloudless day. I feel like that'd be the ideal setting. Any other suggestions? I've been really hesitant to trip ever since that last trip, and even turned down a mushroom trip because I wasn't in an environment I liked. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

--------------------
:leaf:

Edited by ipraytomushrooms (06/11/15 05:49 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Lots of anxiety after a bad trip, how can I trip again without worry? [Re: ipraytomushrooms]
    #21793464 - 06/11/15 05:20 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

MUAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH I FOUND YOU.

But for real, I think you sound like you got it down man, you realize that you abused it the wrong way and already learned from it, I'd just give it some more time to integrate the experience and then do as you said, just make sure your set and setting is on point and that you are in a generally good mood.

"I believe tripping is a very significant experience" I agree with this and because of this I always go into trips a little nervous and anxious because I'm nervous about what is to come, but it almost always ends up being amazing.

Turning down the mushroom trip because you weren't in an environment you were comfortable with IMO was a good idea. Just keep the respect you seem to have for these substances, and wait till you are in a good mind set and in a comfortable setting and then just jump back in, or start with a lower dose so you can ease back into it and remember the better part of it. Dip your toes in the water before jumping in.

I think it's a good thing to not be wreckless with psychs, this might of been their way of just showing you not to do that and to take them at the right times for the right reasons.

Edited by SirShroomsAlott (06/11/15 05:26 PM)

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Lots of anxiety after a bad trip, how can I trip again without worry? [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #21794159 - 06/11/15 07:55 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Depends on the dose.... Low dose cactus to high dose mushrooms, or vice versa?

Is gin mellower than vodka?

For equal lvl trips... Cactus is longer lasting and in my opinion easier going ... Not sure mellower though... Get runs from cactus and yawns from mushrooms....

Peace

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflineDeviate
Re: Lots of anxiety after a bad trip, how can I trip again without worry? [Re: HarryL]
    #21794187 - 06/11/15 08:02 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Gotta do it in the right set and setting, as you are aware. I recommend avoiding LSD and going with natural psychedelics, in nature. I am currently reading LSD psychotherapy by stanislov graf (sp) an he stresses total surrender to the drug affect, which I agree with.

My tripping motto is, trust God, trust yourself, trust God's medicine (God's medicine being entheogenic plants and mushrooms obviously).

In my experience, if you trip for spiritual growth and healing (good intentions) in the right set and setting and you surrender completely to whatever the drug wishes to show you, treating it as your beloved friend and teacher, then while I can't guarantee 100% positive experiences, I can almost guarantee that whatever happens, there will be much more benefits than negatives and you will not regret it.

Edited by Deviate (06/11/15 08:04 PM)

OfflineGoldenEye
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Lots of anxiety after a bad trip, how can I trip again without worry? [Re: Deviate] * 2
    #21794295 - 06/11/15 08:24 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

The simple answer is that you can't. You're stuck with a little bit more respect for the substance. That's only fair, natural and healthy. Learn from the mistakes and you will be fine, anxious or not.

InvisibleLSDollar
Trans-female

Loc: Up Up and Away Flag
Re: Lots of anxiety after a bad trip, how can I trip again without worry? [Re: GoldenEye]
    #21795052 - 06/11/15 11:23 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Im kinda in same boat, i was testing different psychs.. i was doing lsa, dmt, mescaline, ect..

Tried lsa+peppermint, and had very bad bronchial constriction, i never heard anything about it, i thought i was ganna die yohimbe didn't help me, i waited it out..

Havn't tripped since, havn't attempted to trip since, that was 3 months ago, stopped my exctracts with lsa, dmt ect. Got rid of most of it, kept the dmt because it is good.

Waiting on my magic truffles, hoping a good 15-20 gram dose will get me to level 4 strength trip.

OfflineGoldenEye
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Lots of anxiety after a bad trip, how can I trip again without worry? [Re: LSDollar]
    #21795148 - 06/11/15 11:47 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

You probably need more than 15-20 for level 4 from my experience.

OfflineDa2ra
Ergot Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East Flag
Re: Lots of anxiety after a bad trip, how can I trip again without worry? [Re: Deviate]
    #21795162 - 06/11/15 11:52 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:
Gotta do it in the right set and setting, as you are aware. I recommend avoiding LSD and going with natural psychedelics, in nature.

You think LSD is limited, huh? Curious to hear you elaborate.

Offlineipraytomushrooms
Romper Room Philosopher
Male User Gallery

Re: Lots of anxiety after a bad trip, how can I trip again without worry? [Re: Da2ra] * 1
    #21795802 - 06/12/15 03:58 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Da2ra said:
Quote:

Deviate said:
Gotta do it in the right set and setting, as you are aware. I recommend avoiding LSD and going with natural psychedelics, in nature.

I'd also like to hear a little elaboration. I like mushrooms but LSD has a very special place in my heart and is hands down my favorite psychedelic.

--------------------

OfflineElff
Abyss Full of Love
 User Gallery

Re: Lots of anxiety after a bad trip, how can I trip again without worry? [Re: ipraytomushrooms]
    #21795858 - 06/12/15 04:27 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

give tripping and generally thinking about the trip a break and focus on other aspects of your life, when you feel healed ease back into it

--------------------

"No drug causes the fundamental ills of society. If we’re looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn’t test people for drugs— we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed, and love of power."  - PJ O’Rourke

InvisibleHeisencybin
Heisencybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Lots of anxiety after a bad trip, how can I trip again without worry? [Re: Elff]
    #21796166 - 06/12/15 08:27 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

What this guy said ^

Let the psychs choose you. You will know when you're ready. You will always have a little anxiety because of that bad trip and knowing it's always possible to go back. but if you go into it with a positive mind and a sure gut feeling, then just go for it. Be sure it's pure and clean. Maybe start a little lower than usual? But once you have a good trip to overcome, you will feel a lot better and trustworthy of tripping. But learn from your mistakes. These substances demand respect.

Offlinethehoff117
Psyconaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: The US of Ass kicking,VA Flag
Re: Lots of anxiety after a bad trip, how can I trip again without worry? [Re: Deviate]
    #21797612 - 06/12/15 03:40 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

One pointer I have picked up to help with tripping anxiety, is to have a benzo of some form nearby. You probably wont ever have to take it, because just knowing you have a way out, if necessary, is enough to keep most people calm.

Quote:

Deviate said:
I recommend avoiding LSD and going with natural psychedelics, in nature.

You may or may not know this, but lsd-50 is simply a chemical found naturally in rye loving ergot mold.

To say it isn't natural, is just not true. That would be like saying if you extract pslycobin from mushrooms, or mescaline from cactus, then these chemicals are no longer "natural"

No argument intended, just giving an alternate perspective.

--------------------
"You can't double acid and only expect to trip twice as hard"

"Tripping is simply a deception of your perception"

"Real Really Relates Relatively"

Offlineipraytomushrooms
Romper Room Philosopher
Male User Gallery

Re: Lots of anxiety after a bad trip, how can I trip again without worry? [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #21797760 - 06/12/15 04:12 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SirShroomsAlott said:
MUAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH I FOUND YOU.

But for real, I think you sound like you got it down man, you realize that you abused it the wrong way and already learned from it, I'd just give it some more time to integrate the experience and then do as you said, just make sure your set and setting is on point and that you are in a generally good mood.

"I believe tripping is a very significant experience" I agree with this and because of this I always go into trips a little nervous and anxious because I'm nervous about what is to come, but it almost always ends up being amazing.

Turning down the mushroom trip because you weren't in an environment you were comfortable with IMO was a good idea. Just keep the respect you seem to have for these substances, and wait till you are in a good mind set and in a comfortable setting and then just jump back in, or start with a lower dose so you can ease back into it and remember the better part of it. Dip your toes in the water before jumping in.

I think it's a good thing to not be wreckless with psychs, this might of been their way of just showing you not to do that and to take them at the right times for the right reasons.

Thanks man yea I think that this was L's way of showing me that these are very powerful substances not to be fucked with. I forgot that and I had stopped using LSD as a tool and had begun to use it as just something else to do with friends, which wasn't right. i didn't even realize it at the time

i have had a single hit of some beautiful acid sitting tucked away for the past month just waiting for the right moment to do it again, and i think that a single hit would be the perfect dose to allow me to get acquainted with the substance again.

--------------------

OfflineDa2ra
Ergot Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East Flag
Re: Lots of anxiety after a bad trip, how can I trip again without worry? [Re: thehoff117]
    #21797799 - 06/12/15 04:24 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

thehoff117 said:
You may or may not know this, but lsd-50 is simply a chemical found naturally in rye loving ergot mold.

To say it isn't natural, is just not true. That would be like saying if you extract pslycobin from mushrooms, or mescaline from cactus, then these chemicals are no longer "natural"

No argument intended, just giving an alternate perspective.

Nah, LSD-25 is just as synthetic as drugs like 2C-B and 2C-T-2. LSD, 2C-B, et al. are very closely related to naturally occurring psychedelics like mescaline and ergine (LAA), but they're not natural themselves. They're chemical modifications.

For perspective here's how Hofmann compares LSD to ergine:

Grof: Have you actually tried the ololiuhqui yourself? [oh-low-lee-uh-kee]
Hofmann: Yes, I did. But, of course, it is about ten times less active; to get a good effect, you need one to two milligrams.*
Grof: And what was that experience like?
Hofmann: The experience had some strong narcotic effect, but at the same time there was a very strange sense of voidness. In this void, everything loses its meaning. It is a very mystical experience.

--

When I discovered lysergic acid amides in ololiuhqui, I realized that LSD is really just a small chemical modification of a very old sacred drug of Mexico.

Albert Hofmann interviewed by Stanislav Grof in 1984. MAPS Bulletin 9.2 (Fall 2001): 22–35. http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v11n2/11222gro.html

Ololiuqui corrected as ololiuhqui
NOTE: Although the spelling ololiuqui has gained wide acceptance and is now the commonest orthography, linguistic evidence indicates that this Nahuatl word is correctly written ololiuhqui.
Note by R.E. Schultes included in the following essay: Notes on the Present Status of Ololiuhqui and the Other Hallucinogens of Mexico. R. Gordon Wasson. Botanical Museum Leaflets (Harvard University), vol. 20 (1963).

*Hofmann is talking about ergine, alone:

The effective dose of lysergic acid amide is 1 to 2 mg by oral application.

Albert Hofmann. The Road to Eleusis: Unveiling the Secret of the Mysteries. 1978. R. G. Wasson, Albert Hofmann, and Carl A. P. Ruck. Page 10. DOWNLOAD

OfflineDeviate
    #21799457 - 06/12/15 10:23 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ipraytomushrooms said:
Quote:

Da2ra said:
Quote:

Deviate said:

I'd also like to hear a little elaboration. I like mushrooms but LSD has a very special place in my heart and is hands down my favorite psychedelic.

First of all, I want to say I think LSD is a fine chemical and I don't discount anyone who has had life changing experiences on LSD, heck even I could say I have had life changing experiences on LSD.

However, in my experience, the natural drugs are far superior to the ones created by man. I know it doesn't necessarily make logical sense but it is simply my experience. I find that LSD lacks something that natural entheogens have which for me makes them infinitely more profound and deep.

My intuition simply tells me to avoid putting man made substances in my body. The natural drugs always feel better to me. Now, LSD is pretty close to being natural, which is why it is pretty decent, at least as far as man made drugs go, but still it just cant compare to shrooms or cactus.

Then I also have a theory that each entheogen contains within it all the experiences had by all the people who ever took it. So in that sense, shrooms have thousands of years of history, often being used by ancient people with much different ideas , cultures and worldviews than ours. All that information becomes accessible when you ingest cubes.

With LSD, its only been in use since the 40s and mostly by stupid hippies (not that I dislike hippies, but they lacked spiritual maturity) and people who wanted to party. Of course you can still meet God on LSD, so I am not saying its worthless or anything like that, just that it doesn't compare to mushrooms or cactus or even weed in my experience.

Offlinethehoff117
Psyconaut
Male User Gallery

#21799866 - 06/13/15 12:10 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Hahaha confused LD-50 with lsd-25.

But clearly i was mislead at some point. Need to look into this more obviously

--------------------

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #21800826 - 06/13/15 07:15 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:

However, in my experience, the natural drugs are far superior to the ones created by man. I know it doesn't necessarily make logical sense but it is simply my experience. I find that LSD lacks something that natural entheogens have which for me makes them infinitely more profound and deep.

My intuition simply tells me to avoid putting man made substances in my body. The natural drugs always feel better to me. Now, LSD is pretty close to being natural, which is why it is pretty decent, at least as far as man made drugs go, but still it just cant compare to shrooms or cactus.

Then I also have a theory that each entheogen contains within it all the experiences had by all the people who ever took it. So in that sense, shrooms have thousands of years of history, often being used by ancient people with much different ideas , cultures and worldviews than ours. All that information becomes accessible when you ingest cubes.

With LSD, its only been in use since the 40s and mostly by stupid hippies (not that I dislike hippies, but they lacked spiritual maturity) and people who wanted to party. Of course you can still meet God on LSD, so I am not saying its worthless or anything like that, just that it doesn't compare to mushrooms or cactus or even weed in my experience.

Wow you typed all that hippie garbage then dissed hippies? All the natural bullshit is bullshit. And suggesting natural drugs over LSD for a good trip is also retarded. There are 10 thousand mushroom bad trip stories on this very message board. Yeah all the people who ate peyote's over the years have had their experiences implanted in the cactus DNA. Maybe you shouldn't be calling people stupid hippies, because that's totally stupid hippie shit.
These drugs are some fun ass recreational substances. I suggest stopping the looking for god and cosmic awareness and just play vids or go snowboarding. Sex on LSD is awesome, so much better than chanting OM by candle light. IMO the spiritual users are the ones who are wasting it.
As to the OP it's impossible to prevent a bad trip. Yes you should prepare and get a nice set/setting but there is no "wrong way" to take LSD. I don't consider having a good set or setting "respecting" the substance, that whole idea silly. I don't drink 25 beers because I dont want to die, doesnt mean I respect alcohol. I don't take 5 hits at a death metal show either because I don't want a bad trip. It's all common sense stuff.
You can have just as awesome a time dropping LSD and going golfing than you can doing some stupid ritual. The idea you need to make these drugs into something you worship or bow down to is retarded. I think all the spiritual fools on these boards are stressing people out needlessly. I take it 100 percent for fun. The spiritual I consider an unwanted side effect.

OfflineDeviate
Re: Lots of anxiety after a bad trip, how can I trip again without worry? [Re: my3rdeye]
    #21800955 - 06/13/15 08:46 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I like hippies man, and I am one. All I said was the hippies of the 60s lacked maturity.

Anyway, you can take LSD for whatever purposes you want, I don't care what you do.  But regardless of whether or not you think it is nonsense, many people get something spiritual/life changing out of these substances.

Offlineipraytomushrooms
Romper Room Philosopher
Male User Gallery

Re: Lots of anxiety after a bad trip, how can I trip again without worry? [Re: my3rdeye]
    #21802384 - 06/13/15 02:34 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

my3rdeye said:
Quote:

Deviate said:

Wow you typed all that hippie garbage then dissed hippies? All the natural bullshit is bullshit. And suggesting natural drugs over LSD for a good trip is also retarded. There are 10 thousand mushroom bad trip stories on this very message board. Yeah all the people who ate peyote's over the years have had their experiences implanted in the cactus DNA. Maybe you shouldn't be calling people stupid hippies, because that's totally stupid hippie shit.
These drugs are some fun ass recreational substances. I suggest stopping the looking for god and cosmic awareness and just play vids or go snowboarding. Sex on LSD is awesome, so much better than chanting OM by candle light. IMO the spiritual users are the ones who are wasting it.
As to the OP it's impossible to prevent a bad trip. Yes you should prepare and get a nice set/setting but there is no "wrong way" to take LSD. I don't consider having a good set or setting "respecting" the substance, that whole idea silly. I don't drink 25 beers because I dont want to die, doesnt mean I respect alcohol. I don't take 5 hits at a death metal show either because I don't want a bad trip. It's all common sense stuff.
You can have just as awesome a time dropping LSD and going golfing than you can doing some stupid ritual. The idea you need to make these drugs into something you worship or bow down to is retarded. I think all the spiritual fools on these boards are stressing people out needlessly. I take it 100 percent for fun. The spiritual I consider an unwanted side effect.

Well call me a stupid spiritual person but I think that these substances are about a lot more than just having fun. Of course having fun is a big part of it, but I personally do not think you should be taking LSD if the sole purpose behind you taking it in the first place is to have 'fun'. You will almost definitely have fun, yes, but that's all secondary.

Yea, I like fucking around while tripping too. Playing video games, going for a swim, playing with laser pointers, etc. But I certainly do not engross myself in GTA or playing on the computer throughout the entire experience. That would be a waste, as you would essentially be spending the entire experience submersed in a game, rather than exploring your mind.

I agree, sitting by a candle chanting for 8 hours would be a terrible way to spend a trip, but let's be honest who the fuck is going to do that? Very few people. You don't need to surround yourself with candles and recite Tibetan chants for the experience to spiritual or enlightening in some way. The fact that you insinuate that those who find some sort of spiritual significance from psychedelics as stupid hippie bullshit is just ignorant.

--------------------

Edited by ipraytomushrooms (06/13/15 02:40 PM)

Offlinethehoff117
Psyconaut
Male User Gallery

#21802595 - 06/13/15 03:42 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

my3rdeye said:

I don't disagree with you entirely, but how could using a substance for a divine or spiritual purpose ever be wasting it? That's kinda like saying that people who read the bible are wasting it because it was obviously made for starting fires haha.

And you said it yourself "The spiritual I consider an unwanted side effect." well if it can make you feel spiritual when you aren't even looking to feel that way, there has got to be a reason for it.

I drop cid for every reason, because i am bored, because my friends are, because i feel like i have a problem in my life to solve, or because I'd like to find some answers about spirituality and the universe. None of these involve some crazy ritual though. I know some people take it to that level, but i don't see the point because i can find whatever i want just by laying in the dark.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Rye Grain, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience