Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleUncleFester
Lord Moldy-Butt
Male

Loc: Where The Sun Don't Shine... Flag
What do sober people do for fun? /Tool Contest!
    #21790754 - 06/10/15 10:27 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Welp it's about to be first 24 hours into being sober for the first time in a year and a half or more. I used to smoke ganja everyday as a passtime and now my day feels incomplete. The main reason for going sober is to get myself a job or rather to pass that stinkin' drug test which I'm not even sure how fucked I am because I have no clean piss and they might even test me tomorrow. Which I'll surely come out positive.

But another thing that's kept me thinking is what's keeping the sober person from blazing it up? I just don't see how they could possibly be content with their time. But they're probably so used to being sober that they don't even see it that way. Maybe I'm just a high fool, but I see most things as futile, like going to doctors if there's nothing wrong or worrying about what to wear or anything like that ya know? What kinds of things do people enjoy doing sober? I honestly wish I was smoking a bowl right now, in fact I've been thinking more about taking a drag than sex today. The ratio of herb to sex thoughts in my brain are at 7:3 if that makes any kind of sense to you.

I'm glad I have yet to come in contact with heroin or have had the urge to want to try it. Until I'm already on my death bed or in my 60's-70's. I feel as if heroin would consume my life. I'm already extremely apathetic so heroin would definitely be a new kind of heaven and hell for me.

CONTEST ALERT!
Name your favorite Tool song and if it's my favorite TOOL song as well, I'll give you a months membership. Contest ends 24 from 5:24pm EST
Btw sorry if I'm a bit late to announce the winner. Good luck!

Edited by UncleFester (06/16/15 07:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUniverse
Friend

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: UncleFester]
    #21790810 - 06/10/15 10:40 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Ha... I've asked the same question so many times. My best friend has never smoked pot or done any drugs at all. And he's a guy who would absolutely love it. He's smart, goofy, level headed and fun to be with. I just don't get it. He's a happy guy but for some reason he has no desire for recreational fun. He's a great song writer... man, if he tripped once it would give him inspiration for a lifetime. I can count on him for some clean piss if the need ever arises.

Hey - everyone's different. There are skinny people who can eat like pigs without gaining weight. There are guys with massive muscles who don't work out. Good looking guys go bald while ugly ones keep all their hair. It's fucked up man.

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
    #21790820 - 06/10/15 10:43 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I just don't see how they could possibly be content with their time. But they're probably so used to being sober that they don't even see it that way.

Pretty much this. You cant think of any lifestyle that doesn't involve drugs because you've been in this rut for so long. Theres a huge world outside of drugs and GTA 5. Its really up to you to find something worth getting up for in the morning.

For me, its school and work (all chemistry related). I live a life that I actually enjoy and and it keeps me stimulated. I have little hobbies around the house that Im absorbed in. When Im completely bored, I find more hobbies to pick up. Recently, its been metal forging. I built a little metal foundry that I melt aluminum cans in. I pour it into molds and make shit. Or electronics. Or gardening. Or hiking..fixing up my bike..the list goes on.

Offlinedixienormous

Loc: moon
Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #21790871 - 06/10/15 11:00 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Learning or building something. Whatever stimulates you.

Try thought blocking techniques for any thought that is related to weed. I find I don't crave it for those few days if I don't think about it.

InvisibleUncleFester
Lord Moldy-Butt
Male

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: Universe]
    #21790981 - 06/10/15 11:33 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Universe said:
Hey - everyone's different. There are skinny people who can eat like pigs without gaining weight. There are guys with massive muscles who don't work out. Good looking guys go bald while ugly ones keep all their hair. It's fucked up man.

I feel you on that dude

To walrus: I know what you mean I'm actually going to start studying chemistry as well in August yeah just getting up for something is a task especially when I'm stoned. I remember a quote from bill hicks
“They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference. Why wake up to get into traffic to go to a job you hate? Fuck it. Stay home and watch cartoons.” - The Hicks and I wish I still had gta I ended up loaning then selling it to a buddy that wanted to keep it. But you're right, I am in a rut.

Dixi: I've been trying all day to focus on something else but maybe I'm just having mental withdrawal.

--------------------
:pm:Looking for Penis Envy & Psilocybe Cubensis Cuba spores.:pm:

Offlinethewanderer25
Special Karma
 User Gallery

Loc: Hyperspace
    #21791109 - 06/11/15 12:09 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

UncleFester said:
Welp it's about to be first 24 hours into being sober for the first time in a year and a half or more. I used to smoke ganja everyday as a passtime and now my day feels incomplete. The main reason for going sober is to get myself a job or rather to pass that stinkin' drug test which I'm not even sure how fucked I am because I have no clean piss and they might even test me tomorrow. Which I'll surely come out positive.

But another thing that's kept me thinking is what's keeping the sober person from blazing it up? I just don't see how they could possibly be content with their time. But they're probably so used to being sober that they don't even see it that way. Maybe I'm just a high fool, but I see most things as futile, like going to doctors if there's nothing wrong or worrying about what to wear or anything like that ya know? What kinds of things do people enjoy doing sober? I honestly wish I was smoking a bowl right now, in fact I've been thinking more about taking a drag than sex today. The ratio of herb to sex thoughts in my brain are at 7:3 if that makes any kind of sense to you.

I'm glad I have yet to come in contact with heroin or have had the urge to want to try it. Until I'm already on my death bed or in my 60's-70's. I feel as if heroin would consume my life. I'm already extremely apathetic so heroin would definitely be a new kind of heaven and hell for me.

Well man I had the same problem because im in a drug court program and get tested regularly. I just dont think about it anymore but the first week or two sucks its all I could think about. after a month or two you will want it extremely bad like more than you thought possible its like you lose yourself to some sober dude and cant think as well. I ended up smoking one bowl 2 months after quitting and realized it was not as good as I thought it was (it was still good but I stopped obsessing about it) I smoked some bud a few weeks ago im still in drug court but got away with it (thank god) and it was fun but it dose not mean anything and if I cant do it all the time I don't even want to. (I like to stay high for weeks and weeks I used to eat brownies at night and wake up baked and take a few dabs and go to work). But I do the same shit I do when im baked just sober its not as fun but theirs nothing I can do but do my time and get out of drug court. I still do acid and shrooms and im about to get some aya but that's just a once in a while thing. believe it or not time goes by faster for sober people now that ive been sober weeks go by like days to a stoner. Its crazy man one month of being baked is like 6 of being sober.

--------------------

InvisibleUncleFester
Lord Moldy-Butt
Male

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: thewanderer25]
    #21791200 - 06/11/15 12:39 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Hmm yeah I guess you're right I should just avoid thinking about it. Right now I find myself rocking on my rocking chair at 2:30am because I'm simply not tired and I have a job interview at 8am tomorrow. I'm actually more stressed out than normal but I might just be getting antsy about not smoking.
Awesome signature btw

I just got a call from my mom earlier tonight about how she rekt her bumper with some bicycle in the middle of the road and what pissed me off is that the prick who left the bike there came by and put it into his truck but my mom was too scared to die so she just stayed in her car for no good reason and took extremely vague and blurry photos of the bastard and his license plate. That's $200 or more down the drain just because she was dicking around when the owner of the bike showed up. For some reason I got even more upset than her and my anger was more aimed at her for allowing that bullshit to happen to her and all she can say is "well thank God I'm not dead"  and it just annoys me because I don't even believe in God. As if he had a fucking role in this, why didn't God let her phone get a better photo?.. Just fucking bullshit I tell you

This has to be the most foul post I've made on shroomery so far..

--------------------

Edited by UncleFester (06/11/15 12:40 AM)

InvisibleMagicalOrangutan
Curious Cat
Male

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: UncleFester] * 1
    #21791272 - 06/11/15 01:00 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Like the one guy said, building/tinkering with things, social shit (if you don't have Aspergers like myself :laugh: ), games?? Traveling?? Art/music/sports(as I said games)? Anything that stimulates you intellectually, physically or emotionally

--------------------
On the ground you lay, with your dogs you pray, at a neon hieroglyph sky you gaze

Hugging your mind, praying to survive, feeling the love of the hieroglyphs in the sky
We all need more love, and mainly less hate
Hate is the blind that covers the heart's eye
That makes the heart's eye cry
Locked deep away in the skies of our minds

It's all in the mind

InvisibleUncleFester
Lord Moldy-Butt
Male

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: MagicalOrangutan]
    #21791381 - 06/11/15 01:36 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I used to play some vidya games but I think I lost a lot of interest in most games although I do need to finish Bioshock 2. I used to be so anti-anime but I started watching psycho pass which I know isn't the best but it's a start especially for someone like me who would rather take a shit and listen to Tool while my friends watched anime. It's really not as bad as thought it would be but I still cringe at some theme songs for the shows.
I'll try to occupy my time with other more intellectual things :thumbup:

I'd like to thank everyone who's posted a reply. I'm sure you didn't have to, but I appreciate your time and suggestions. I plan on going though at least a month sobriety.
:lahey:

--------------------

Offlinetwelvelookslikeu
Stranger
 User Gallery

#21791787 - 06/11/15 05:20 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Being sober is easy if busy and productive. Life always becomes stagnant and boring if you dont try anything different.

--------------------

Offlinemothamaruti
Stranger

#21791818 - 06/11/15 05:41 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

When I started off with psychedelics I thought they were the be all and end all of life. Smoking weed everyday was fun at start, but later on it got monotonous and boring. Not only that, I had a psychotic outbreak from weed and had to give it up for good. So, I was forced to find new hobbies like reading, gym, music, animated movies, travelling, yoga etc. out of which some I did before, under the influence of weed. Without weed I have more energy to do some of them like gym with more precision and intensity. Don't mistake psychedelics for life, they are merely tools you can use to enhance your life.

InvisibleHeisencybin
Heisencybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: mothamaruti]
    #21791920 - 06/11/15 06:40 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I've had recent thoughts about when I would quit as a daily user. Would love to only smoke maybe once a week or so.

With that said, I came to reasoning that I may not want to quit entirely until there is a strong motivator. For me, it may be starting a famjly, which won't be for awhile. But sometimes it's nice to get forced almost with a motivator to live sober. Maybe health related problems too. If you really want to quit, look within and find those or that motivator. A good shroom trip while sober and in a good mood may clear the air a bit. I would wait until you are through withdrawals a tad more. The psych can mess with your trip that soon off your daily crutch.

Just find that reason to be sober. Whether it be health, longevity, family or just to experiment with being sober and resetting tolerance. With no reason, it all seems pointless to quit IME.

InvisibleUncleFester
Lord Moldy-Butt
Male

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: Heisencybin]
    #21792191 - 06/11/15 08:51 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I'm actually going to trip on some truffles now lol

I also wanted to ask if anyone has ever us used someone else's clean piss for a drug test and if so what method did you use to bring in the piss? What container? Did you use any muscle pads to keep it warm?

--------------------

OfflineBig Worm
Perf
 User Gallery

#21792254 - 06/11/15 09:09 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

UncleFester said:
I'm actually going to trip on some truffles now lol

I also wanted to ask if anyone has ever us used someone else's clean piss for a drug test and if so what method did you use to bring in the piss? What container? Did you use any muscle pads to keep it warm?

I put someone's piss in two travel size shampoo bottles, In a small thermal drawstring sack and slapped a FOOT Warmer on it, not a hand warmer .  Foot warmers go up to 98 degrees and hands go to like 130 or something.  I put it under my nuts with three pairs of breifs on.

I had to drive for 45 minutes too, and I passed no problem. 

Way easier than I expected lol

--------------------

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: Big Worm]
    #21792320 - 06/11/15 09:35 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

There is a song in the musical Camelot where the king and queen lament about being bored and they sing a song called What do the Simple Folk Do

They come to the conclusion that the simple folk mostly wonder what the king and queen do

So... Sober people wonder what stoned people do

Peace

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Offlinethewanderer25
Special Karma
 User Gallery

Loc: Hyperspace
    #21792433 - 06/11/15 10:15 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

UncleFester said:

Listen man this shit works only if they cant see your dick. Have you heard of mio its like a squirt drink look it up. I get them at the grocery store just take them home and open them up you can twist the top off pour it and wash it a bunch. Then put the piss in their and close it. When you here you have a drug test let it sit in hot water for 30 minutes then get some tape and tape that shit to your dick. when you have to pee just squeeze the bottle and it looks like a stream instead of pouring (I forgot to mention that the whole it comes out of is not as big as your dick hole so the steam size is off I just take a hot paper clip and make it bigger.) When your done with the test put the mio back in your pants and zip your pants up. If you have to open the bottle it makes a noise so I pretend to cough as I open it and close it. This has worked for all drug tests I have ever had except probation because they have to see your dick its nasty as fuck. but if you get sober I usually make a pee stash because sythict is expensive and its weird to ask your friends.

--------------------

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #21792481 - 06/11/15 10:34 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I quit for 2 weeks straight for the first time in 2 years of daily smoking, dabs and all. Was pretty easy to do, whatever you put your mind to you can achieve, you just have to want it for your self, if you don't want it it's gonna be harder. I just put myself in the mindstate to occupy my time in other places, if I have thoughts I instantly shut them down and go do something, you will be living a much more productive and busy life but there will always be that notion in the back of your head about how great taking a hit would be, shut it down and move on.

--------------------
"In The Material World One seeks retirement and grows Old
In The Magical World One seeks Enlightenment and grows Wiser
In The Miraculous World One seeks nothing and grows Lighter
As we all tread the Homeward Path we will explore many Realms
And one day... we will all Realize that all experiences are Simply
Different ways in which The
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

OfflineRebelutionsssss
Mdmazing
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: San Francisco
Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: Eclipse3130]
    #21792561 - 06/11/15 11:03 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Same way that were always on drugs so that it just seems normal for us :lol:

--------------------
:
To define is to confine.

InvisibleUncleFester
Lord Moldy-Butt
Male

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: Eclipse3130]
    #21792583 - 06/11/15 11:11 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Eclipse3130 said:
I quit for 2 weeks straight for the first time in 2 years of daily smoking, dabs and all. Was pretty easy to do, whatever you put your mind to you can achieve, you just have to want it for your self, if you don't want it it's gonna be harder. I just put myself in the mindstate to occupy my time in other places, if I have thoughts I instantly shut them down and go do something, you will be living a much more productive and busy life but there will always be that notion in the back of your head about how great taking a hit would be, shut it down and move on.

Your right I'm not ready to quit I'm just being forced into this situation

Big worm: I'll definitely get a foot wamer then and maybe I'll use that along with thewanderers mio tek

And HarryL you just earned yourself 5:mushroom2:
That's a really good way to put it and it actually made me laugh a good amount

--------------------

Invisiblebotha
Male

#21792950 - 06/11/15 01:09 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Things to do when sober: start a weed grow op, grow mushrooms, go out with girl, watch movies, have sex, masturbate, read a book, go jogging, eat exessively and cry into pillow until you fall asleep. Thats what sober people do.

To me being sober means few beers every once in a while, wake and bake on saturday morning only and one mushroom trip per year. Reading books gets my brain stimulated enough and good movies are also way to go.

Curious Cat
Male

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: botha]
    #21792970 - 06/11/15 01:13 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Sit around and think about stupid shit and watch TV, that's what realistic people of all sorts do, sober or not lol

--------------------
On the ground you lay, with your dogs you pray, at a neon hieroglyph sky you gaze

Hugging your mind, praying to survive, feeling the love of the hieroglyphs in the sky

It's all in the mind

InvisibleHeisencybin
Heisencybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
    #21793011 - 06/11/15 01:23 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Yep for the piss test, I have used a shampoo like bottle. Make sure it doesn't make sound. And taped hand warmers to the bottle an hour or so before I went in. Wore tight underwear and just kept the bottle under my balls basically. I also got the piss the day of too. Keep it sealed and use hand warmers and hour or so before you go in if piss is at room temp

InvisibleUncleFester
Lord Moldy-Butt
Male

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: botha]
    #21796138 - 06/12/15 05:58 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Pretty good answer, I do most of those while I'm baked anyways lmao

--------------------

Offlinevoodoochild1000
psychonautic
 User Gallery

Loc: Cascades! Flag
    #21796650 - 06/12/15 09:50 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Hike:bigyesnod:

--------------------
....."So Great!"....-Me on 1.5mg LSD :vibin:

...."We don't need this" -Larkin in response to my "just picked wild LSD!" post:canthelpbutlaugh:

OfflineKingKnowledge
Around
Male

Loc: East Coast
Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: voodoochild1000] * 1
    #21797201 - 06/12/15 12:12 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

OP,

If your mind is used to being high all the time, it will take a while for your hedonic base levels to return to normal. In other words, your high-self is so used to getting pleasure from just sitting there being high without any real stimulation/activity, so when you stop getting high, you're going to feel abnormally depressed and bored.

In my experience, this takes several weeks to go away, depending on how long you were smoking for. The best way to help it is to do activities and exercise. Go on a hike, work out, go bowling, see friends, play an instrument.

Patience.

OfflineTrippieHunter
Swagger of a cripple

Loc: Your mums house!
Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: KingKnowledge]
    #21797502 - 06/12/15 01:17 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I've been feeling just like you bro! What I have found in the past week though is smoke less. I can manage being sober for most of the day if I smoke a bowl

in the morning when I get up and then not again till evening time. I've been feeling a lot better since trying this. Before I would sit here and smoke

bowl after bowl, I didn't even feel high anymore.

--------------------
Just remember keep the camera rolling and
FILM THE POLICE!!! CLICK ME

WHO'S SIDE ARE YOU ON? CLICK ME TOO!

Let it go and you will trip into wonderland!

OfflineSupachopped719
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: TrippieHunter]
    #21798448 - 06/12/15 04:44 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TrippieHunter said:
I've been feeling just like you bro! What I have found in the past week though is smoke less. I can manage being sober for most of the day if I smoke a bowl

in the morning when I get up and then not again till evening time. I've been feeling a lot better since trying this. Before I would sit here and smoke

bowl after bowl, I didn't even feel high anymore.

I'm the same way now but if I'm gonna smoke it's gotta be at night or I'll just turn into a slug and want to smoke again all day long.

I have recently cut back from dabs all day every day, like three dabs before I even hop I the shower in the morning. Dabbing on the toilet while I'm shitting. Just dabbed out in general.

I took a t-break of 3 weeks, almost a month but Sunday was sooooo beautiful and this really good DEAD song came on and I just had to take a bong rip.  Now I'm treating weed like a psychedelic. Where I'm taking at least a weeks break in between sessions and only smoking for special occasions like birthdays or holidays or shows. Or just a planned off day where I wanna sit and think.

--------------------
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies.

OfflineGoldenEye
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: Supachopped719] * 1
    #21798493 - 06/12/15 04:52 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

It's not socially acceptable to admit that you never have fun. So people fake it. Having fun while being sober is the biggest scam. It never actually happens.

OfflineKingKnowledge
Around
Male

Loc: East Coast
Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: GoldenEye]
    #21798528 - 06/12/15 04:58 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

GoldenEye said:
It's not socially acceptable to admit that you never have fun. So people fake it. Having fun while being sober is the biggest scam. It never actually happens.

I beg to differ. Have you ever bowled? Fun as shit.

OfflineGoldenEye
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: KingKnowledge]
    #21798800 - 06/12/15 05:55 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Not as fun as moonlight bowling on acid.

OfflineSupachopped719
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: GoldenEye]
    #21798881 - 06/12/15 06:10 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

GoldenEye said:
Not as fun as moonlight bowling on acid.

Around here they call it cosmic bowling, assuming we are talking about the same thing.

And I have always wanted to go on a tab or two. It would be perfect.

--------------------
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies.

InvisibleUncleFester
Lord Moldy-Butt
Male

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: voodoochild1000]
    #21798891 - 06/12/15 06:13 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

voodoochild1000 said:
Hike:bigyesnod:

Hiking in Miami :whatwhatwhat:, the only thing that comes close to hiking is walking to the mall and hoping you don't get your face mauled by a guy on bathsalts which in this case would be a substitute for a bear XD

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #21799270 - 06/12/15 07:45 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Im in the same position.

I quit weed about 4 weeks ago, and its hard not to blaze up. Im trying to get a job too.

Ive been taaking on new hobbies and posting a ton on shroomery.

Also, theres this stuff ive been trying to buy in my town. Its legal herbal blend. NOT spice/synthetic THC. Nope. Just a blend of herbs. They sell by the ounce. Its no weed high, but u can feel a high. Better than nothing :shrug:

So far, my town doesnt carry it. So off to eBay! they got everything :yesnod:

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #21800624 - 06/13/15 03:18 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Disclaimer: I've only read the OP.

So, what you're describing is referred to in the medical literature as "anhedonia", which means the absence of pleasure. If you use drugs heavily and regularly, changes happen in your brain, regardless of which specific drug you're using.

You see, beyond your typical 5 senses, you have quite a few more. One of these is your "pleasure sense". In simplified terms, in the dopamine reward system in your brain, there is a certain threshold of dopamine release that is necessary for something to register as pleasurable. For example, you eat some chocolate cake: your brain releases dopamine and, if it crosses the current threshold, you brain registers it and says "That was good. Do it again."

Where this comes into play with drug abuse is the fact that this pleasure threshold can be increased and decreased, based on a variety of factors. The key causes of addiction, according to current research, are: A genetic predisposition, and extraordinary stress. This stress component appears to be critical. You can have a person with a heavy genetic burden for addiction who drinks or smokes weed, or whatever, his whole life in purely recreational quantities. Or, you can have someone that has a very small genetic burden who ends up an alcoholic or a dope fiend. Why is this?

The answer lies in the stress response and the dopamine reward system. As I mentioned earlier, your brain's threshold for what counts as a reward can be altered based on external, and internal, conditions.

So, when a person experiences sustained and extraordinary stress (clinical depression, PTSD, anxiety/panic attacks, or simply extraordinary external stress), the brain will eventually attempt to rememdy this using its last, and most potent, tool: altering the pleasure thereshold.

So, this happens, and all of a sudden things for you simply are not how they used to be. You find no pleasure in things that used to make you happy. What this is, is your brain responding to extreme stress by pushing you to go and find something, anything, that will relieve your stress.

If that something happens to be a substance, some things can go wrong that cause substance dependence. Initially, you'll seek the substance because it makes you feel good. It gives you a big, fat dump of dopamine in your reward system. Recall that this is precisely what the brain was driving you to find: something to relieve the stress.

I've gone far deeper than maybe I should have for this question, so I'll try to wrap it up quickly. At this point in the process, if you continue using the substance to alleviate your stress, certain changes will occur in the brain. These changes occur in the mesolimbic dopamine system, and specifically in the midbrain.

The midbrain is the part of the brain that is responsible for survival. It's the most basic part of your brain that tells you "Eat, Sleep, Fuck". When somebody has developed full-blown substance dependence, the need for that substance gets written  onto the midbrain. It becomes tagged at the survival level. This is why even the most well-intentioned addicts relapse. Their brain is feeding a compulsion as strong as if you had not eaten for days.

However, the good news is that you can overcome this. While this will never truly go away, it would be like forgetting you have to eat, it does diminish over time if you stay consistent. Every single time you get a craving and deny it, you are physically building new neural pathways in your brain that are contrary to your addict behavior.

Every time you want to get high, but don't, it becomes just a little bit easier next time.

So, the practical result of this is that when you first start taking drugs, you're going to feel like shit for awhile. You'll feel like nothing is fun or pleasurable or really worth doing. However, this is an effect of that altered perception of pleasure that your brain has. If you abstain for a few months, it will return to its normal state, and you'll be able to enjoy normal, every day things again.

Wow, I may not have needed to type all that for this post, but I got carried away.

--------------------

Edited by LSDreamer (06/13/15 03:21 AM)

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #21800730 - 06/13/15 04:27 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

UncleFester said:

Well, there's your problem right there.  What idiot even APPLIES for a job they know involves a drug test that ALSO they know they will fail.  REALLY???  You just set yourself up for failure, buddy.  Clearly, your own efforts at obtaining a job don't even rise to the level of half-hearted.

Boredom is from having too much time on your hands, and is often secondarily complicated by not having any money or contrast in your life.  People who WORK have something to look forward to.  A paycheck and leisure time activities they can afford to spend money on like hobbies, just to give one example.

Grow the fuck up, get a REAL job, contribute something, and you won't find life quite so boring that you have to amuse yourself by going through it half-consciously and perpetually stoned for your own amusement.

:facepalm:            :facepalm:            :facepalm:

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: MagicalOrangutan] * 1
    #21800742 - 06/13/15 04:33 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MagicalOrangutan said:
Sit around and think about stupid shit and watch TV, that's what realistic people of all sorts do, sober or not lol

Bullshit.  Sober people with jobs do all kinds of beautiful, amazing things with their time and money...like volunteering at a hospital, giving money to charity, feeding the homeless, caring for lost or abandoned animals at a shelter...the list of positive, life-affirming things you can do is fucking endless.  Any human being of any merit is not sitting around idle "doing stupid things" as you suggest.

Drug use (ANY drug) should be the spice in your life, not the main course taken three times daily.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineGelapMata
Stranger
Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: Nature Boy] * 1
    #21800876 - 06/13/15 05:57 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

YOGA. READING. WRITING. DRAWING. PAINTING. MAGICK. GARDENING. TRAVEL. MUSIC. COOKING

Curious Cat
Male

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: GelapMata]
    #21802881 - 06/13/15 03:48 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah basically if I were to stop trying to pad the dudes feelings, grow up and work hard and find some hobbies.

One thing you've all been missing however, is that sex with beautiful women is the only true thing to make a man happy. Most people who post on this kinda forum are Aspergers losers who never step out of the house so I can't speak from experience, but still

--------------------

It's all in the mind

InvisibleUncleFester
Lord Moldy-Butt
Male

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: Nature Boy] * 1
    #21805265 - 06/14/15 08:17 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
Quote:

UncleFester said:

Well, there's your problem right there.  What idiot even APPLIES for a job they know involves a drug test that ALSO they know they will fail.  REALLY???  You just set yourself up for failure, buddy.  Clearly, your own efforts at obtaining a job don't even rise to the level of half-hearted.

Boredom is from having too much time on your hands, and is often secondarily complicated by not having any money or contrast in your life.  People who WORK have something to look forward to.  A paycheck and leisure time activities they can afford to spend money on like hobbies, just to give one example.

Grow the fuck up, get a REAL job, contribute something, and you won't find life quite so boring that you have to amuse yourself by going through it half-consciously and perpetually stoned for your own amusement.

:facepalm:            :facepalm:            :facepalm:

N.B.

Which is why I passed with clean urine... Also start work on Monday at 7am.. :doublefacepalm:

I'm not even gonna come back at you with negative remarks.. I know your point is to just grow up and deal with it but damn you really have to out of your way and say things like "half-consciously and perpetually stoned for your own amusement."? The old me would've told you to go suck off your boss, but what would be the point of that? We still wouldn't even be having good vibes with each other. I know you're trying to be encouraging on some levels but at the same time it just feels like your venting on me. Just sounds like you're being kinda a dick dude. I'm working on my own things and I'm going sober now so I can progress a little more until I'm a little bit more capable of having some leisure in life but as for now I'm going to be helping out my family with the money I'm going to be earning because I know it would soften up the harshness of those bills

Well like that's just like your opinion man..
:thedude:

But anyways I hope everything is okay in your life. Don't forget to breathe in the air.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #21805300 - 06/14/15 08:34 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

very mature of you :thumbup:

I think you're ready :yesnod:

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

InvisibleUncleFester
Lord Moldy-Butt
Male

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: LSDreamer]
    #21805426 - 06/14/15 09:13 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

LSDreamer that was a 10/10 post would read again and refer others with similar problems to read it in the future. I truly appreciate the time it took you to write that out. +5:mushroomgrow:

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

#21805430 - 06/14/15 09:15 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

UncleFester said:

Well, to see how I reached my opinion of you one needs only to refer to your original post.  Lets see:

1)  Unemployed. I would guess that's been a long-term thing, meaning you're mooching off family and/or one or more government "entitlements."
2)  Stoned EVERY day.
3)  Applied for a job that requires drug testing, but lacked the desire and/or willpower to abstain.
4) Can't even envision the myriad of activities of life apart from getting/being stoned.
5) Would chose getting stoned over a meaningful, loving encounter with another human.
6) Honestly worried that you have such weak willpower that you couldn't resist the temptation of heroin.

Yeah, you're a catch alright.  :facepalm:

N.B.

--------------------

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#21805438 - 06/14/15 09:20 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

UncleFester said:
LSDreamer that was a 10/10 post would read again and refer others with similar problems to read it in the future. I truly appreciate the time it took you to write that out. +5:mushroomgrow:

Happy to help where I can. Don't let people get you down about your situation, like that guy ^ who seems to think shame is an effective way to motivate change. It isn't. You do need to want to change your situation for it to change, but beating yourself up about it isn't going to help.

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

#21805596 - 06/14/15 10:11 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Truth is like a mirror with no frame.  Some don't see it at all, some do, but don't like what they see.

N.B.

--------------------

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: Nature Boy]
    #21805602 - 06/14/15 10:16 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
Truth is like a mirror with no frame.  Some don't see it at all, some do, but don't like what they see.

N.B.

I'm just going off the research that's been done in motivating people. Shame just doesn't seem to work. In addiction in particular.

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

#21805732 - 06/14/15 10:59 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I retired after spending many years of my medical career in a surgical specialty where people ate and/or smoked themselves into the need for surgery.  For years in advance of performing the penultimate revascularization or amputation, I warned patients that they could either be a two-legged non-smoker or a one-legged (or no-legged!) smoker.

Sadly, I was never at a loss for business.  What does THAT tell you about human nature and addiction?  What it tells me I've already written.  People just are unwilling or unable to see the truth of their situation, and the harshest truths told to them BLUNTLY and in good faith don't always change behavior.

In some small percentage of cases (and I hope with all my hearty the OP is one of them) bluntly telling them the path they are on is taking them to a bad place DOES succeed in waking them up to the reality of their situation.

Not all harsh words are intended to hurt.  Sometimes there is a good outcome.

N.B.

--------------------

Invisiblepaperbackwriter
Edward Lear

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: Nature Boy] * 2
    #21805828 - 06/14/15 11:32 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

It tells me surgeons aren't trained therapist's capable of helping people reevaluate their maladaptive (short term) coping mechanisms.

UncleFester, exercise is good.  Burns a lot of energy and helps regulate reward systems in the brain (i.e. runner's high).  Helped me a lot when I quit smoking.

This time of year I like to go mushroom hunting too :smile:  Just edibles, no actives grow here.

--------------------
Why should we strive with cynic frown
To knock their fairy castles down?  ~ Eliza Cook

It's rather embarrassing to have given one's entire life to pondering the human predicament and to find that in the end one has little more to say than, 'Try to be a little kinder.' ~Aldous Huxley

InvisibleUncleFester
Lord Moldy-Butt
Male

#21806468 - 06/14/15 01:06 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Ugh..
1)You don't even know how old I am. I'm unemployed because I couldn't find a good job but I was still paying for bills and helping out with money that I had to pull out of my ass (in a matter speaking).

2):burn:

3)Do you really think I can just extract all the THC out of my body in 2 days? No sad to say, I had to cheat to pass but fuck it, it's just weed am I right? I wasn't lacking will power because I took a least day off of it because I wanted to see what being sober would feel like to me and I smoked a bowl the next day because I already realized there's no point in quitting cold turkey if I was going to have to cheat anyways.

4) I've done other things when I'm not stoned like side jobs and other activities. But that's something off of my personal time. I enjoy being stoned a lot so why can't I have my fun at home?

5)Where the fuck did you even pull that one from?:facepalm: Dude you don't even know if I'm a virgin or not so wtf? Although, I'm not a virgin if it matters to you.

6)I've never met someone who's tried heroin and been like "Hmm that was ok but I'm not going to do it again" Heroin is addicting and I say I wouldn't want to try it because I'm scared of becoming addicted to it. With my history of depression, I feel as if it would ruin my life. So it's not that I don't have willpower it's just that I don't want to try it.

Stop speaking out of your ass and read my thread. Don't just skim through it..

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

#21807161 - 06/14/15 04:51 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

My reading comprehension is excellent, and my list is merely distilled from your own words, which I quoted for you since I suspected you would be too lazy to go back and re-read, or attempt to deny.  Every item on that list was simply taken from your own words...albeit made more articulate.

In fact, your response above is what makes no sense.  Where did you get the whole "virgin" thing.  You wrote (more or less) that given a choice between smoking a bowl and getting laid, you would chose to smoke.  Evidently you are too stoned even now to make sense out of your own words.  Put the bowl down, look in the mirror and see yourself as others see you.

N.B.

--------------------

InvisibleUncleFester
Lord Moldy-Butt
Male

#21807347 - 06/14/15 05:40 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Where are you getting this from? Can you please quote me? I would definitely choose sex over a toke any day of the year.. In fact I've said the other day to a friend of mine that if I had a girlfriend I probably wouldn't smoke so much as I would want to take her out to dinner/movies/etc.

Out of all those bullets you made this is the only one you can come back to me about? It's in my opinion the least important and the most irrelevant.

I haven't smoked in 2 days, and you're just being so rude... Why would you even reply if you don't have anything nice to say man. Sure you may have a much better vocabulary than I do but you're just bragging and being a smart ass about it.
Dude put down the mirrors and let some air out of that ego.

If you're really that interested in arguing with me over the Internet I suggest a new hobby. If not just try to be nice person because going back and forward with you all day isn't something I find amusing.

Quote:

UncleFester said: I honestly wish I was smoking a bowl right now, in fact I've been thinking more about taking a drag than sex today. The ratio of herb to sex thoughts in my brain are at 7:3 if that makes any kind of sense to you.

Quote:

Nature Boy said: You wrote (more or less) that given a choice between smoking a bowl and getting laid, you would chose to smoke.  Evidently you are too stoned even now to make sense out of your own words.  Put the bowl down, look in the mirror and see yourself as others see you.

N.B.

More or less is bullshit man. You missunderstood what I said. Sex and sex thoughts aren't the same. And it's my first time not smoking in about 3 years so could you really blame me if I'm thinking of my herb of choice more than sex? Especially on the day that I gave it up.

Peace.

Edited by UncleFester (06/14/15 08:11 PM)

OfflineTrippieHunter
Swagger of a cripple

#21807616 - 06/14/15 06:55 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Congrats on the job, I hope that you succeed. As far as Nature Boy goes you have to look at him like he is Spock from Star Trek. He doesn't have bad

intentions he is just giving his 2 cents in a very truthful manner, which can also comes off as harsh.

--------------------

InvisibleUncleFester
Lord Moldy-Butt
Male

#21807900 - 06/14/15 08:02 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TrippieHunter said:
Congrats on the job, I hope that you succeed. As far as Nature Boy goes you have to look at him like he is Spock from Star Trek. He doesn't have bad

intentions he is just giving his 2 cents in a very truthful manner, which can also comes off as harsh.

Thanks for the kind words bro

I know he's trying help which is why I don't want to insult him, but it's just coming off as an unpleasant conversation and he's just calling me out on things I said (more or less)  without really understanding 100% and not only that but making loosely based assumptions of what my life is like. I don't mean to go off on the guy, but I just don't like having someone telling me I'm probably mooching off the government or my family or that I have no will power and need to look in the mirror and realize how much of a fuck up I am. That's just not how you talk to people.

--------------------

Curious Cat
Male

#21808552 - 06/14/15 10:21 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Nature boy, no offense but your egotistical nature not only is decreasing my level of respect for you, but it embarrasses psychedelic users who are supposed to be free of ego or at least not holier than thou type people. I'm that close to giving you a zero shroom rating truthfully..

And yes, I mention NB's ego because that's what this is all about, his comments aren't meant to help anyone in the first place but to inflate himself because he likes hearing himself talk

Other than that, I do really enjoy reading his intelligent posts

--------------------

It's all in the mind

Invisiblepaperbackwriter
Edward Lear

#21809892 - 06/15/15 09:31 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I like hearing myself talk too.  Just prefer that I hear nice things come out of my mouth!

Seriously Nature Boy, I think you are trying to help but you can't do any good once someone's defenses are up.  Have to try a more delicate and supportive approach.

Also I don't see UncleFester the way you do.  I smoke pot everyday and don't see anything wrong with it.  I think you jumped to a lot of conclusions about someone based on a few paragraphs they wrote and I don't think that's really fair.

UncleFester asked for some ideas on things to do other than smoke weed.  Their reasons for doing this are their own and I know giving up any of our favorite things even for a short amount of time can be hard.  They didn't ask to be beat in the head with the shame stick and told what a terrible unproductive member of society they are because they smoke weed and weren't working.

A little kindness goes a long way.  Try it sometime!  You may be surprised :mushroom2:

--------------------

It's rather embarrassing to have given one's entire life to pondering the human predicament and to find that in the end one has little more to say than, 'Try to be a little kinder.' ~Aldous Huxley

OfflineCujllickduo
Male

Loc: England Flag
Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: paperbackwriter]
    #21811040 - 06/15/15 02:50 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

musics a good thing to do when your sober but every body wants to get high not all the time its espically great when youve got a good circle of friends an family thats can make not being high great. i dont have that so i like to listen to music alot have a game on the ps3 or do some wood work, ride my bike, gardening idk whateva suits you best cookings a nice thing to do aswell. when im not sober a good drink is well deserved and some shrooms i can get hold of some same with Lsd. recently moved house which means ive gotta find a new connect :frown:

OfflineLiquidVisions
Consumes Psychoactive Material
 User Gallery

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: Cujllickduo] * 1
    #21811216 - 06/15/15 03:38 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Kratom, meditate, draw, write, read. Basically expand my mind without doing drugs. Besides Kratom..

--------------------
Step 1: Stare at this for 30 seconds

Step 2: Look at this after following step one

Step 3: Enjoy the mini trip :trippinbawelz:

Offlinefetalscab
 User Gallery

Loc: not quite sure? Flag
Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: LiquidVisions]
    #21811412 - 06/15/15 04:33 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

So I'm sober now. And it took a long time to get used to it I'm the last person anyone thought would get sober. Anyway. I am pretty in to being a dad, gardening, eating dank ass food, cooking, and I have gotten into vaping too. I can't even smoke weed anymore. Freaks my shit out. Drugs don't even appeal to me anymore. I eat kratom still on very rare occasions but that's it. Never recreationally only for pain. To be honest. I can't say I am happier but I feel more stable and healthy and sane, happiness comes in waves. I'm not unhappy though. Perhaps it's just a different kind of happiness. Paranoia and drug induced psychosis ruined me. And while I may not be having as much instant gratification, I am present in areas of my life that were always more important but that I never appreciated. And I guess that is something that I am not willing to give up.  I do miss the taste of wax though lol

--------------------
The mind is a bright blue sky
Clouds are thoughts and feelings floating by
You have them but you are not them
Whatever you do
Don't let them have you

InvisibleMalcolm_Xtasy
Oh baby what Is you doin??
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #21812024 - 06/15/15 07:20 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MagicalOrangutan said:
Yeah basically if I were to stop trying to pad the dudes feelings, grow up and work hard and find some hobbies.

One thing you've all been missing however, is that sex with beautiful women is the only true thing to make a man happy. Most people who post on this kinda forum are Aspergers losers who never step out of the house so I can't speak from experience, but still

Speak for yourself Fuckboy!

--------------------
I'm stupid, Enlil is smart.
I'm ugly, Enlil is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Enlil is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Enlil but secretly know I never will.

OfflineYaMoonSun
The Double Standard

Loc: NY
    #21812608 - 06/15/15 09:41 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

That's the .gif I made using ffmpeg and posted on a youtube comment, no? You can tell from the lack of dithering. Didn't feel like downloading photoshop

OfflineTurtletotem
Dutch Delight
 User Gallery

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: GelapMata] * 1
    #21813176 - 06/16/15 12:53 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

GelapMata said:
YOGA. READING. WRITING. DRAWING. PAINTING. MAGICK. GARDENING. TRAVEL. MUSIC. COOKING

I can confirm cooking is a great replacement for weed.
When I started getting sober on a frequent basis (haha), my cooking skills grew exponentially.
Also, food. Good, healthy food. It'll make you feel bettah!

--------------------

InvisibleUncleFester
Lord Moldy-Butt
Male

#21813737 - 06/16/15 08:27 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidVisions said:
Kratom, meditate, draw, write, read. Basically expand my mind without doing drugs. Besides Kratom..

Isn't kratom a bit pricey? I've looked into cultivation but apparently the seeds don't stay good long enough to ship

--------------------

InvisibleMalcolm_Xtasy
Oh baby what Is you doin??
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #21813868 - 06/16/15 09:19 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Being sober isn't horrible. Besides the occasional beer, i haven't really been partaking that much. I'm just now starting to realize how much weed was dulling me out over these last couple years. I don't think I'll ever give up smoking forever, but toking up everyday isn't the way to go if you wanna lead a productive life. I know someone is gonna come in here and say they're a rocket scientist and billionaire philanthropist while dabbing every 30 seconds.. but for me personally weed was killing my motivation and making me content just doing nothing.

Give it a couple weeks off man. You'll thank yourself later

--------------------
I'm stupid, Enlil is smart.
I'm ugly, Enlil is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Enlil is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Enlil but secretly know I never will.

OfflineLiquidVisions
 User Gallery

#21814181 - 06/16/15 11:05 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Well if a gram of weed is around $10-$20 depending on where you live. A good strong ounce of Kratom is $15. It will get you high about 6-7 times depending on how you dose so I think its cheaper than weed.

--------------------

Edited by LiquidVisions (06/16/15 11:50 AM)

Invisiblemadmodder
Up to no good

Loc: fuk zone
    #21814240 - 06/16/15 11:34 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

100$ kilo of kratom is 200 5g doses, so 2 kilos is 400 days of straight dosing at only 200$

--------------------

>

[__________________________]

OfflineLiquidVisions
 User Gallery

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: madmodder]
    #21814282 - 06/16/15 11:53 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Well damn there you go. I think its worth it in my opinion but I don't use it everyday maybe twice a week, three times a week. I think that op should teach himself sobriety and if op feels like caving in badly use kratom as a substitute. I once had to quit weed for 6 months because of a substance abuse program that I was forced into. It wasn't that bad I did mushrooms for the first time and realized that I don't need weed to be happy. It was a breeze. Now I only sometimes use cannabis.

--------------------

InvisibleUncleFester
Lord Moldy-Butt
Male

#21815124 - 06/16/15 03:24 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LiquidVisions said:
Well damn there you go. I think its worth it in my opinion but I don't use it everyday maybe twice a week, three times a week. I think that op should teach himself sobriety and if op feels like caving in badly use kratom as a substitute. I once had to quit weed for 6 months because of a substance abuse program that I was forced into. It wasn't that bad I did mushrooms for the first time and realized that I don't need weed to be happy. It was a breeze. Now I only sometimes use cannabis.

Quote:

madmodder said:
100$ kilo of kratom is 200 5g doses, so 2 kilos is 400 days of straight dosing at only 200$

Sounds pretty worth it honestly but I'll try Kratom some other time in the future. I've been sober for 3days so far and between work and the girl I'm talking to intimately I haven't had the time to think about smoking or milking the cow. She's against drugs and drinking (which I stay off the booze anyways, I used to be the liquor randy, but not anymore not after last new years party) it's been just sleep/work/on the phone with her and a movie here and there. Was watching nightcrawler and it was worth watching

You guys have been great, even Nature Boy. Seriously I love Shroomery and it's members the good, the bad and the silly.

CONTEST ALERT!
Name your favorite Tool song and if it's my favorite TOOL song as well, I'll give you a months membership. Contest ends 24 hours from when this is posted.
Btw sorry if I'm a bit late to announce the winner. Good luck!

Edited by UncleFester (06/16/15 07:32 PM)

OfflineTrippieHunter
Swagger of a cripple

#21815631 - 06/16/15 05:16 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

How do you dose 5g of kratom? Sorry for my ignorance I have never used kratom except in a pill form years ago and it didn't do shit.

--------------------

OfflineLiquidVisions
 User Gallery

#21816019 - 06/16/15 06:46 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I go by table spoons really. You can measure it out but I just take a heaping table spoon for sedation. A heaping teaspoon for stimulation.

--------------------

Invisiblemadmodder
Up to no good

Loc: fuk zone
    #21816041 - 06/16/15 06:51 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Tool - Sober :ducklol:

--------------------

>

[__________________________]

Offlinemothamaruti
Stranger

#21817603 - 06/17/15 03:06 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Kratom is a brilliant and safer substitute for cannabis. It's safer cause lesser chances of psychosis on it. Personally I don't find it addictive and use it once or twice every week, but the day after use I feel a little sleepy, maybe cause I take a sedative dose.

OfflineRebelutionsssss
Mdmazing

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: mothamaruti]
    #21817629 - 06/17/15 03:20 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Lateralus

--------------------
:
To define is to confine.

OfflineFilterhead462
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: Rebelutionsssss]
    #21817643 - 06/17/15 03:26 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Lateralus by far!
Have the album cover tattooed on my arm

--------------------

We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion

OfflineRebelutionsssss
Mdmazing

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: Filterhead462]
    #21817646 - 06/17/15 03:27 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Fuck ya dude that's sick!

--------------------
:
To define is to confine.

InvisibleUncleFester
Lord Moldy-Butt
Male

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: Filterhead462]
    #21818154 - 06/17/15 08:23 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Josh-v said:
Lateralus by far!
Have the album cover tattooed on my arm

pretty sick bro but since there's already someone who said lateralus I'll give you another chance. Any guess is as good as the other but repeats are first come first serve.:thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblepaperbackwriter
Edward Lear

#21818665 - 06/17/15 11:18 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Kratom is addictive isn't it?  Maybe not a good substitute for weed?

Hmm..  favorite Tool song.  Pushit.  If I have to specify a version the live one off Salival.

Do I win?

--------------------

OfflineShroomsandstuff
Stranger
    #21818700 - 06/17/15 11:27 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MagicalOrangutan said:

You can't BE Aspergers smh. You can HAVE it. PEople who call people by their disease sound retarded. Notice how I said you sound retarded, not that you ARE retardism.

Invisiblepaperbackwriter
Edward Lear

Re: What do sober people do for fun? [Re: Shroomsandstuff]
    #21818940 - 06/17/15 12:26 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomsandstuff said:
Quote:

MagicalOrangutan said:

You can't BE Aspergers smh. You can HAVE it. PEople who call people by their disease sound retarded. Notice how I said you sound retarded, not that you ARE retardism.

:facepalm:

--------------------

InvisibleUncleFester
Lord Moldy-Butt
Male

#21819573 - 06/17/15 04:03 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Contest winner will be announced at 5:30pm EST
Quote:

madmodder said:
Tool - Sober :ducklol:

Lmao ayyy you won by default!! No one guessed right but then again only about 3 people even tried.
Lateralus and Pushit are great songs. I couldn't decide between hooker with a Penis or Enema but if anyone said those first it would have been a tie breaker.

Anyways enjoy the months subscription MadModder, thanks for playing along. Hope everyone has a a great day.

/Thread

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf