Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Lost in Fantasy World
    #2178727 - 12/15/03 05:03 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Is anyone else like me, in that they always talk about things they're going to do someday--some distant day in the future--but never get around to actually doing it? It's a mix of procrastination and wishful thinking. I keep talking about how I'm going to get a band together, and I'm always fantasizing about how we're going to be so great and we'll have perfect chemistry so we jam together great. But I never take any steps to get that band started. It's mostly due to procrastination, but I'm thinking maybe it's cuz it's so much better in my fantasy world than it will probably turn out to be in real life. It's kind of the same thing when it comes to girls, too. The ones I meet in real life don't meet the standards of my perfect fantasy girl. I'm not sure what I'm trying to achieve with this post. I don't think I'm really looking for advice. Maybe just someone who can relate and maybe offer their personal insight? I dunno.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: Lost in Fantasy World [Re: silversoul7]
    #2178805 - 12/15/03 05:30 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

What are you filling your time with that is more important than chasing your dreams?

Its all about time.

You have to sacrifice your time to work towards your dreams.

If you don't, you will never build anything.

Then, you must think about teamwork.  You want to start a band, you are building a team.  You have to be a leader.  You have to lead by example: determination, dedication, focus.  Persistence and devotion.  Be honest and create trust.  Whats the worst that can happen?  Before you die you can say: "Hey, at least I tried".

vague advice, but thats all i got :sun:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2178809 - 12/15/03 05:31 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

bands are hard work. well..not always.. but it's like a girl.. you have to nurture the relationship or else it will turn to hell.

But stop dreaming, and find someone to jam with. It's as easy as talking to people.. lots of people play guitar.. jam with a few until you find someone you click with.

I have a problem being lazy and unmotivated too. What gets me off my ass is usually incetive to do something. Like booking shows.. I could just sit around, and wait for them to fall in my lap, but that never happens..so you have to go out there and get in the dirt and do it. What's my motivation? I dont know.. the adrenaline rush of playing on stage.. the meeting people.. the getting out there and doing it.. it's certainly not the money..not yet..

Fact is the fantasy world is usually better, but that's because you usually never actually make the fantasy a reality. The Real World takes actual work.. in fantasy mode you can just be there. I can't count how many times I've dreamt of touring the US in a van, signing to a record label, playing to stadiums full of screaming fans.. but that doesn't happen out of nowhere.. ya gotta work your ass off for it (most of us anyway... /me mumbles something incoherent about rich boys that daddy buys them into the business with a studio and a world tour and getting famous in a week even though you suck ass...)

So in essence, what pattern said... time and dedication.
You have all the power to make fantasy a reality. Absolutely. I have already done it for myself in many ways. It takes a lot of work. I still have one major fantasy I need to obtain.. but I am well on my way.. and I got there by working my ASS OFF

So..in a nutshell... if you want your fantasies to come true.. you have to make them come true, by taking every logical step in that direction, one at a time. Or you can just live in fantasy world, whichever is your preferance.

Invisiblelostnthought
Stranger
Loc: outerspace dude
Re: Lost in Fantasy World [Re: Shroomism]
    #2179821 - 12/15/03 04:17 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i to have some of those "pipe dreams" i like to call them. i am a very depressed person. i live life day by day. but as for goals i just try to set one for something i know i can acomplish in a matter of months. if i dont i will just let it go down the drain and come up with a new scheme. i would say i consider all my golas money motivated. so i do get most of them done.

but as i like to say: my modo is "procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday." good luck man.

--------------------
that cracka dont want no jive!

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2180035 - 12/15/03 05:30 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I've felt that exact same way about the career I want. It took me a while and ALOT of support from my friends to go thru with it. I'm doing it now. I still have doubts about being 'good enough' but I'm learning to use that to my advantage. To prove to myself that I CAN do it. It gives me a goal for myself to achieve. If you want to, get out there and do it. What you need is people to tell you constantly, to be on your back about it and get you to do it. That's what it took me. You can do anything you put your mind to. Prove it to yourself if it's something you are interested in pursuing.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#2180177 - 12/15/03 06:45 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

That's my life story... I won't be modest, I know I'm very talented and creative. But I don't believe in anything and I choose to just not get on the plane because I'm afraid it will crash. Fuck me.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2180716 - 12/15/03 09:47 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

More is lost by indecision than the wrong decision.

I find that I don't have to be perfect in every project I do, so long as I am creating.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Lost in Fantasy World [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2181082 - 12/15/03 11:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You are so true. I usually think about wether or not I want to do something so long that I never do anything at all.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlineagm4688
Reeses Pieces
    #2182797 - 12/16/03 04:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

everything you said matches exactly what i'm going through. i have no idea at all what to do, sorry.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2182975 - 12/16/03 05:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

If you really want to get the band together, do it right now. Start getting the band together.

Put an ad in the newspaper looking for people, practice, write songs. Call up your friends who can play and convince them to join.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Lost in Fantasy World [Re: Phluck]
    #2183980 - 12/16/03 11:06 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The songs I've got no problem with. I have like 4 or 5 notebooks full of songs. Unfortunately, the only friend I have around here that plays an instrument(bass) is a beginner, and he only likes to play reggae.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#2184800 - 12/17/03 09:56 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Put an ad in a newspaper. How big is your town?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Lost in Fantasy World [Re: Phluck]
    #2185713 - 12/17/03 06:13 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Pretty small. Actually, I was thinking of posting flyers around some of the dorms. Of course, finding a drummer may require looking off-campus.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being