Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Best distortion pedal? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2178654 - 12/15/03 04:35 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

here's my advice.

Buy a footswitch for your amp, or put the money for the pedal towards a better amp(one with a footswitch) Distortion/overdrive pedals will never ever sound as good as a well tweaked tube amp. What kind of amp do you have anyway? Maybe you can special order a footswitch for it...that'd probably be about 40-50 bucks.

Bottom line is that a guitar players most important piece of equipment is probably his AMP! You can have a mediocre amp and a amazing guitar and it will just sound ok, but a good amp and a mediocre guitar together can sound amazing. So, you should really invest that money in getting a new amp in the future. Don't get a line 6 though those things aren't that great(but maybe i'm just biased against the whole "modeling amp fad" i dunno) anyway...crates are pretty bad too...Get a tube amp such as a fender, marshall, or a mesa boogie. Do some online/in store testing to find out what suits your tastes...

If you do get a pedal i would also recomend the tube screamer. They are by far the best i've heard. I have a metal zone pedal, but i never use it anymore it's to lifeless and stiff and sounds cheesy compared to my amps distortion. That's just my opinion though...i suppose if you REALLy wanted to buy one i could sell you mine complete with box and book for $45 dollars. It's in fine condition. let me know...

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Best distortion pedal? [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #2178676 - 12/15/03 04:43 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

My amp is a Peavey Transtube Audition 110. I hear everyone say how great natural tube amp distortion is, but I don't think the distortion on my amp is all that great. By the way, there's no way of my saving this money towars something else cuz it's not my money we're talking about here. It's a Christmas present.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Best distortion pedal? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2178721 - 12/15/03 05:00 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Well in that case i guess you should go down to guitar center and test some pedals out. also check this place out http://www.harmony-central.com/ that site has thousands of reviews of assorted effects, guitars, amps..etc. They also have a kick ass message board filled with a shitload of bad ass musicians and pros who would definetly give you plenty of advice as far as choosing equipment goes. Whenever i buy something new i ussually read some reviews and then test it out at a music shop. Theres also companies like American musical supply where you can order certain products and test them out and send them back if you don't like them, but that probably won't help you to much in this paticular situation.

by the way i do have that metal zone if you want it. But i still say tubescreamers are better!

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media