Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCatharsis
boobs
finding a place to trip
    #2177500 - 12/14/03 06:03 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I don't expect anyone to really be able to help me, but I'm posting this on the slim chance that someone might think of somehting I have not. Me and a couple of friends are planning on tripping on mushrooms some time during the christmas holiday (lots of free time, no school related stress.) The other two would be first timers, and I've only tripped about 2 other times, however one of my friends (due to a family history of schizophrenia) will probably not trip and just serve as a trip sitter, and I really cannot blame him for that. Anyways, we need a comfortable place to trip at, preferably someone's house, but the chances of having anyone's parent's gone for like 8 hours is pretty slim. So, we basically need an environment that would be suitable for tripping. Outdoors isn't really an option for long periods of time, since we live in Canada and our winters are incredibly cold. We don;t have a car, either, and the chances of finding antoher friend's house that would be suitable is not likely, either. I know it's highly unrealistic to find anywhere that would be all that appropriate, but if anyone does have an ideas I would be glad to hear them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: finding a place to trip [Re: Catharsis]
    #2177632 - 12/14/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

You could always pool some cash together and rent a cabin for a night or two. What part of Canada do you live in? If you live in BC Manning park has some really decent deals on cabins and it's a beautiful place. It might be too short a time period to be able to get a booking for the christmas holidays at this point though. If not a cabin you could at least get a hotel room, although I think a cabin would be a nicer atmosphere. If you're lucky enough to have a friend or good aquaintance who's parents own a cabin, try that route.

I know its cold, but if you have or can borrow appropriate gear camping might be cool. You'd need a comfortably large tent, super duper sleeping bags, thick wool socks, and sweaters, etc... But winter camping is totally feasible and enjoyable if well prepared.

Anonymous

Re: finding a place to trip [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2177673 - 12/14/03 07:45 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

if there isnt a single car between them, they arent old enough to have that kind
of money im sure..

you're probably gonna have to go to whoever's house has the coolest parents
wait till night time, and trip in somoenes bed room or around the house.

good luck!

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: finding a place to trip [Re: ]
    #2177698 - 12/14/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, i'd say sleep over.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: finding a place to trip [Re: Viaggio]
    #2177711 - 12/14/03 08:09 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, immaculate you're probably right. Oh well.They're still good ideas for anyone else who wants to consider them.

Offlinedaft
AccomodatingDesire
Loc: Whitby, Ontario
Re: finding a place to trip [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2177741 - 12/14/03 08:23 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Do what I'm doing man.

Where a t-shirt, sweater, big winter jacket, hat, hood, scarf, mittens, two pairs socks, boots, long johns underneath your pants, then bring a big with a semi-thick blanket, cd-player and some food.

Find a big open field away from urbanized areas, go out, wrap yourself up in the sleeping bag or blanket, put on some tunes, eat a sandwich, and watch the sun set while your trip is setting in.

Me and some buddies are just gonna bundle up, with sleeping bags, lay out in a big field watch the sun set, listen to music and watch the stars.

--------------------
We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies--all these are private and, ex- cept through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.

OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

Re: finding a place to trip [Re: daft]
    #2177840 - 12/14/03 09:11 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

^^ Guaranteed awesome trip - best of luck!

OfflineCatharsis
boobs
Re: finding a place to trip [Re: daft]
    #2177854 - 12/14/03 09:18 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks, I appreciate all the ideas alot. I mean, it would be one (potentially two) people's first times, but if things don't workout I will probably just call it off. I want their first times to be good. I just might to the camping outdoors thing, that one sounds best, to me. I'm not holding my breath for anything, but if nothing really works out, I'll just postpone it for some other time when we would have a better amtosphere.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
Re: finding a place to trip [Re: Catharsis]
    #2177858 - 12/14/03 09:21 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Just go to some woods and wear a ton of layers of clothes. you wont even feel the cold after you start tripping. and if you find a place in the woods secluded enough you can start a small pit fire. it will keep you warm and provide hours of entertainment.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: finding a place to trip [Re: Infrared]
    #2178628 - 12/15/03 02:24 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

go for a daytime adventure in the woods...at around 11 am. hopefully it will have rained the night before and the ground/air will be fresh. the green grass will be fresh with dew and the earth will smell like it does after cleansing. the fog will be heavy...heavy enough to cool the midday air and cloak the forest's edge with a shroud of uncertainty. you will hike and venture into a world so different and so far away that you may think you aren't earthbound, but you will have the time of your life. the mystery of the unkown and the spirits of nature will surround you and entertain you and the time will be yours to hold and remember and when you walk away, you walk away with direction...

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: finding a place to trip [Re: TODAY]
    #2178638 - 12/15/03 02:28 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

What a good idea! ^^ Be careful in the woods tho.

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Re: finding a place to trip [Re: Adden]
    #2179354 - 12/15/03 11:31 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Do you ski or snowboard? I went snowboarding on shrooms last weekend for the first time. Get a nite lift ticket if your favorite slopes have nite riding. Night time boarding on shrooms is awesome! Just watch out for other riders, you tend to get tunnel vision when ya get going real fast. Very trippy if its snowing out too. The flakes make ya feel like you are going faster then you are. :thumbup: :smirk:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

Re: finding a place to trip [Re: iloveraving]
    #2179512 - 12/15/03 12:34 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Heh... ^^ = broken legs for me, I'll stick to forests :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom