Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePsychonautica
Cuddly Wuddly Fuccboi

Loc: Free Soul & IISkuNkII Flag
Re: Schizophrenia is caused by DNA. [Re: Shroomism]
    #21772982 - 06/07/15 06:34 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

But, the other people are observing it in a rats brain..

Controlling and rewiring a rats brain is far simpler than affecting a human brain.

I'll check those articles out too, like there seems to be enough data that I should believe this, especially how much I strive for logic and science, but it's hard for me to believe that.

Who knows thought. If so, these single cell parasites are smarter than humans, since they understand our brains and we don't. Lol

--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
3/8/95 - 7/10/15 Rest In Paradise, Brother.
Sheekle said:
yeah, i said i was afraid of psychonautica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelessismore
Re: Schizophrenia is caused by DNA. [Re: Psychonautica]
    #21772986 - 06/07/15 06:37 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psychonautica said:
But, the other people are observing it in a rats brain..

Controlling and rewiring a rats brain is far simpler than affecting a human brain.

I'll check those articles out too, like there seems to be enough data that I should believe this, especially how much I strive for logic and science, but it's hard for me to believe that.

Who knows thought. If so, these single cell parasites are smarter than humans, since they understand our brains and we don't. Lol

Hook worms can give people psychosis easily, several journals on that if you google it

They often crawl into people's brains, from the lungs

I've seen at least 2-3 papers on it..

They can affect lungs, blood, brain, eyes - eyes are the last part they crawl to often

They enter through skin or your feet, then through blood/lymph system, into lungs, then you cough them up - cough all the time and wonder what it is, then you digest them again and they enter your brain, then the eyes :-)

InvisiblePsychonautica
Cuddly Wuddly Fuccboi

Re: Schizophrenia is caused by DNA. [Re: lessismore]
    #21772992 - 06/07/15 06:40 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Do they rewire and control your brain, or just get in your brain and fuck shit up?

I can cause brain damage with a sledge hammer, but I can't control what you do by bashing your brains out. I'd believe parasites can crawl in and fuck shit up for sure.

But controlling your actions and shit is pretty out there.

--------------------
The chances of you even being born, Were forty million to one. There's two parts of the statistic And I want you to live through one
Sheekle said:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #21772997 - 06/07/15 06:44 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

No, it's not directly controlling the brain. It basically just rewires the brain. The result that you see is people act differently.

If you think that shit is crazy, have you seen what the cordyceps fungi does?

What's even crazier is that there are thousands of different strains of cordyceps.. each one only effecting one particular species. They have evolved to only target a specific creature. It's crazy shit.

But yeah... it seems some parasites and single celled organisms can understand how the brain functions almost better than we do. Or at the least.. instinctively know how to rewire it in a certain way that leads to their advantage to reproduce.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychonautica
Cuddly Wuddly Fuccboi

#21773007 - 06/07/15 06:50 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I've seen that, but you can control a insect just by sending shocks to its antenna, which is far simpler than controlling the human brain.

I'm most likely wrong, and you guys are probably correct, but this is super hard for me to believe haha. Plus Minnesota winters have made me so damn stubborn. The human brain is just so complex.

It seems to rewire the brain in very specific ways though, obviously it's not controlling the rats to climb into the cats mouth, but rewiring the brain not to fear predators is fucking insane.

Truly fascinating. Thanks for sharing for sure. I'm not sure what to believe yet. I'm torn between "that shits crazy science fiction" and "stop arguing with science and logic"

--------------------
Sheekle said:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21773011 - 06/07/15 06:52 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

The last link I posted is a study on whether Toxoplasma gondii can influence human culture. They found a definite positive correlation in altering people's behavior.
That doesn't mean anything concrete... but it definitely means it's very likely, especially compared with all the other studies done on animals.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychonautica
Cuddly Wuddly Fuccboi

#21773022 - 06/07/15 06:55 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

What I do know, is if cordyceps start infecting humans I'm riding the first nope train to fuckthatville.

Does it rewire the human brains to not fear predators? Because that seems useless as a survival mechanism. They need cats to finish the circle of life. So does it rewire humans to enjoy cats more?

Because a human walking in front of traffic, or getting shot, like the first guys theory was, isn't going to help the parasite reproduce, so it's almost a useless evolutionary trait, so it seems like it wouldn't have any use or need to control a human brain. Unless you live in a jungle where big cats can eat you.

--------------------
Sheekle said:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #21773026 - 06/07/15 07:00 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I think those are the behaviors they observed in infected cats and mice.

In humans, it seems to be linked to developing ADHD, OCD, schizophrenia.. and from that last study I posted.. increase neuroticism
Basically it effects our brains differently than cats or mice.
And to make matters even more complex, if you read that last study ( http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/273/1602/2749 ).. it seems to have different effects on people from different cultures or parts of the world.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychonautica
Cuddly Wuddly Fuccboi

#21773032 - 06/07/15 07:02 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I think we're both right.

I think the human brain is too complex for the parasite to do its usual damage, so it goes up there and just fucks around, and that's why it causes such a wide range of symptoms.

--------------------
Sheekle said:

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
    #21790641 - 06/10/15 09:55 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

This is the best source about it I've ever read
http://www.human-memory.net/disorders_schizophrenia.html

i was asked if it was a learning disability earlier and I didn't say yes. It can be seen as that, but when it is waning it can be somewhat creative.
Other sites focus a lot on color charts and light up dots, this site actually allows you to break it down yourself and teaches you what it is rather then what the disease is

OfflineKonyap

Re: Schizophrenia is caused by DNA. [Re: Konyap]
    #21802762 - 06/13/15 03:07 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/11/cats-schizophrenia-cat-owners-mental-illness_n_7538240.html
Still after all the things i've read why don't they suggest schizophrenia being linked to dementia?
And in the end isn't pharma trying to treat the symptoms of the disease rather then the outcome?(going by their standards)

InvisiblePsychonautica
Cuddly Wuddly Fuccboi

#21802791 - 06/13/15 03:20 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Do schizophrenics regularly develop dementia?

--------------------
Sheekle said:

OfflineKonyap

#21802817 - 06/13/15 03:28 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Psychonautica said:
Do schizophrenics regularly develop dementia?

Who knows?

Not like big pharma is going to tell you
Schizophrenics aren't supposed to display symptoms of their disease

Quote:

Elderly schizophrenia patients often also suffer from Alzheimer’s disease, or some other form of dementia, in varying levels of severity.

So either their brain has degraded and schizophrenia is there OR
they had schizophrenia before, which would be more likely as schizophrenia is blamed by DNA...

they did a test and found after three months the elderly in a canadian city that took the anxiety drugs all had dementia

i've read stuff hear amoungt the drug dealer and pill popper news stories that in an aging brain of someone with mental illness they have a larger abundance of connections then normal and so when they age they age 2x faster kind of like growing in fast forward and then collapsing on itself

InvisiblePsychonautica
Cuddly Wuddly Fuccboi

#21802843 - 06/13/15 03:36 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I think brain degradation is more likely, I personally believe modern medicine caused alzheimer's.

This thread was meant to say DNA causes it not Psychadelics, I'm not denying that brain damage can cause schizophrenia, brain damage can cause, schizophrenia, dementia, epilepsy, Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (the brain disease which kills 100's of hockey enforcers, because they're the only fighting sport that's major and is bare knuckle), and a slew of more mental disorders. Obviously damaging any part of your brain is going to have extreme side effects.

But it's Not that I think, modern medicine CREATED the disease of alzheimers. It just enabled it to be a condition.

But I don't think human beings we're meant to live damn near or over 100 years old. So the body starts to fail,and modern science does it's best to save it, when nature was telling them it's there time to go, so by enabling humans to live so fuckin' long, they get alzheimer's.

Before modern medicine the average age of dying was like 30 or 40. Now we live double that.

Unless people were getting alzheimer's at 40 back before medical science but we will never know

--------------------
Sheekle said:

OfflineKonyap

#21803273 - 06/13/15 06:01 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

alzheimers is pretty bad at 65 you could be diagnosed and be bed ridden a few short years later

InvisiblePsychonautica
Cuddly Wuddly Fuccboi

#21803283 - 06/13/15 06:03 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I don't see how you'd be bed ridden, they just force you to stay in bed don't they?

Or does alzheimer's affect you so bad that you forget how to walk?

--------------------
Sheekle said:

OfflineKonyap

#21803342 - 06/13/15 06:19 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

alzheimers is basically your brain just going completely haywire because the good parts are replaced with bad parts because a protien isn't being formed
it's a lot like being shot in the head over a period of years and years without actually bleeding to death

InvisiblePsychonautica
Cuddly Wuddly Fuccboi

#21803379 - 06/13/15 06:26 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I know it's a horrible disease for sure, but does it affect motor function and such? Does "muscle memory" take place in the brain? You might not have these answer's but now I'm curious. Off to google I go!

--------------------
Sheekle said:

OfflineKonyap

#21803391 - 06/13/15 06:29 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

there is reactionary mucle movements in the spine, like hot cold, hard etc
mucles can have memory to do a task easier as well
the brain sends out all the infor
your breathing is located in the back of your upper mouth
heart beat as well

InvisiblePsychonautica
Cuddly Wuddly Fuccboi

#21803397 - 06/13/15 06:30 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

I can only find information about loss of fine motor skills, but idk if I'd consider simple tasks like walking a "fine" motor skill, but I'm not a doctor so I don't know for certain what a "fine" motor skill even is really. I'd imagine it's things done with fingers that require a certain degree of delicacy.

--------------------
Sheekle said:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures