Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Aquarium Heater, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Herb Grinder, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTransversial
Stranger
BuzzGrower
    #2176516 - 12/14/03 12:09 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Greetings all, been lurking within these boards for a little while now and I feel confident enough to try these things out for myself as they now are out of season here in the NorthWest. My main concern is not as much the cost of setting up a growing system as it is the success and minimal hassle (though I am TOTaLLY up for doing some hard work to get these babies going). I recently came upon a website called buzzgrower.com which sells spores and growing kits. The kits come with PF jars and a fruiting chmber, though I know the ingredients would be NOTORIoUSLY less expensive to just do myself, I first want to ask if anyone has had experience with this grow kit and their results/opinions on it. Although the website itself promises results and even offers a variety of strains to choose from, I still wanted another opinion before even thinking about forking over the 200+ bucks for the mega grow kit and two spore syringes. ANY comments welcome, thanks! BuzzGrower Mushroom Kits

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: BuzzGrower [Re: Transversial]
    #2176547 - 12/14/03 12:22 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Read more on this site, you'll save money, do a better job, and get endless grow runs. A kit is a one shot and over finish. Just look at the rip off, $60 for 6 jars...bawwaahhaaa. You can bang 'em up out of drinking glasses with some foil for near nothing.

Here's some ground millet cakes in process.

This is what 50 cents worth of materials can do...

Don't buy a kit.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: BuzzGrower [Re: Starter]
    #2176659 - 12/14/03 01:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, don't buy a kit, I don't understand why alot of people want to do that their first time, it is a WASTE OF MONEY plain and simple, sure it would be easier to do with pre-sterilzied jars and some fancy fruiting chamber but with $50 you could grow the same amount, grow kits just look good to people because everything is included, just go out to a few stores and round up your stuff, you will thank yourself when its all said and done, peace.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Offlinewhitevento
fellow shroomer

Loc: Hot&Dry
Re: BuzzGrower [Re: Transversial]
    #2176685 - 12/14/03 01:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

hey man i ordered my first kit from buzzgrower, it took absoultely FOREVER to receive my kit, i bought the large one, and please save yourself some money, the terrarium they send you is a cheap plastic tub, just go to wal mart and get a tub with a mister bottle, and then order your substrate jars from a different web site if your convinced not to do bulk methods. although my kit did arrive and the spores were viable, it took waaay tooo long and was way overpriced

OfflineYGYJ
Fast Learner

Re: BuzzGrower [Re: whitevento]
    #2177347 - 12/14/03 06:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i got mine from ebay for $25 and it came with everything except for the syringe of vitamins.

OfflineParpas
grower

Loc: sweden
Re: BuzzGrower [Re: YGYJ]
    #2177504 - 12/14/03 08:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

hay Starter, a growkit is just what some growers need, me for instance, iv been trying to grow shrooms for 3 years on and off now, and i _never_ got it working, untill now, after i got a kit, and saw the first flush grow. now i understand what thay need.

allso, what did those glasses cost, what did the container holding 28.1degrees cost, what did your PC cost, what did the spores cost, the list goes on and on. :smile:

my opinion, once you have grown a sucsessfull grow, AND gotten all the maaterials and equipment u need, then we can start talking about 50 cents per casing, if u make like hundres of them.

--------------------
Its all in your mind

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: BuzzGrower [Re: Parpas]
    #2178037 - 12/15/03 12:37 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The total cost of my first grow was around $20. That includes 12 1/2 pint jars and lids, aluminum foil, perlite, BRF, and some small shoe box sized containers. I sterilized my jars using the boiling method so I didn't need to buy a presure cooker. Most people already have some kind of pot to boil in. I didn't have to buy spores because I used spores from a wild print. I had to because of my local laws. Even with a slight contamination problem due to the wild prints I made, I got enough shrooms for a few trips.

Even if I had bought a spore syringe the cost would not have been more then $40. Therefore the cost is not so much as to warrant buying any high priced kit.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2178499 - 12/15/03 03:28 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Parpas, well for some back ground on where it's at with me, I'm in Australia and importation of shroom kits with cubie spores is very much illegal. Even bringing in substrates (because of the foreign brown rice flour in it) would constitute an AQIS (Australian Qurantine Inspection Service) confiscation/fine. Not to mention Australian Customs, they're even tougher!! All up, the authorities here are very strict about the importation of food products, organic materials and biological stuff. If you can't get a spore syringe in, imagine attempting some bulky bullshit magic mushroom kit. Yikes!!

Quote:

Importations
During 2000?01 Customs detected 24
attempted importations. The majority of detections
involved syringes containing psilocybin
mushroom spores in solution. This figure is less
than for the previous two years; there were 28
detections in 1999?2000 and 33 in 1998?99.
Fifteen importations arrived from the United
States, five from the Netherlands, two from
Sweden and one each from Indonesia and
Germany. The largest number of importations
were detected in Victoria (10); there were eight
in New South Wales, three in Western Australia
and one each in Northern Territory, Queensland
and South Australia. Twenty-three of the detected
importations were in the postal stream; one was
imported by an airline passenger.
http://www.crimecommission.gov.au/content/publications/aidr_2002/07_Other_drugs.pdf

So, the best an Aussie can do is get someone overseas to send them a spore print in an envelope (since that's discreet and evades the customs parcel depot), make a syringe and step straight into the game play. Or pay $1 to a free spore ring. How hard is that?

So naturally I think shroom kits are over hyped garbage. They only create indolence, look at your 3 years wasted on and off it (your words). You could have been where you are now at 3 months instead.

Now you're talking costs:
  • Well PF cakes can be boil sterilised in a simple pot/saucepan with a lid. No need for a pressure cooker on them. Everyone has a saucepan with a lid.

• The drinking glasses, well most people have them in their kitchen, as they do aluminium foil.
    So that takes care of purchasing the pricey shoulderless mason jars (which are not easy to find in Australia). Glasses are cheap, you can get a dozen of them for $3 (Aussie dollars) at any Woolworths supermarket -- very common supermarket chain here.

• Vermiculite can be bought cheap at the garden center and can also be found too (at times) in the garden section of Woolworths, as can Brunnings coir bricks.

• Birdseed or brown rice can be bought cheap at the supermarket and ground up by hand or in a coffee grinder. Shit, brown rice flour sells cheap as chips too.

• Incubator, open the tower up on the PC, it's warm there. Or, put inside a cardboard box and place on top of the tropical fishtank timber hood. Lotsa folks have tropical tanks. Or how about on top of the water heater tank in the house? It's also warm behind the refrigerator too. There's many places that offer a warm zone for no extra cost at all -- one just has to use some imagination.

• To fruit, how expensive is a plastic bucket and a shopping bag with the suggestion that paper can be used to keep this jury rigged terrarium high in R/H? :smirk:

• Genetics free, just trade with cool people and learn to make a spore syringe with a wine glass and some denatured alcohol. Most people have denatured alcohol in the house, as they do wine glasses.

• H202, cheap as cats piss in the home beer brewing section of the local supermarket.

• Syringes and points are free from your local vet or, trade online with a farmer fellah.

I reckon I could pull off the no-bullshit six cake Aussie $10 budget challenge, and not be up for $60 USD, which is $81.16 Aussie dollars, like those rippers at BuzzGrower Mushroom Kits, and then get busted trying to get the rediculous thing into Australia. What's more, they don't even include a terrarium or some sort of incubator for such a fucking rip-off price. :rolleyes:

Anyone who buys a kit is as mad as a cut cane snake.

• Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
    OfflineParpas
    grower

#2178543 - 12/15/03 03:50 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

well, u missed my point. but i get your?s loud and clear.

"So naturally I think shroom kits are over hyped garbage. They only create indolence, look at your 3 years wasted on and off it (your words). You could have been where you are now at 3 months instead."

no. i got a kit 3 years ago, containing a few glass-jars, 5 diffrent strains, 7 syringes, 2 terrariums, verm and perlit, casing-boxes, gloves, sprying bottles, h2o2 and so on and so on, at the cost of 400SEK, thats about $40 (at the time)

SENCE then, iv been boiling jars 1h in a normal pot = contam

iv tryed boiling 2h, - contam.

iv tryed boiling for 6h, - contam.

i then decided my teknice was flawed, and a few months downtime, bongsmoking and information gathering was commenced.

then letts try it again, letts boil them for 1h, 3 times during one day. - contam.

another months downtime.

letts boil a flask and make liquid mycelia!

2 months l8r, it showed about, 1% colonozatin, so it got sucked up, and blow out again into a standard PF jar, and this time i cleaned everything, spraying chlorine and h2o2 into the air, having the stove on, having a burner, doing _EVERYTHING_ the right way.

2 months l8r, the jar was 30% colonized, and never got anny longer than that.

then it was time to move.

so here i am, 3 years l8r, i buy a fucking growkit, and in 10 days i harvest a flush (10-12g dry), i get spores for 100 syringes, and the experience.

in a month, we will se if using a fucking incokulationchamber, alkoholburner, boiling popcorn jars 1h, 2 times per day, during 3 days, keeping jars at optimal 28.1 degrees, will do the trick, i guess it will.

one of 3 things could have taken me were i am today.

1. i could have met a grower irl, that coud have shown me how to do it right.
    2. i could have, not been sutch a cheap bastard, and bout me a PC right away (i?m getting one for chrimas)
    3. i could have gotten a growkit or a colonized jar from someone.

some users just need to SEE the fruits before we realy get the big picturte.

i think i have spent, $100 on things that got contaminated, and about $100 on the stuff im using now. and this still leaves a aquarium heater, airpump and stones.

and now i need more verm.

so no, growkitts are _NOT_ a waste of monney, offcorse you can do it cheaper, you can allways do it cheaper, im shure someone coud kick your 50cent ass, but thats not the point. :smile:

allso, shrooms on the street, compared to the price of a growkit? the  kitt winns every time.

--------------------
    Its all in your mind

InvisibleHanky
    wiffle bat.
    Male User Gallery
    Loc: Great Southern Land.
        #2178560 - 12/15/03 04:02 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

grow kits suck ass.
    if your silly enough to waste your money,send it to me.
    i'll make you an overpriced growkit that will produce this.

--------------------
    Coaster is an idiot...
    [quote]Coaster said:
    but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
    [/quote]

OfflineParpas
    grower

Re: BuzzGrower [Re: Hanky]
        #2178582 - 12/15/03 04:09 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

to bad i did not register 3 years ago then hanky.

--------------------
    Its all in your mind

InvisibleStarter
    Stranger
     User Gallery

#2178700 - 12/15/03 04:53 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

My apology on missing your point:
    It's harder to fathom someone bodging up home projects on and off for 3 years. The info on how-to-do-it dates way back to 1992 in High Times and Use Net too.

Hey, you could have in that time frame saved your time/money and bought a modest pressure cooker, or attempted fractional sterilisation-boiling of PF jars/glasses in a saucepan. You obviously know the street prices your way over in Sweden, that suggests to me you've blown yet more money on dealers. :rolleyes: What's more, you could have saved on the shroom kit and bought a couple of books through Amazon and be set all the way. Ignorance co$ts more than books before bread.

I'm with Hanky, send me your money. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineParpas
    grower

#2178759 - 12/15/03 05:13 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Starter said:
    My apology on missing your point:

granted. :smile: allmost to bad, u must have spent some time writing the post. :smile:

Quote:

Starter said:
    It's harder to fathom someone bodging up home projects on and off for 3 years. The info on how-to-do-it dates way back to 1992 in High Times and Use Net too.

well, i did now allways know this. :smile: what i hadd during this period was a few swedish, not verry good written PF tek guides...

im allso a pothead, :smile: time just.. is.

Quote:

Starter said:
    Hey, you could have in that time frame saved your time/money and bought a modest pressure cooker, or attempted fractional sterilisation-boiling of PF jars/glasses in a saucepan.

yeah. your absolutly right.

Quote:

Starter said:
    You obviously know the street prices your way over in Sweden, that suggests to me you've blown yet more money on dealers. :rolleyes: What's more, you could have saved on the shroom kit and bought a couple of books through Amazon and be set all the way. Ignorance co$ts more than books before bread.

allso true. :frown: but hay sweden sucks, u can never get annything but bad hasch, brickweed and shitty Extasy, well, thats if your not rave, thay get all the good drugs in sweden. :frown:

Quote:

Starter said:
    I'm with Hanky, send me your money. :wink:

no, im just going to milk you all on all your information. :smile: for free. :smile:

growing your own stuff _IS_ the way to go.

--------------------
    Its all in your mind

InvisibleStarter
    Stranger
     User Gallery

#2178803 - 12/15/03 05:29 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

granted. :smile: allmost to bad, u must have spent some time writing the post. :smile:

Not at all. It might save a few new folks who chime in their money and DIY their projects, instead of going the route of the inflated one-shot shroom kits.

Quote:

well, i did now allways know this. :smile: what i hadd during this period was a few swedish, not verry good written PF tek guides...

Language barriers make it hard. But there's been a lot on the net since 1999 with easy to follow pics -- digital cameras became affordable at that point.

Quote:

im allso a pothead, :smile: time just.. is.

I'm a pot grower, I can't see that as an excuse.

Quote:

allso true. :frown: but hay sweden sucks, u can never get annything but bad hasch, brickweed and shitty Extasy, well, thats if your not rave, thay get all the good drugs in sweden. :frown:

Then grow your own, you'll get better hash at least. :smile:

Quote:

no, im just going to milk you all on all your information. :smile: for free. :smile:

That's what online info exchange is about. :wink:

Quote:

Exactly!!

Now forget the shroom kits and kick off a 50 cent grow. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineParpas
    grower

#2178829 - 12/15/03 05:46 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Starter said:

Quote:

Starter said:
    Not at all. It might save a few new folks who chime in their money and DIY their projects, instead of going the route of the inflated one-shot shroom kits.

hum, im pinning a forth flush, well, iv dunked it and given the cake some more nutrients... but hehe.

Quote:

Starter said:
    Language barriers make it hard. But there's been a lot on the net since 1999 with easy to follow pics -- digital cameras became affordable at that point.

well, problem is i just did not know this. :frown: not language, i just spell like an idiot, i understand verry good. :smile:

Quote:

Starter said:
    I'm a pot grower, I can't see that as an excuse.

Then grow your own, you'll get better hash at least. :smile:

hehe, well, its all in the way you use the drugs, i abuse cannabis cous im bored, its not verry healthy, but i do it annyway.

it was totaly diffrent when i had to work, i could stress all i wanted to at work, and i got my reword when i got home.

allso, side-effects are worse when smoking this shit i smoke, i guess 6-20% is THC, depening on what kind, the rest is not plantmaterial, but just camelpoo, sand, or whatever.

fresh hydro weed must be so mutch better, toxicety and stuff like that.

Quote:

Quote:

Starter said:
    Exactly!!

Now forget the shroom kits and kick off a 50 cent grow. :wink:

well, it was planned all along. :smile: growkit for me was the final kick i needed, if it haddet fruited, id not be here.

i wanna grow cannabis and opiumpuppys, and shrooms some day, in a semi-closed system, using the plantmaterial after bubblehasch extraction to spawn, case and as subtrate. :smile:

i dont wanna give another krona to organized chrime.

--------------------
    Its all in your mind

InvisibleStarter
    Stranger
     User Gallery

#2178839 - 12/15/03 06:05 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

hehe, well, its all in the way you use the drugs, i abuse cannabis cous im bored, its not verry healthy, but i do it annyway.

Since you're a chronic, you're going to have to put the bong down to absorb the info.

Quote:

i wanna grow cannabis and opiumpuppys, and shrooms some day, in a semi-closed system, using the plantmaterial after bubblehasch extraction to spawn, case and as subtrate.

No man, you're going to have to go with what actually works and that means a different regime to each. Cannabis and poppy are opposite in photoperiod and temperature needs. And shrooms, they're heterotrophs, and the last thing you'd want with Cannabis and Poppy is the whopping R/H shrooms love, you'd get botrytis outbreaks big time.

Trust me, you can't use water ice hash waste to grow shrooms on. The most you could do is feed it to worms, they make worm castings, you pasteurise the worm castings and then use that as bulk. If I had the kb's to upload pictures on making hash, I'd show you that, worm farms too as well as worm castings. All of which is easy to do.

--------------------

OfflineParpas
    grower

#2178845 - 12/15/03 06:13 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

hehe. i guess we?ll take this to PM soon. :smile:

yeah, id have to use seprete growrooms for opium/cannabis.

ok. but if i just shake of resin, it will be viable right?

godam man, is there annything u havent grown?

"Since you're a chronic, you're going to have to put the bong down to absorb the info."

no, not realy, i hadd an identical memory b4 puberty, i still remember everything, every day, of my life untill i was about 12...

i still have that capacity, allthoe deminished by, DRUGS. :smile:

--------------------
    Its all in your mind

InvisibleStarter
    Stranger
     User Gallery

#2178851 - 12/15/03 06:21 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If you have questions on Cannabis or Poppy ect, best to PM as this forum is specifically on shroom cultivation. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineParpas
    grower

#2178872 - 12/15/03 06:49 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

thx! :smile:

i dont have space for annything now, its a miracle my tv, computers and bead fits in here.

--------------------
    Its all in your mind

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Aquarium Heater, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Herb Grinder, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation