Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Saddam captured?
    #2176215 - 12/14/03 05:06 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

If true  :smile2:

Edit: Now supposedly confirmed by DNA evidence.

Saddam Hussein Believed Captured in Iraq

Sunday, December 14, 2003

BAGHDAD, Iraq ? Saddam Hussein (search), the former Iraqi dictator and most-wanted figure by the U.S.-led coalition, has been captured in Iraq, U.S. officials said Sunday.

"It certainly looks good," one senior U.S. official in Washington said, cautioning more scientific testing, possibly DNA, was being done early Sunday morning to try to confirm the identity.

Prime Minister Tony Blair (search) seemed to confirm the capture by welcoming the news, his spokesman said Sunday, adding that it "removes the shadow" of the former dictator's possible return from Iraq.

In Baghdad, the U.S.-led occupation notified reporters that a "very important" announcement will be made at a news conference scheduled for 7 a.m. EST but did not give details.

A senior U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the captured man's appearance did not immediately look like Saddam, but additional efforts to ascertain his identity indicated he was the former leader.

Multiple high-level sources told Fox News they were almost certain that the former Iraqi leader was captured in a raid designed to net him in his hometown of Tikrit. 

The officials said the former leader, who during his rule slept in lush palaces while many ordinary Iraqis lived in poverty, was found "cowering" in a basement in a home raided by coalition soldiers. The sources said the person believed to be Saddam had millions of U.S. dollars in his possession, and that tests were being conducted to confirm his identity.

News of the potential capture made its way around Iraq like wildfire, with Iraqis in Tikrit and the capital city, Baghdad, celebrating the news by firing guns into the air.

Earlier, a member of the U.S.-appointed Governing Council (search) said Saddam had been captured alive in Tikrit.

Council member Dara Noor al-Din told The Associated Press that the council was informed of the former dictator's capture in a telephone call from L. Paul Bremer, the U.S. administrator for Iraq.

"Bremer has confirmed to the Governing Council that Saddam was captured in Tikrit," Noor al-Din said. "He spoke on the phone to several members, including Ahmad Chalabi."

Chalabi is a leading member of the council who has close links to the Bush administration.

A council spokesman, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed that Bremer had relayed news of Saddam's capture to the council. A council delegation planned to visit Saddam in captivity later Sunday, the spokesman said.

Another Governing Council member, Jalal Talabani, was earlier quoted by Iran's official news agency, IRNA, as saying Saddam had been captured in Tikrit.

Talabani told IRNA that Saddam's detention will bring stability to Iraq.

"With the arrest of Saddam, the source financing terrorists has been destroyed and terrorist attacks will come to an end. Now we can establish a durable stability and security in Iraq," Talabani was quoted as saying.

In Baghdad, residents fired small arms in the air in celebration, and gunfire echoed in neighborhoods across the city. Earlier in the day, rumors of the capture sent people streaming into the streets of Kirkuk, a northern Iraqi city, firing guns in the air in celebration.

"We are celebrating like it's a wedding," said Kirkuk resident Mustapha Sheriff. "We are finally rid of that criminal."

"This is the joy of a lifetime," said Ali Al-Bashiri, another resident. "I am speaking on behalf of all the people that suffered under his rule."

Link

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Saddam captured? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2176218 - 12/14/03 05:06 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Press conference on the nationally syndicated news stations is starting right now (4am pacific)

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2176224 - 12/14/03 05:13 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Oops.... covered in the "Hell Ya" thread.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

#2176235 - 12/14/03 05:22 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yea you did.. you evil bastard :smirk:

That guy who just gave the opening speech for the baghdad press conf. who opened with, "Ladies and gentlemen, We got 'im!" was disappointing.  He was lookin' down at his notes every second - literally after every four words... I just wish people would speak their thoughts, not the writings of writers :crazy:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Saddam captured? [Re: geokills]
    #2176238 - 12/14/03 05:32 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe he was tired or just not much of a public speaker..... but you're right. Strictly reading from notes is not an impressive way to give a speech.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2176239 - 12/14/03 05:33 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Hellfucking YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Now they need to torture that rat bastard and then kill him!

1 down!

1 to go!

This is the best news I have heard since 9/11!

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

"Ladies and Gentleman, We Got Him" [Re: ]
    #2176241 - 12/14/03 05:37 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

Anonymous

Re: "Ladies and Gentleman, We Got Him" [Re: geokills]
    #2176245 - 12/14/03 05:41 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Awesome man, absolutely awesome!

What a great day!

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2176247 - 12/14/03 05:44 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Oops.... covered in the "Hell Ya" thread.

Your will get more attention though because you put the right info in the subject. And your name is on it!

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Saddam captured? [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2176248 - 12/14/03 05:47 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

My apologies. It wasn't my intent to steal your thunder.  :blush:

I heard the news, scanned the thread titles and only then made my post.

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2176253 - 12/14/03 05:53 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

No sweat, like I said you put the right info in the title. My fuck up. I was just ready to bust a nut and got sloppy.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2176258 - 12/14/03 05:57 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Should you change the title to an exclamation mark?

Perhaps it is unnecessary.  Thanks to both of you guys! :heart:

I am floating on cloud nine. :smile:

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Saddam captured? [Re: ]
    #2176260 - 12/14/03 05:59 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Me too! luvin it!

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2176265 - 12/14/03 06:02 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Should you change the title to an exclamation mark?

I deliberately used a question mark as there has been plenty of "inaccurate" reports from Iraq. While they claim DNA proves it (and I believe it) I'll leave the question mark alone.  :wink:

--------------------

Anonymous

#2176267 - 12/14/03 06:04 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Covering your assets?

:lol:

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

#2176270 - 12/14/03 06:05 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

[04:49:06] it's funny though [the BBC is] discussing it
[04:49:17] and one of the bbc news coorespondance is saying
[04:49:36] this will be good news to the AMERICANS since many believe that the war is now over cause they've captured saddam...and now they'll ignore what really counts...the people

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

Anonymous

#2176273 - 12/14/03 06:08 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, we screwed up.  This should have been staged late October to insure Bush's landslide reelection.

Damn it.  Foiled again.  :frown:

InvisibleMycoFactory
Mr MycoBag

Loc: NC, USA
    #2176288 - 12/14/03 06:37 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

How did they do a DNA test so fast??? I thought it took a few days  :confused:
It is great news, oh yeah :smile:

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Saddam captured? [Re: MycoFactory]
    #2176291 - 12/14/03 06:41 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Didn't you see that episode of The Simpsons where it was going to take many weeks to get the DNA results but after Wiggum paid the scientist off with a carton of Laramie cigarettes, it only took a few seconds? :lol:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

Anonymous

#2176299 - 12/14/03 06:52 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Tricky bastards.

:lol:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder