Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Loc: Antwerpen.
Whats up with that?!?
    #2176197 - 12/14/03 06:28 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Just suffered through a night of the most terrible dreams. Scenes of horror the like of which only H.Bosch or H.P.Lovecaft in the midst of a Research Chemical binge would feel refreshed after waking from.

Pictures of tortured faces screaming and mutilated limbs jumping with artificial life as electric current is passed through the severed nerve ends.

And why? Due no doubt to the new craze in telly of showing cosmetic surgery programs at tea-time. Whats up with that?

I sit down to a veggy stir fry, switch on the box and am confronted with some woman getting half her face chopped off!
Lunge for the control, spilling dinner over my leg and the floor. Turn the channel to find another show being advertised with some bloke getting swathes of blubber removed! Extreme closeup of his cavity insulation being sucked through a tube!

Like, whats up with that?

Lets try to keep the operating theater separate from the theater is what I mean to say.

But it got me wondering what kind of person sits down and watches a show like that for pleasure?

Its even to much for home viewing. Like, you've got a few people round for dinner and your wife says, "Go on Summer, stick our holiday video on for the guests!", and you'd be like, "Shoot! Dag'nab'it! I wanted to show my last haemorroide op on wide view!".

Some sick bunnies out there, are you one of them?

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Whats up with that?!? [Re: SummerBreeze]
    #2176206 - 12/14/03 06:43 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Surgeries a cool. Have you ever seen a hip replacement surgery. Fuckin ouch man. Cheese graters and hammers/

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Re: Whats up with that?!? [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2176208 - 12/14/03 06:50 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yikes!

There was some poor guy having, literialy, pins hammered into his leg bone. And you could, like, hear the bone, kinda' like a water logged piece of oak being smacked with a brick. CrUuUuMP!

Blood and shards of bone on the camera lense and missus Jones in number 12 saying, "Oh,look our George! Heres that new telly show you like just starting! Come and get yer dinner!"

Gruesome, man, gruesome!

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2176230 - 12/14/03 07:16 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

in a hip replacement they use a cheese grater thing on a drill to hog out the hip joint to fit the pladtic cup. Then they saw off the top of the thigh bone and drill out the center of the bone. Then they hammer in a stainless steed ball joint. The spike that goes into the leg had to be about 6" long. And your right, those surgens sre not gentle. When they hammer that shit in it is brutal.

--------------------

OfflinePanoramix
Getafix
Male

Loc: Everywhere else
    #2176860 - 12/14/03 03:16 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Ugh.  I'm with SummerBreeze on this one, that is some sick nasty shit.
I'm glad I don't get those kinds of shows.  Ugh, just those descriptions make me feel ill .  I mean, I once got a whole drilled in my head and a chunk of inflamed nerve tissue removed, but that seems out-and-out tame compared to that other stuff...  :tongue:

--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #2176906 - 12/14/03 03:39 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SummerBreeze said:But it got me wondering what kind of person sits down and watches a show like that for pleasure?

Future plastic surgeons maybe?  :frown:

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Re: Whats up with that?!? [Re: Druginduced]
    #2178889 - 12/15/03 07:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Touch?, Sir!

Its a mystery but I cant help but imagine that theres some sick b*stard out there jacking off while watching someone get a session with the trepanning drill.

"Ohhhh, Baby, Yeah!"

I've been on about this in the pub with mates last night and I reckon the only way to make shows like this watchable will be to have a "Celebrity Make-over show".

Take your run of the mill minor Celeb, you know the one, the guy that all of a sudden seems to be on every channel at once, and dash some plastic surgery on to him.

He would of course also be presenting the show while swathed in facial bandages.

The aim would be to see if we can turn a reasonably famous television personality into a brick layer called Tony from Hull in, "Just under an hour!".

Its a long shot but it just may catch on!

Open it up to the rest of bad telly. What shows just plain confuse you with their pointlessness but continue against all reason to be aired?

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2178968 - 12/15/03 08:58 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

What amazes me is the juxtaposition of how frail the human body is while at the same time how incredibly resilient it is. A tiny virus can kill you but a skilled surgeon can take the body apart and do something like that to it, put it back together and make it better than it was. Fuckin fascinating to me.

--------------------

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

#2178984 - 12/15/03 09:19 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Fair point. I'm thinking of my Father here who was hit by one big fcuker of a Range-Rover a few years back. Broke almost every bone in his body. Threw him half way up the road before smacking him into a brick wall. Two years later he's back running Marathons with only a slight limp in his left leg. Amazing recovery. Much respect to the surgeons.

Talking on morality. I watched a fascinating show on the Black Death a bit back. Amazing. Did you know that Bubonic plague was killing 75% of the populace in the cities/contries it hit? Seventy five percent! They'd have been interesting times to live in and no mistake.

And we complain today of living conditions and bad telly?!?

Kinda' puts things in perspective for you.

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub