Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

What to do after first flush?
    #2175673 - 12/13/03 10:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I got a really good first flush off my casings. After picking all the mushrooms off the casings I re-cased with plain vermiculite (what I used as a casing layer in the first place) and then I thoroughly sprayed the casing down with water.

After a few days I got only four to five pins on each casing, and the casing is pulling away from the sides again. So after the first flush should I allow the mycelium to re-colonize the casing layer, and then fruit it? Also, should I make drainage holes in the bottom of the casing, and how much should I spray the casings down?

Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it.

--------------------
No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.

Meow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGonzoCool

Loc: Flag
Re: What to do after first flush? [Re: MycoCat]
    #2175676 - 12/13/03 10:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

to coldshock the casing after a flush or two might be a good idea, but ask around, im not too sure

--------------------

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: What to do after first flush? [Re: GonzoCool]
    #2175832 - 12/14/03 12:26 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

everything seems fine to me. no need to incubate and then throwing back in the terrarium.

i'm not sure what you are asking for exactly. you only have 4 or 5 pins and wish for more? note that few mushrooms usually means bigger mushrooms.

did you put a bottom layer of verm or something ?! if so, it will act as a water buffer so no need of drainage holes. otherwise, do it if you think it's good, but i wouldn't care.

.fs.

OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

Re: What to do after first flush? [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #2175900 - 12/14/03 12:54 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well considering on my first flush I had over thirty pins that didn't abort and grew quite large. So that's a big loss.

--------------------

Meow.

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
    #2175953 - 12/14/03 01:15 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

all my flushers are like half the size of the first
i dont know if thats good or what but jsut the norm, and the biggest come from the second and third flushes, but really small fourth and fifth

OfflineYGYJ
Fast Learner

Re: What to do after first flush? [Re: supra]
    #2176012 - 12/14/03 01:47 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

uh guys I'm a first timer here as well but why doesn't anyone use the "dunk" technique??? Isn't it obvious? dunk for 24 hours then bring back to normal operational temps. do some research before writing a new thread.

Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

Loc: at Home with the Kids
Re: What to do after first flush? [Re: YGYJ]
    #2176028 - 12/14/03 01:56 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I do a little dance in between flushes. Seems to help a lot. Also, try sprinkling sterile verm on top, spraying them like they were Noah, and them leaving them the heck alone for about a week. Just my dos pesos.

--------------------
There he goes, one of God's own prototypes--some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, too rare to die.

InvisibleMrPink
Stranger
Re: What to do after first flush? [Re: havatampa]
    #2176255 - 12/14/03 05:54 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

>I do a little dance in between flushes.

lol

cold shocking is pointless in between flushes. It's unecessary even before flushes with cubies IMO.

The only thing you really can do is dunk your casing and recase it. Some past posts by Starter have really good info on this. Do a search on his Rez tek.

OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

Re: What to do after first flush? [Re: MrPink]
    #2176677 - 12/14/03 11:53 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

YGYJ, I have done ample research on many techniques for casings, I was just curious of the opinions of others.

And while you say that dunking is the obvious technique to use, MANY people would disagree with you (illustrated by a thread that was here less than two weeks ago). So don't jump to conclusions.

--------------------

Meow.

InvisibleCoolBlue
n00b
    #2176890 - 12/14/03 01:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

saucer of milk table 2 :laugh:

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #2177155 - 12/14/03 03:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

After a few days I got only four to five pins on each casing, and the casing is pulling away from the sides again.

Because the mycelium body has been dehydrated by a 1st flush water robbing.

Quote:

I got a really good first flush off my casings

Always the way with a thumper 1st flush, but you didn't get the water back into the case.

Quote:

So after the first flush should I allow the mycelium to re-colonize the casing layer, and then fruit it?

Unless you rehydrate that mycelium body (by whatever method you please) you won't get anywhere and I wouldn't attempt to flip it to "vegetative" stage (a.k.a incubate) to "mend" a new casing layer and then back to fruiting. A mycelium body only has a finite life. You must exploit what it can give promptly -- not drag it out with regime changes.

Quote:

And while you say that dunking is the obvious technique to use, MANY people would disagree with you (illustrated by a thread that was here less than two weeks ago). So don't jump to conclusions.

And the conclusion appears herd mentality and yet you're not happy with your 2nd flush. Oh the irony. :smirk:

Nothing is set in stone but I bet you've never dunked, just gone with what you've read. :rolleyes: It works after 1st flush on cased grains, 'nuff said. Why not try it, what have you got to lose in successive flushes? Oh that's right, four to five pins on each casing. :laugh:

As for the thread "two weeks ago", the detractors didn't show cases other than in 1st flush, let alone cased whole grains (just cased PF cakes), so what's that got to do with finding solutions to the dehydration-case-drama in further flushes...umm? 

Hit this thread without the fettering.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

Re: What to do after first flush? [Re: Starter]
    #2177243 - 12/14/03 03:52 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hold on a moment.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with dunking, I'm just saying that there isn't conclusive evidence to sway me either way. And my conclusion was not that dunking wasn't the way to go, rather I was saying don't jump to the conclusion I hadn't done any research on casing, because I have.

I did re-hydrate the casing after the first flush, but it began to pull away from the sides again. And it's not that I'm not happy with my second flush, I was just wondering if I had done something wrong. But thanks for your help.

--------------------

Meow.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale