Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Signing a Record Deal... [Re: _cracker]
    #2174990 - 12/13/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

good stuff... we actually know a guy with an excellent home studio and many years of experience with producing.. he is willing to record us for free..minus cost of CDs. So yeah, we will set a time with him to record a full LP, send it to mastering and mass production, and sell it ourselves at shows and such.. taking in 100% of the profits.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Signing a Record Deal... [Re: Shroomism]
    #2175507 - 12/13/03 08:39 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

When you have some CDs recorded, can you send me a copy (I'll send money for one, of course).

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Signing a Record Deal... [Re: Sheepish]
    #2175516 - 12/13/03 08:45 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Of course man.. deal just keeps getting sweeter.. I just nailed 4 gigs today, and two of the clubs are pretty famous. Doing it on your own is so much better, fucking hard work. Pretty soon we'll be needing some roadies and a bus. That'll be fun...

--------------------

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #2175566 - 12/13/03 09:11 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Another step closer to ye Middle Earth tour :wink:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Signing a Record Deal... [Re: Sheepish]
    #2175575 - 12/13/03 09:16 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yarr! and we shall perform in gondor at thundering decibals!

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2176200 - 12/14/03 04:34 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The good thing about roadies is that you can pay them in women and booze. :grin:

Myself, I can't wait to have a bus. One of those big ones, with the fucking portable studio and that drug table... mmmmm.... *picks up bass* :grin:

Nah, that isn't true, all sorts of people are coming here soon to eat and shit for the baby's Baptism type thing and I may even have to go with to some church where they are going to sing in the New Year or something... *sighs* I'll sing Tormentor of Christian Souls for them, that would go over real well. :grin:

Maybe I can just stand up on the pew and scream during the sermon "Everybody! It is Mayhem! They have a torch! Run for your lives!"

Ahh, seriously though, Norway is great. Black metal bands run amok, burning shit down and killing each other. You know Count Grisknack, from Emperor, I think, who stabbed Euronymous, from Mayhem? He like recently escaped. He was out for a couple of days or something, and he stole a car and tried escaping. It was all over the news. I find it more interesting than the shit you have over there, about Michael Jackson raping little children.. *sighs*
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #2176464 - 12/14/03 09:32 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

congrats man

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #2176656 - 12/14/03 11:35 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

good stuff... we actually know a guy with an excellent home studio and many years of experience with producing.. he is willing to record us for free..minus cost of CDs. So yeah, we will set a time with him to record a full LP, send it to mastering and mass production, and sell it ourselves at shows and such.. taking in 100% of the profits.

I would definetly consult an entertainment attourney about contracts.  Youll propably be able to find a few who will read over your contract offers and give your band an hour to explain them to you for a few hundred dollars.. 

Money well spent if you ask me.

In the mean time begin to think of yourself and your band as a business, the money you bring in should go to the business and towards a goal such as, starting your own lable and promoting yourself and other bands or towards a cargo van with custom paint so that you can travle securely and get yourselvs noticed more.

Amazon.com has lots of books on entertainment law, and starting a record lable.  You should buy them and read them in your spare time if this is what you want to do in life.

I was shocked to find out that Ozzy was riped off by Sharrons dad for almost everything he earned durring the entire time he managed Ozzy.  All because he propably never did his research on how to make a living in the industry till it was too late.

School starts now my friend..  Today, you become a full on business man.. 

Hope youve got a tie. :grin:

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Signing a Record Deal... [Re: GabbaDj]
    #2176660 - 12/14/03 11:38 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

OOoh and check this out too..
You cant get a deal this good anywhere.
http://www.diskfaktory.com/gc/enter/home/default.asp

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Signing a Record Deal... [Re: GabbaDj]
    #2176819 - 12/14/03 12:58 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

hmm..cool... I'll have to compare that with other deals..

yes businessman is my role now.. and it sucks because I'm the only one in the band actually doing it. The other guys are just like yeah whatever lets get stoned and play music. Well I guess that's the way it works out most of the time in bands... there's only one guy that actually gets the gigs and contacts people and builds the website and spread the shit.. I've tried getting them to do shit.. but its pointless. If I didn't do it, it wouldn't get done.

On that note, I have three books on the music industry.. which has taught me a great deal. I've been browsing through some entertainment law, but it's overwhelming. Most of my time between working is spent trying to book shows, hook up with other bands, figure out ways to get there, and promote like a motherfucker. Definitely next main priorities on the agenda are an upgrade of overall band equipmnt (we need a better PA, backup amps, etc..), aqcuiring a big, reliable van (if someone can help us out here that would be amazing), and recording. I've already got the gigs lined up through march, we're already going on a mini tour through baltimore, dc, and possibly new jersey. This is gonna be hard work. It's really fucking taxing to play musician, booking agent, webmaster, band manager, promotion agent, club owner swindler, and all that jazz. God I can't wait until I have people that do this shit for me, and that are better than me at it.

Fireworks.. for sure.. Norway has much better drama than the states. I mean we caught Saddam today, but Count Grishnack escaped from jail?? :lol:.. that's good stuff.

Quote:

Maybe I can just stand up on the pew and scream during the sermon "Everybody! It is Mayhem! They have a torch! Run for your lives!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :grin:

--------------------

Offlinemile69
wonderer/wanderer ૐ
 User Gallery

Loc: other side of the world
    #2187855 - 12/18/03 12:39 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

dont record a full album to shop around.  you can do an ep of like 4 songs, and thats all youll need to be able to sell at gigs and such.  if you are shopping aorund a demo...all they are going to want to hear is a few songs.  if they are interested they will ask you for more material.  you dont want to have to tell them "thats it...we dont have any more songs".  leave them wanting more. any more songs than 3-4 might be too much.  so just line up a really strong demo.

also you could always just record a bunch of songs and just do different pressings.  a 3-4 song ep, and a 7 (or whatever) song album.  album can go on sale at your shows, and the "ep" can be sent to record companys.  if you want to sell the actuall ep also, just put a bonus track on it that the other one doesnt have...you can also change the art work to make it somehitng else to have.

if you want i can put you in contact with my guitar player, and he can tell you hgow to make an "enhanced cd"  its pretty easy, and there you can add pictures, live show footage, more music.  this can be accessed thru your computer, as well as be played in a cd player.

wow i dont think ive written so much, i hope this helps :grin:

Offline_cracker
Stranger
Re: Signing a Record Deal... [Re: mile69]
    #2238388 - 01/13/04 03:02 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

dont shop your shit around at all,bring your music directly to the people and eventually the labels will come to you,but be hard on them,make whatever demands you feel you deserve.Also the radio stations wont have any choice but to play your shit if that's what the people want.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Signing a Record Deal... [Re: mile69]
    #2238400 - 01/13/04 03:08 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

yep ... we are going in march to record a 4 song demo  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Signing a Record Deal... [Re: _cracker]
    #2238419 - 01/13/04 03:21 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Also the radio stations wont have any choice but to play your shit if that's what the people want.

well, I disagree with this, unfortunately.  Most of the popular radio stations in EVERY major city are owned by Clear Channel (the Devil).  So they have no choice but to play what they want to attract the most listeners so advertising rates will be the highest.  Oh, and play the music they are promoting that will be playing at their venue...

From www.Clearchannelsucks.org :
Quote:

Clear Channel owns over 1,200 radio stations and 37 television stations, with investments in 240 radio stations globally, and Clear Channel Entertainment (aka SFX, one of their more well-known subsidiaries) owns and operates over 200 venues nationwide. They are in 248 of the top 250 radio markets, controlling 60% of all rock programming. They outright own the tours of musicians like Janet Jackson, Aerosmith, Pearl Jam, Madonna and N'Sync. They own the network which airs Rush Limbaugh, Dr. Laura, Casey Kasem, and the Fox Sports Radio Network. With 103,000,000 listeners in the U.S. and 1,000,000,000 globally (1/6 of the world population

but the GOOD radio will play what people want.  Community Radio is where it's at.

sorry, had to vent a little.  I bet you were even just referring to Good Radio, who has local nights, etc. Not stations that have Casey Casem nights....  oh well  :crazy:

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Offline_cracker
Stranger
Re: Signing a Record Deal... [Re: Blastrid]
    #2238949 - 01/13/04 10:54 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

any decent radio station will play what the people want to hear,at least down here

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom