Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | Next >
InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: General anime discussion thread [Re: musiclover420]
    #25822251 - 02/19/19 07:04 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I'm watching FLCL 3 and then any Lupin I can get my hands on... these are my primary objectives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: General anime discussion thread [Re: Robo] * 1
    #25822264 - 02/19/19 07:10 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RoboShaman said:
I'm watching FLCL 3 and then any Lupin I can get my hands on... these are my primary objectives.

:greenthumb:

Been considering re watching all 3 FLCL parts, good stuff.

As for Lupin, one of my life goals is watching every one of the 20+ Lupin movies/TV Specials. Have watched all the dubbed ones already and a few of the subs, some are pretty goofy/random but most are great.

This site has a bunch of the lupin movies: https://www.watchcartoononline.io/movie-list#L

Quote:

Lupin III (2015): Italian Game English Subbed
Lupin III Dead or Alive English Dubbed
Lupin III Dragon of Doom English Dubbed
Lupin III Farewell to Nostradamus English Dubbed
Lupin III Missed by a Dollar English Dubbed
Lupin III The Castle of Cagliostro English Dubbed
Lupin III The Columbian Files English Dubbed
Lupin III The Fuma Conspiracy English Dubbed
Lupin III The Pursuit of Harimao`s Treasure English Dubbed
Lupin III The Secret of Mamo English Dubbed
Lupin III The Secret of Twilight Gemini English Dubbed
Lupin III Tokyo Crisis English Dubbed
Lupin III Voyage to Danger English Dubbed
Lupin III vs. Detective Conan English Subbed
Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: The Movie English Subbed
Lupin III Walther P-38 English Dubbed
Lupin III: Alcatraz Connection English Subbed
Lupin III: Bye Bye Liberty Crisis English Dubbed
Lupin III: Chi no Kokuin English Subbed
Lupin III: Kutabare! Nostradamus English Dubbed
Lupin III: Napoleon English Subbed
Lupin III: Princess of the Breeze - Hidden City in the Sky English Subbed
Lupin III: Sweet Lost Night - Mahou no Lamp wa Akumu no Yokan English Subbed
Lupin III: The Hemingway Paper Mystery English Subbed
Lupin III: The Last Job English Subbed
Lupin III: The Legend of the Gold of Babylon English Subbed
Lupin the IIIrd: Chikemuri no Ishikawa Goemon English Subbed
Lupin the IIIrd: Jigen Daisuke no Bohyou English Dubbed

Still need to watch many of the subbed movies, this isn't even all of them either :lol:

Princess of the Breeze - Hidden City in the Sky was one of my favorites, it kind of feels like a sequel to Castle Of Cagliostro in some ways.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Edited by musiclover420 (02/19/19 07:12 AM)

InvisibleDirty Dave
Stranger

Loc: In your window
    #25824119 - 02/20/19 05:37 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

Dirty Dave said:
Started Tokyo ghoul. Real good so far but remind me of parasyte maxim.

I remember years back I saw a Reddit post on the anime sub, from a parent asking for recommendations of anime for their relatively young 12~ year old kid. Tokyo Ghoul was one of the first ones he listed as the kind of show his kid liked :lol:

If you haven't made it too far in Tokyo Ghoul it gets very very dark, even by anime standards. Not the kind of thing kids should be watching :eek: Lots of brutal torture and gore, didn't really appeal to me much even as an adult.

Parasyte is awesome though, read a bit of the manga 10+ years ago and was super excited to see it get adapted.

You were not lying. That shit got real dark. Lol. Finished season 1 last night.

--------------------
If your mouth ain’t bloody you’re not eating the ass right

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: General anime discussion thread [Re: Dirty Dave]
    #25824472 - 02/20/19 09:41 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dirty Dave said:
Quote:

musiclover420 said:
Quote:

Dirty Dave said:
Started Tokyo ghoul. Real good so far but remind me of parasyte maxim.

I remember years back I saw a Reddit post on the anime sub, from a parent asking for recommendations of anime for their relatively young 12~ year old kid. Tokyo Ghoul was one of the first ones he listed as the kind of show his kid liked :lol:

If you haven't made it too far in Tokyo Ghoul it gets very very dark, even by anime standards. Not the kind of thing kids should be watching :eek: Lots of brutal torture and gore, didn't really appeal to me much even as an adult.

Parasyte is awesome though, read a bit of the manga 10+ years ago and was super excited to see it get adapted.

You were not lying. That shit got real dark. Lol. Finished season 1 last night.

Yeah it gets brutal :lol:

I've been re reading berserk and it doesn't even feel as dark, even though it gets plenty dark at times. Maybe because it's a manga, seeing torture animated with voice acting is a lot more brutal then violent art.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

InvisibleDirty Dave
Stranger

Loc: In your window
    #25836171 - 02/25/19 07:18 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Finished season 2 of Tokyo ghoul A last night. It was good, but I would have been disappoint if I had watched the season when it first came out and then had to wait for season 3. The ending was horrible especially compare to season 1 ending.

I also felt more compassion for the ghouls over the humans.

Either way, I am excited for season 3.

--------------------
If your mouth ain’t bloody you’re not eating the ass right

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#25909868 - 04/01/19 04:08 PM (5 years, 16 days ago)

Watching Akira in HD online, such a great movie but damn now I want to re read the manga :crazy2:

The anime has better art but is only like 1/3rd of the story, most of the best parts happen in the manga after the movie ends in a post apocalyptic tokyo.

They really need to adapt akira into a big budget anime with as many seasons as it takes to fully adapt the manga :shakefist:

--------------------

Edited by musiclover420 (04/01/19 04:11 PM)

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#25912423 - 04/02/19 10:07 PM (5 years, 15 days ago)

For fans of the Drifters series I learned the other day that episode 15 came out bundled with the most recent manga: [url=https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-09-20/drifters-anime-gets-15th-episode-on-dvd-bundled-with-manga-6th-volume-in-november/.137060]https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-09-20/drifters-anime-gets-15th-episode-on-dvd-bundled-with-manga-6th-volume-in-november/.137060

The 13th and 14th episodes of the anime shipped on Blu-ray Disc in regular and limited-edition versions on December 23. Tomoaki Maeno joined the cast as Banzelmashin Shylock VIII in the sequel.

[/url]

Quote:

Shonengahosha announced on Wednesday that Kouta Hirano's Drifters manga will get another OVA that will serve as the anime's 15th episode. The episode, titled "The Outlandish Knight," will feature the march of the "Black King Army." The anime will ship on DVD with a special version of the manga's sixth volume on November 30. The set will retail for 2,591 yen (about US$23).

Haven't been able to find it online yet but it is apparently out there, though only subbed just like episodes 13-14.

Also apparently as the manga only comes out sporadically around 3-4 chapters a year it may be a long time before we get a S2, and they might keep releasing specials like this. Hopefully they get dubbed eventually at least.

If anyone finds ep 15 online please post it here, been meaning to re read the manga but would love to watch the new special first.

--------------------

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: General anime discussion thread [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #25939657 - 04/17/19 10:23 AM (5 years, 1 day ago)

Been on a classic horror anime binge, found a few old gems:

Wicked City 1987:

Pretty dark/sexual supernatural fantasy, nice horror elements. The monster art reminded me of xenomorphs from Alien, pretty freaky at parts. It was based on a book written by the guy who wrote Vampire Hunter D and some other classic japanese horror novels.

Lily Cat, also 1987:

This one has some rougher animation, nice sci fi horror though. The plot is actually a lot like the first Alien movie, people stranded in space with some weird alien organism. Not too scary but also has great monster art and some nice sci fi elements.

Doomed Megalopolis (1991 surprisingly, art/feel is pretty classic):

This is a 4 part OVA, pretty strange supernatural horror about some sort of crazy Chinese communist pagan mystic who's trying to get revenge on mankind even if it means destroying the planet. This one also gets pretty dark and sexual at times.

Twilight Of The Dark Master:

This is another 90's anime that looks a few decades older, pretty nice supernatural elements.

And here's a more recent one I just started called King Of Thorn:

--------------------

Edited by musiclover420 (04/17/19 10:24 AM)

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
    #25939676 - 04/17/19 10:35 AM (5 years, 1 day ago)

All i watch nowadays is one piece and boruto.

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: General anime discussion thread [Re: Chakanooga]
    #25939684 - 04/17/19 10:40 AM (5 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Chakanooga said:
All i watch nowadays is one piece and boruto.

Classic anime is where it's at. So many old gems. The animation might be rough but the oldschool art can also look amazing, the biggest issue are the shitty old dubs. But some are decent.

IMO plot wise anime have gone way downhill. So many anime these days use the same rehashed cliche plots, and rely heavily on fan service and other crap instead of unique/original plots/stories.

Actually was thinking about trying to get back into Naruto recently, was a big fan as a kid but stopped watching fairly early in the series. So it's tempting to try and catch up, but series full of filler are pains to binge...

--------------------

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
    #25939720 - 04/17/19 11:07 AM (5 years, 1 day ago)

I just got done watching season one of the promised neverland and (what's already aired) rising of the shield hero. Fucking loved everything about promised neverland immediately, even started reading the manga just because I got hooked immediately, rising of the shield hero I thought was going to be garbage but it grew on me pretty quickly and so far I don't have very many complaints if any at all.

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Re: General anime discussion thread [Re: SirShroomsAlott]
    #25939755 - 04/17/19 11:24 AM (5 years, 1 day ago)

Ive watched a ton of newgen anime, so the anime you listed would definitely be a new world for me. All the titles youve mentioned, and i havent seen any of them. I guess its time to go to the classics instead of waiting for the next studio to drop a new megahit.

Quote:

SirShroomsAlott said:
I just got done watching season one of the promised neverland and (what's already aired) rising of the shield hero. Fucking loved everything about promised neverland immediately, even started reading the manga just because I got hooked immediately, rising of the shield hero I thought was going to be garbage but it grew on me pretty quickly and so far I don't have very many complaints if any at all.

Those are two more I havent seen or heard of, thank you. If they as good as you mentioned then i think its time to spread out and check out some of these underground titles.

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: General anime discussion thread [Re: Chakanooga] * 1
    #25939785 - 04/17/19 11:37 AM (5 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Chakanooga said:
Ive watched a ton of newgen anime, so the anime you listed would definitely be a new world for me. All the titles youve mentioned, and i havent seen any of them. I guess its time to go to the classics instead of waiting for the next studio to drop a new megahit.

Quote:

SirShroomsAlott said:

Those are two more I havent seen or heard of, thank you. If they as good as you mentioned then i think its time to spread out and check out some of these underground titles.

Classics can be hit or miss especially the dub quality, but there are so many gems. And it's cool seeing the evolution of concepts over the decades, or watching earlier anime from famous directors or writers/artists.

Just starting watching this old OVA called Baoh, which is based off an 80's manga from the creator of JoJo's bizarre adventure: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baoh

The OVA is up on youtube, just a single 46~ minute episode:

BAOH English full OVA

Youtube is a treasure trove for rare old anime, though the quality varies but there are a surprising amount of HD movies up. Here's another interesting 80's OVA I came across on youtube:

Black Magic M-66 (1987).

Very classic sci fi about secret military research into advanced android weaponry. Which is a fairly common concept in anime that you can see evolve over the years.

--------------------

OfflineBondobih
Porkchop
Loc: FL
    #25940422 - 04/17/19 06:38 PM (5 years, 21 hours ago)

yall ever watch kill la kill while tripping? Lmfao. Wasnt a fan sober, huge fan on mushrooms

--------------------

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Re: General anime discussion thread [Re: Bondobih]
    #25940459 - 04/17/19 07:01 PM (5 years, 21 hours ago)

If theres any anime id trip to, its Flcl.

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: General anime discussion thread [Re: Bondobih]
    #25940747 - 04/17/19 10:41 PM (5 years, 17 hours ago)

Quote:

Bondobih said:
yall ever watch kill la kill while tripping? Lmfao. Wasnt a fan sober, huge fan on mushrooms

That was a very weird/dark show to watch even just stoned :lol: Pretty interesting series.

Parts of it confused me though, like I remember the main guy talking about "leveling up" from killing monsters. That and some other moments made me wonder if it was supposed to be a video game/MMO or something weird. Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention, only watched it while it was airing.

--------------------

OfflineAcidAstronaut
Stranger

#25971980 - 05/04/19 11:36 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Been watching Golden Wind.It’s been pretty good so far-my favorite Stands this season are Li’l Bomber,Moody Jazz,Purple Smoke and Spicy Lady:I’m up to episode 27.

--------------------
Ayahuasca recipes

Mescaline Albums

PKD is to acid as H.P.Lovecraft is to shrooms

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: General anime discussion thread [Re: AcidAstronaut]
    #25972053 - 05/04/19 12:13 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

AcidAstronaut said:
Been watching Golden Wind.It’s been pretty good so far-my favorite Stands this season are Li’l Bomber,Moody Jazz,Purple Smoke and Spicy Lady:I’m up to episode 27.

I'm almost finished with Diamond Is Unbreakable, such a weird series. I've always thought Jojo was pretty overhyped though, it's a fun show with some very interesting moments but it's so cliche at times. I wish it had been a sienen manga.

--------------------

Offlineno_one
Stranger

#26040492 - 06/08/19 04:47 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Vinland Saga starts airing on 8 July 2019!!!

Trailer

Everyone here should watch this anime because the it has the potential on easily being the best anime of this year. If they don’t screw it up…

I think the trailer looks great and it’s being made by WIT Studios, so I’m optimistic about this anime.

I’ve been waiting for an anime adaptation of this manga since I started to read it last year and I'm happy it's finally getting one. I just hope this anime does the manga justice because it’s superbly written, and it has amazing art.

Well, even if it's a mediocre adaptation, I’m just happy that more people will now read the manga.

Now, if Wit Studio does a good job on this adaptation, I just hope they acquire Berserk:thumbup:

I really wish that Berserk 2016/2017 looked this great:( It deserves the same level of quality in their adaptations....

Edited by no_one (06/08/19 10:39 PM)

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: General anime discussion thread [Re: no_one]
    #26043563 - 06/10/19 10:22 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds familiar, will definitely check that out :thumbup:

I've been catching up on the JoJo manga, almost done with part 7 which has been quite bizarre indeed so far. Part 8 is still ongoing but I'm excited to catch up.

Anyways just noticed that Lupin The 3rd part 5 is going to start airing on Toonami in 5 days! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupin_the_Third_Part_5

Quote:

] It will also air on Toonami in the United States starting on June 15, 2019.[7]

Was trying to find out when the dub was coming out and saw that on Wiki. Super excited to start watching the dub in less then a week :awesomenod:

Lupin Part 5 was the best new anime I've watched in years, amazing art and story all around. Can't wait to finally watch it dubbed.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | Next >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder