Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

The drug czar says pot is 30 times more potent today
    #2174004 - 12/13/03 12:34 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well so what! Isn't that a good thing? Not just for the users but for general health aswell. I always remember hearing all the crap about 300 some odd chemicals that are in pot besides THC and all the tar and whatnot. OK, maybe not crap, I just don't care. Anyway, My point is that if it is more potent then that means we don't have to smoke as much right. Less of all those bad chems and tar. The potency arguement seems more like a pro pot stance to me. It seems to me that if it is so much more potent (this is contended) then the health riskd are much less and it is a safer drug than it used to be. And I seem to remember something about upping the punishment for higher grade/potency pot. If that is true it seems contradictory to many of the reasons it is illegal. Would they be trying to force people who aren't rich (prices for hiigh grade would increase) to smoke the low grade more unheathy strains? I don't know, just something that crossed my mind.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: The drug czar says pot is 30 times more potent today [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2174115 - 12/13/03 02:10 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Not only is it a good thing, but it's not true. I've read about how studies which say pot is more potent now compare shitty, low quality weed from the 60's(like Mexican shit) and compare it to high-potency chronic of today. Apples and oranges. Ok, so maybe there are some super-potent strains out now that weren't here in the 60's, but most people don't have access to it. I mean, the pot's pretty good out here in California, but I've talked to people who've gone to other parts of the U.S. and they say the weed's totally shitty.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: The drug czar says pot is 30 times more potent today [Re: silversoul7]
    #2174123 - 12/13/03 02:17 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It is slightly morepotent today but only 1 or 2 % more.Sensimilia has risen slightly more than average. Regardless of the actual numbers it is tha arguement that they have been using. Am I the only one that sees it as a contradiction on their part to use it as anti when it realy is more of a pro arguement (if the numbers were true of course). And taking it a step further, if it was legalized couldn't it be enginered to be extreemly potent and therfor much less hazardus? Of course on the other hand if it was too potent then you would not be able to enjoy the act of smoking itself.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2174127 - 12/13/03 02:20 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

In their minds, more potent=getting more fucked up=bad.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: The drug czar says pot is 30 times more potent today [Re: silversoul7]
    #2174137 - 12/13/03 02:39 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Fuct aint it. people are gonna get high regardless. Their concern should be to make it as safe as possible.

--------------------

InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

Loc: Hale-Bopp
    #2174186 - 12/13/03 03:37 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

What, and have the united states adopt a doctrine of harm reduction like the nations with SUCCESSFUL drug policies?

* laughs until he pukes blood *

Seriously, the Drug War's only victim is the people. The dealers get rich, the gov't takes our rights and money.

--------------------
He was a cowboy in one of the seven days a week fights. No business, no hangout; no friends, nothing; just what you pick up and what you need.

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: The drug czar says pot is 30 times more potent today [Re: Kid_Orgo]
    #2174195 - 12/13/03 03:42 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Unfortunatly it isn't likely to change while drug companies continue to pump millions into the political system.Who would the push their crap on then?

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #2174437 - 12/13/03 09:30 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mntlfngrs said:
Unfortunatly it isn't likely to change while drug companies continue to pump millions into the political system.Who would the push their crap on then?

and the Amerikkkan ppl idealize the CEOs of the pharmaceutical companines..because of their achievements as individuals..while at the same time berating them for ripping them off..but to them their success gives them the right to do that..worse than merely being hippocrisy..it is part of a larger personality cult around these corporate autocrats in general...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
    #2174657 - 12/13/03 12:21 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mntlfngrs said:
Well so what! Isn't that a good thing? Not just for the users but for general health aswell. I always remember hearing all the crap about 300 some odd chemicals that are in pot besides THC and all the tar and whatnot. OK, maybe not crap, I just don't care. Anyway, My point is that if it is more potent then that means we don't have to smoke as much right. Less of all those bad chems and tar. The potency arguement seems more like a pro pot stance to me. It seems to me that if it is so much more potent (this is contended) then the health riskd are much less and it is a safer drug than it used to be. And I seem to remember something about upping the punishment for higher grade/potency pot. If that is true it seems contradictory to many of the reasons it is illegal. Would they be trying to force people who aren't rich (prices for hiigh grade would increase) to smoke the low grade more unheathy strains? I don't know, just something that crossed my mind.

I've always thought the same thing. Most of the ill effects that are ascribed to cannabis smoking come from the non-psychoactive chemicals (hydrocarbons and tars and such) that are volitized by the lighter. Certaintly their are very few, if any, proven medical studies that show that any cannibinoid or cannibidoid are harmful to humans. Thus, increasing the number of psychoactive chemicals reduces the overall amount of pot to be smoked to get the user "stoned". Thus, fewer of the carcinogens that exist in (all) smoke are taken in, and it's actually better for you.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: The drug czar says pot is 30 times more potent today [Re: enimatpyrt]
    #2175302 - 12/13/03 06:10 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The only people who profit off the drug war are Drug dealers and prisons. Maybe the government should figure out. Fewer laws instead of more prisons.

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
Re: The drug czar says pot is 30 times more potent today [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #2175312 - 12/13/03 06:15 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Exactly. And the numerous law enforcement agencies that get more funding for their department if they make more drug arrests.

--------------------
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale