Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWiener
The Jesus

Loc: Portland, OR
just how obvious IS it??
    #2170825 - 12/10/03 01:22 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Just how obvious is being on mushies? I've personally never been around those on them and myself not be tripping, so I have no idea personally. I think, however, that it isn't as obvious as I percieve it to be.
I usually trip in public places, like parks and such, and I often wonder if those around me can tell, or if they just think I'm drunk...or they don't suspect anything...
Input?

--------------------
Happy Trails!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: just how obvious IS it?? [Re: Wiener]
    #2170843 - 12/10/03 02:20 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think what you're saying is right; they probably don't suspect you're tripping. most likely if you behave weird they'll think you're drunk or something.

Offlinefleshofgods
SpiritualVisionary
Loc: In a daze . . .
Re: just how obvious IS it?? [Re: stefan]
    #2170902 - 12/10/03 07:05 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It's really tough to be around authority figures such as parents and police. I find a park filled with children and parents and the occasional cop to be a little too much.

--------------------
Holler!

OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
Re: just how obvious IS it?? [Re: fleshofgods]
    #2170948 - 12/10/03 09:50 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I once spent 4 hours in a rural police station tripping my ass off on LSD. Worse part was that I wasen't there cause I was in trouble. I had just broke down and had to wait there for a ride. They kept trying to be nice and talk to me, and keep me entertained. I was about to fuckin scream.

--------------------

OfflineMikeHuntShrooms
enthusiast

Re: just how obvious IS it?? [Re: JetBlackNinja]
    #2170953 - 12/10/03 10:04 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

lmao

--------------------
Click this link now!
http://venus.walagata.com/w/mikehuntshrooms/scream.jpg

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: just how obvious IS it?? [Re: JetBlackNinja]
    #2171127 - 12/10/03 08:18 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Dude that would be fucking wierd! You should have told the you just felt like waiting outside. I know I couldn't take that at all.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Anonymous

Re: just how obvious IS it?? [Re: barfightlard]
    #2171231 - 12/11/03 05:39 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Man, if I was tripping in a police station my soul would be like "You're on your own" and my lifeless body would collapse to the floor.

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#2171628 - 12/11/03 09:03 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I have been around somebody who was tripping before an it was really hard to tell they were. The only thing that clued me in was they were being rather antisocial at a party. He was just sitting there looking around and not talking to people.

But he looked normal in apearance, he just wasnt acting like his normal social self.

BTW, that was a funny story about the cop station. I seriously cant amagine how that must have been. Talk about being behind enemy lines. uggg

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: just how obvious IS it?? [Re: OctopusDr]
    #2171720 - 12/11/03 10:05 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I duuno man, I've seen my friends trippin all the time and I can immediatly tell they're tripping. This one kid who lieks to go to the field by himself and come back to my apt. tripping out I always can tell just by how he acts, it'll take him 10mins to get from his car to my door and if I don't notice he was there and how long it took him to get 20ft. as soon as I open the door he just has that look on his face, like stareing off and dumb looking kinda like a little kid, not to mention his eyes, the fact his pupils are dialated to hell and you can just tell someones not right if you look into there eyes. I was trippin the other day and it was beautiful out (70degs) and windy so I went for a "walk" around my neighborhood, well I didn't actually made it far from my building though, I was just staring up at the clouds stumbling around and gettin frightened by leaves that were sneaking up on me cuz of the wind, if my neighbors saw me they would be fuckin stupid to think I was just drunk, I was playing with everyones mailboxes and shit for about 30min then would just stumble around again staring at trees and clouds and jumping away for ants and leaves.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: just how obvious IS it?? [Re: John]
    #2172415 - 12/12/03 05:20 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think it depends on the dose and what your tripping on. with lower shroom/lsd doses you can act pretty normal sometimes. but someone tripping hard on acid?you can just feel it or just by looking at thier face and how they act an you will know. but i guess the question was for nonexpirienced people that might not have the advantages trippers do.

Edited by mindcandy (12/12/03 05:24 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: just how obvious IS it?? [Re: buckwheat]
    #2172609 - 12/12/03 08:52 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Out side of dilated pupils it is hard to tell if one is high on acid or shrooms or peyote (mescaline_) However, on shrooms, many people have the habit of laughing, sometimes inane and incessintly at nothing. You can crack up. In some parts of Europe when children began opver playing and laughing at things or about things which are not funny, parents might asked them, hav e you been eating narrenschw?mme (eating foolish mushrooms), They also say similar things to their children in Hungary and parts of the baltics.

mj

Always remember that you are the one who is high.

When I was younger and lived in Haight-AShbury int he late 1960s I use to walk up to policeman on Haight street stoned out of my mine and i would take off my sunglasses and ask an fficer what time it was and then politely thank him for giving me the time of the day, relizing that he had no idea I was stoned at all. That taught me not to p be paranoid of them.

This was a period of time inthe Haight when speed freaks and their methy were taking over the district along with smack junckies. And many apratment builkdings at night oin the haight, especially on page and Waller streets (both run paralel to the haight, had people all night sleeping in and/or hanging out all night in aprtment stairwells watching and/or waiting for theMAN who never came. They would look at everyone and say that the person they were looking at were narcs or cops or whatever.

But you control the trip and the officer has no comprehension that you are stoned.

Of course on pot it is a different story becasue many young adults get paranoia on pot.

mj

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: just how obvious IS it?? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2172643 - 12/12/03 09:20 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I first met my roommate's parents tripping, whoops.  They had no idea, I think I was quite charming.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
Re: just how obvious IS it?? [Re: Noviseer]
    #2174007 - 12/13/03 12:37 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think it is hard for anybody to tell if someone is tripping, unless they have had an experience. One way that clues me into whether someone is trippign or not is the way a they look at you, also sometimes the way they act. Sometimes they will seem like they are tried, but they are truly flying in outer space, and it overwhelms them too much to really concentrate on doing anything else than trip out in their heads, and are not very willing to do many active things, hence the "tried" look.

Oh yea, if the tripper giggles at things a sober person would never really laugh at. (like the tripper looks at a pair of shoes, or listens to a conversation about exams and begins to giggle)

OfflineCeeEssGee
Canadian-American

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
    #2174015 - 12/13/03 12:44 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I know that I have been around shrooming people when I'm sober, and I can tell outright that they are on some drug besides alcohol. The key give away is the eyes, and the fact that when someone is drunk, you can smell it on them. Still, if someone just sees you from far away, and they aren't someone who is experienced, they will probably just think you are drunk, or eccentric (I've done weirder things, sober, than most people, on shrooms..).

--------------------
Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: just how obvious IS it?? [Re: CeeEssGee]
    #2174105 - 12/13/03 02:00 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

If you trip yourself, it's fairly obvious to tell who is tripping and who is not. But in general, I try to stay away from situations in which I'll have to deal with people who are not tripping when I am. I'm pretty sure I can pull acting normal if I had to, but I just don't want to be in that sort of postiion.

BTW, I'm sure this has been asked before, but lets say you're taking a walk in the park at night, tripping, with a few friends. Cops come out of know where. Lets say you're basically cornered and you have to face the cops. The have suspicion you're on drugs... How would the rest of this senerio play out?

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Invisiblefour20snakeman
Background Noise
Male

Loc: /\ /\ Right there /\ /\
Re: just how obvious IS it?? [Re: djd586]
    #2174139 - 12/13/03 02:42 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Very badly, cause the first thing a cop will do in a dark park is shine that damn maglite in your eyes.

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: just how obvious IS it?? [Re: four20snakeman]
    #2174222 - 12/13/03 04:21 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I love talking to shroomers when I'm sober. Of course I prefer to be a shroomer myself, but I'll take what's available of the two...

It isn't necessarily easy to tell if someone's tripping, although sometimes it really is. It's easier if you know them somewhat well, because you would be more likely to spot any differences in the way they behave towards you and everything around them.

When I trip I always think its so obvious to everyone around me, but apparently it isn't. Even when I've thought I was behaving in an obviously altered way friends have been unaware I was under the influence. I think it's probably really obvious to trippers but not so much to nontrippers. They might just assume you're a little antisocial, or a major lovey dovey hippie, or too easily amused, but drugs aren't generally the first conclusion.

I can usually tell when someone I know is tripping just by the intensity of thier facial expressions. Eyes gleam knowingly, and when you hold eye contact for a moment and have begun to suspect thier state of being it's as though you share a secret in that glance, that moment of recognition.

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: just how obvious IS it?? [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2175406 - 12/13/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

A friend once told me
"You don't have a neon sign on your head that reads TRIPPING."

People usually don't know what to look for, and if they're not thinking of it, they'll think you're drunk or just not care.
At a local convention where people I know often use drugs, an ex-girlfriend came up to me and said all smart-assed "You sure are enjoying the hell out of that gum, aren't you?"
trying to be snide as if she knew I was rolling.
Joke's on her: I was tweaking.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Invisiblethepodman
Pod King

Loc: Pod Nightmare
Re: just how obvious IS it?? [Re: valour]
    #2177130 - 12/14/03 03:17 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

One time I took acid at school. I was walking through the halls and I saw this kid. I looked at his eyes and they were all sparkly and weird-looking. He looked at me like he was paranoid. The next day I found out he was tripping too.

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
Re: just how obvious IS it?? [Re: thepodman]
    #2177179 - 12/14/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

well if youre in a house, and you have pale eyes , its goin to be really obvious that youre tripping, cuz of your pupils (less apparent if you have brown eyes, well darker eyes)...if youre outside in the day your pupils should be constricted as they should be because of the sunlight...well personally my eyes are only two black holes surrounded by white when i trip, and I really hate lookin at myself , i feel guilty or sometn...

Edited by Grapefruity (12/14/03 03:37 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom