Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Frozen in Time
    #2171148 - 12/11/03 12:52 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I was having a conversation with someone about this. If you could be frozen in time, meaning, if you could be whomever you were at any time up until now, and stay that way for the rest of eternity (or until life on earth ended), which age would you pick?

I was thinking I would be 44. I learned a lot about myself, and I deduced a lot about life, at that age. (No, Swami, I don't have any evidence to support what I learned, but you can have my brain when I die.)

The person with whom I was having this conversation said he would want to be 32, because that's when he was having the most fun in life. ???

Okay, so some of us are shallow. I would rather be old and wrinkled and be knowlegeable about life than be young and good-looking and having fun but know nothing.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Frozen in Time [Re: Frog]
    #2171159 - 12/11/03 01:21 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I thought this was a thread about the speed of the Shroomery lately.  :lol:

Seriously, I wouldn't go for the offer. I consider this world to be nearly the lowest rung on the ladder of worlds and look forward to serving out my time here.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Frozen in Time [Re: Jellric]
    #2171239 - 12/11/03 11:01 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Oh, come on, Jellric, play along. Yes, I agree, this is probably the bottom rung, but pretend that this is it, and once we die, there's nothing. So if you could stay alive forever, at what age would you want to be frozen for eternity? And why?

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2171247 - 12/11/03 11:44 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well if I were stuck in the body forever I would have to go with age nuh nuh nineteen. Nineteen. Nineteen is the sexual peak for males- if I were stuck I'd want to be in prime physical condition so I would work out like mad until I reached nineteen, hit the freeze button, then watch tv, drink beer and make love the rest of my life without worrying about becoming out of shape!

On my off time I would write books and post on the Shroomery.

I would also build a greenhouse for most known entheogens and have eternity to sample, cultivate/hybridize, and write books on the same. Expeditions to find undiscovered plants would kill a lot of time and provide material for upcoming books and pay-per-view specials.

From October until June, I would revel in my role as starting guard for the New Orleans Hornets, leading them to the NBA championship from 2004-2008 and 2010-2024.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2171325 - 12/11/03 04:22 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Those sound like good reasons for choosing the age at which you chose to be frozen, but one of the rules for this (that I just made up) is that you can't have the knowledge and/or wisdom of the years that you lived if you had chosen an older age.

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
    #2171340 - 12/11/03 05:00 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
I consider this world to be nearly the lowest rung on the ladder of worlds and look forward to serving out my time here.

:lol: same sentiments exactly... I like the way u put it tho
"lowest rung of the ladder" is about right :grin:
altho there was a time when I truely appreciated this rung of
the ladder and marveled at it's beauty...to bad I've lost
that ability :sad:

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Frozen in Time [Re: lucid]
    #2171587 - 12/11/03 08:26 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I believe "life is great, people are wonderful".

Who said that?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
    #2171620 - 12/11/03 08:56 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think it was me in the past 9 months...
altho I used to say (and actually believe !) that in
in my 27 years on the planet prior...

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: Frozen in Time [Re: lucid]
    #2171780 - 12/11/03 10:42 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Why is this the lowest rung of the ladder? How do you even know it? And how is the beauty of it at all lost?

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Frozen in Time [Re: ergot]
    #2171928 - 12/11/03 11:58 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I am going to ask a question. Don't laugh at my ignorance, as someone else did once.

That person explained to me that there are 5 "levels", so to speak.  On the bottom level is "nothing".  The next level are things that are inanimate, not organic, something like that, and they are aware (I don't know how) of things on the level below them, but not of the things on the level above them.

The next level is things that are organic, but not people.  This level knows of the things on the two levels below them, but not of the things on the levels above them.

The next level is people, and they know of levels beneath them, but not of the one level above them, and have to guess about the things on that level. 

The things on the highest level, at which we as humans might guess at but never really know for sure, are things like spirits, heaven, etc. 

What is that called?

But that philosophy, or whatever it is, would show that we aren't on the bottom level, in living this life here on planet earth, wouldn't it?

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?  Or are you just too  busy laughing?  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2171938 - 12/12/03 12:06 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It seems the bottom level is inanimate objects, such as minerals, rocks, which know nothingness and only nothingness (the level beneath them). Above that being an organic realm or telluric realm of the 2nd density where plants and animals reside. And our plane, the 3rd density of polarized human consciousness. Above that would be the less physical plane of 4th density, still physical but much less dense, and then 5th density and above which is pure spirit/energy/light/consciousness/wisdom

It is the 'levels' or vibrations of the densities and dimensions. The signature frequency of all things that determine its properties. 3rd density is not the bottom of the chain, but it is as low as human consciousness can inhabit. Every rung or level of every density is an equally important part of the sum of its parts. The frequencies are synergistic, as they build off each other and act in harmony. Every realm is equally vital to the existance of the rest.

Although there are thought to be many densities beyond 5th, some think up to 11. But in terms of our understanding, 1st-5th densities are from most physical (very dense, non spiritual) to non-physical (less dense, purely spiritual).

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Frozen in Time [Re: Shroomism]
    #2171979 - 12/12/03 12:46 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yes! You understand! But what is it called! It has a name!

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2171987 - 12/12/03 12:50 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

And by the way, did you know that the earth resonates at 7.8 hertz or Htz or however you say it and so does the human mind when it is engaging in psychic activity? So do most ADHD brains.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2171993 - 12/12/03 12:58 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

sacred geometry? superstring theory? dimensional planes..all of existence.. what?
yes the earth is entering the next plane and so are we  :cool:

--------------------

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #2172525 - 12/12/03 07:34 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I'd choose 48, because I have a strong feeling I'll die when I'm 47. If there's any way I can live eternity, I prefer to live it dead. Life becomes boring if you live forever, especially if you keep doing the same stuff over and over when frozen in time.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2172564 - 12/12/03 08:24 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Nineteen is the sexual peak for males-

In general, but there are always rule breakers. I am just now coming (no pun intended) into my sexual, physical, and mental peak in my 40s.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale