Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Acid in Museums
    #2171032 - 12/10/03 05:42 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Anyone ever trip in a museum? Alexander Shulgin used to, I believe. So I hear, its all about threshold doses. We definately dont want freak outs or to many giggles since our eyes will be huge.

So me and some friends are going into the city (NYC) this weekend to hit up a museum. All 5 or 6 of us will be taking low doses of blotter, probably a hit or two at most per head. Our big debate with each other is metropolitan museum of art or museum of natural history. What do you guys think would be trippier? I want the art one personally. Even if we dont go to the art one I'll go back and trip myself next month  :tongue: :rasta: :tongue:

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebilly cuts
turntablingmycologist

Loc: Saturn
Re: Acid in Museums [Re: iloveraving]
    #2171044 - 12/10/03 06:16 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Definitely the art museum.  I don't think I'd like it on acid though.  Permagrin is way too high :smile: I was thinking of eating a gram or 2 of mushrooms or a low dose of 2c-i/e and hitting up the art museum here....

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
Re: Acid in Museums [Re: iloveraving]
    #2171054 - 12/10/03 06:50 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Go to the Met. I loved that place and couldn't stop thinking about how amazing it would be tripping last time I was there. I've been to both, and I think the Metropolitan would be more suited for a head full of LSD. There's so many awesome rooms there. Try going to the very back, first floor. I think it's a wide open room with sculptures. Plus also the japanese part is cool, along with the part that looks like the palace of vesallies.

And I wouldn't worry too much about looking weird. In NYC, NOBODY cares about ANYBODY. You could do any thing and the people around you would just keep going and ignore you. Hell, you can even smoke weed on the side of it and people wouldn't care, I know.  :smirk: :smile:

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Acid in Museums [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #2171154 - 12/11/03 03:09 AM (13 years, 4 days ago)

I'm going to a museum on a museum dose of shrooms over break, I'll tell you how it goes.  I love looking at art on shrooms. I'm a musician, much more aurally oriented, and shrooms help me appreciate the visual side of the arts.  Art looks REAL to me on shrooms, as if the layers of fuzz separating the artist's meaning from my perception of the painting just dissolve.  On a more basic level, psilocybin just makes everything so much more beautiful; or rather, allows me to see the inherent beauty in everything  :heartpump:

--------------------

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Acid in Museums [Re: Noviseer]
    #2171591 - 12/11/03 10:34 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

In st. pEte/ Tampa there is the largest Salvador Dali collection museum where people are always trippin....if you are ever in that area, I suggest checkin it out even if your sober.

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Re: Acid in Museums [Re: orizon]
    #2171678 - 12/11/03 11:36 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

Went to a rave on halloween in SF, put on by Tantra, it was held at the Somarts Art Gallery, I was on x but a friend of mine was on shrooms and it was great for him...far side you've got the main room, next smaller room with dancing and next smaller room with ambient ppl lying on ground and next...art gallery. walking from one end of the rave to the other was quite an experience.

www.tantrasf.com

check it out no shows scheduled yet but will be sooner or later. They are always head at the somarts gallery and there is a new exhibition there each time. Great raves.

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Acid in Museums [Re: jong21]
    #2171912 - 12/12/03 01:49 AM (13 years, 3 days ago)

There is a light museum in Ft. lauderdale called Lumonics in which 75% of the people who go are usually tripping. Its more like a lounge-chill club where they book DJ's that play ambient techno and put on an interactive light show that goes with the music. The artwork is amazing...not only for its detail but for the fact it lights up!!!---moves around and it all geometric. This is more of a rave than a museum but they call it a museum and its run by a few hippies who help this old couple (Tanner) make the artwork and run the club. Pretty cool....Its a hole in the wall kind of but the website is www.lumonics.net if your interested.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports