Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: Mechanicsburg, PA
    #2170926 - 12/10/03 10:15 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

My first treasure coast cake is currently being dunked in a jar filled with semi-cold water in the fridge. At approximately 345 today, I am going to remove it from the fridge roll it in verm, make sure verm is on the top and bottom and put it in my fruiting chamber which consists of: a bottom tub with 1 inch perlite and .25 inch water/bleach/lysol mixture. I am then going to take the lid of the kerr shouldered jar put some vermiculite in there as well and place it on top of the perlite and water mixture. I am then going to put a lid on the tub and put holes in it. I plan on fanning it only once a day since the perlite will keep the humidity up. There are two heaters in the room keeping the temp at about 72 degrees. I am going to keep direct florescent light on the cake for 12 hours and then turn it off for the next twelve. Can anyone tell me how many days roughly before I should see pinheads? Are pinheads more potent then shrooms? Finally, I was wondering whether the cake was supposed to be so hard, I had actually expected it to be somewhat "squishy". Does my plan for growing the mushies sound like it'll work? IF this birthday cake works then I'm going to take my four b+'s that are fully colonized and case them. Thanks guys and gals. :nut:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: yikes..help [Re: ChillyShed]
    #2170938 - 12/10/03 11:03 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

happy birthday  :smile:

all sounds good except that the cake needs both humidity and lots of fresh air - try to fan at least 3x daily.
also, if you have 4 other cakes fully colonised, why wait? you can expect to wait 7-12 days for the first pins on the cake - and don't be hasty to pick them small, as they take just 5 days to get nice and big. pick em after the veil breaks, before they drop spores!

good luck  :thumbup:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation