Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: hooked on LSD? [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2293211 - 02/02/04 02:35 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

But on the goodside your thought process probably leads you to a type of wisdom which is greater than A4 people. Its only the genral society and authority that make people believe there is such thing as an "acid casualty". Acid is a thing I could imagine doing til I'm like 100 years old (and I do it so seldomn a year that...) so out of curiousity, could you explain how the thought process changes?

Edited by filthysock (02/02/04 02:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: hooked on LSD? [Re: filthysock]
    #2293867 - 02/02/04 10:19 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If i had to generalise, i'd say you become preoccupied with your trips. They take up alot of space in your mind,,,i can remember every trip and details therofe from 5 years ago flawlessly. I think this is becuae and acid experience prduces slight psycological stress, which often manifests in flashbacks. Only tramatising and impacting expereinces induce flashbacks in people, and while it may not seem that imlpacting at the time of usage, when you stop you begin to see how much it did. I was always thinking about my trips....constantly, i couldn't stop. Waiting for the bus, i'd look at the pavment, and it'd start waving and moving around, same with tree branches, textured wall paper, etc. It was a full 6 months before these started to diminish, and about 3 years before i stopped thinking about trips....but to this day the memory remains.

I'd do acid again now that i've accepted the past, but i would use one experience only rarely because its a cumulative impact on ones pysche.

This is just my opinion, but if others had similar pls say...i'd like to konw if this kind of effect was common.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineCalbha
Nerd of the Herd

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizona
    #2294210 - 02/02/04 12:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

to be honest i cant quite put my finger on how it affected my brain i just know it has as for driving at night time that can be dangerous if youre in the middle of a flashback or your depth perception is off or if you become distracted with tracers in street lights or something.....fortunatly nothing bad has happened yet but ive had some close calls.

--------------------
Learn from your mistakes never regret them....

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #2294257 - 02/02/04 01:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It's affected my thought process in soooo many ways. Besides the fact that i'm totally obsessed with LSD and all of my experiences with it, it has basically completely rewired my brain. I sort of think in circles a lot sometimes, and sometimes it feels like my brain is going so fast that it's hard to keep up with it. I also notice that a lot of times when i think about something, i start to analyze it from all these different perspectives and sometimes its just too much nonstop thinking. I need to figure out a way to slow it down. It can make me feel insane at times when i cant chill out my mind. People say HPPD is bullshit but I dunno. I still get visuals all the time, and i know that isn't supposed to happen. I really think that i just never really stopped tripping.

Is there anybody out there who also experiences this who has any advice on how to deal with it better? I know im not the only one. I dont mind it most of the time, but when i get stressed out about school or life or whatever then this can become hard to deal with

I'm generally just focusing on the negative in this post, there have been tons of positive things (more positive than negative) that have resulted from this change as well.

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineCalbha
Nerd of the Herd

Folding@home Statistics
    #2294431 - 02/02/04 02:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

YES! I DIDN'T THINK IT COULD HAVE BEEN EXPLAINED BUT THAT WAS IT SIR! GOOD FUCKING JOB!

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#2294737 - 02/02/04 04:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Slipknot420 said:
Is there anybody out there who also experiences this who has any advice on how to deal with it better?

Time will reduce the effects. Practice meditation, and try to clear your mind....it takes practice but helps.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineCalbha
Nerd of the Herd

Folding@home Statistics
Re: hooked on LSD? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #2294823 - 02/02/04 04:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

ill try the meditation but its been about 2-3 years since ive touched acid maybe im not waiting long enough or what?

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: hooked on LSD? [Re: Calbha]
    #2296685 - 02/03/04 07:58 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yea im not really counting on it going away, i think its pretty permanent

i try to avoid drinking caffiene cause i've found caffiene seems to make it a lot worse for me

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: hooked on LSD? [Re: Calbha]
    #2297060 - 02/03/04 10:56 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

YOu guys proly did alot more than me...i did 3 hits a week for like 3 months, then after a four hit trip, i realised lsd was NOT entertainment...i had had some intense trips before, but after that i realised the amazing power it had and quit.  I did in a few months later, but only 1/4, 1/2 a tab, mixed with alcohal.  One one hit i was able to drik a whole bottle of vodka.  I dindn't pass out, didnt' even feel sick, but the room was spinning like it does right before you pass out....it was an interesting sensation.

:nut:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: hooked on LSD? [Re: ]
    #2297213 - 02/03/04 12:00 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Wow yeah... drinking on acid is probably pretty cool and probably reduces anxiety/bad trips. Anyway, it sounds like the way acid can permanently affect your brain has alot more good sides to it than negative, I guess it depends on HOW you percieve it to be, like a trip, if you're in a negative mindset the outcome will be negative, if you see something as positive, it will turn out positive, its like that in everyday life aswell. Cyd Barret became crazy but he functions well and makes incredible art still... its just because of society that he's locked up in an institution... in my opinion.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]