Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGrandpa
Oh, my achingback

Loc: Springfield
Re: hooked on LSD? [Re: ergot]
    #2223911 - 01/06/04 06:01 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

really? will it honestly make some one go crazy?

Yes!!!

Not forever, they will eventually become rational again, but you can get post-traumatic stress disorder or some other mental illnesses.

I went crazy on 4-ho-dipt, a relative of acid, at a way way WAY too overboard dosage and I still think its fucking with me. I had 2 bad trips since than, on foxy and shrooms (not as bad as the crazy on 4-ho one, but just very confusing and hectic, and very paranoid). High dosages are what fucked me, I'm a double or nothing kind of guy, because 'it can't physically hurt you, right man?'

It WILL fuck with your head man, tripping is amazing but it should be treated as a sacrament. More 4-ho-dipt is coming my way, but i ordered it thru the guy i tripped with shrooms on last time(just me and him) and had a bad trip, because deep down (i realize now), i didnt trust him ordering my shit (with good reason i see now). The shit shows up 2 days ago, i heard from several people, and now i have to get it back. Guess I was right not to trust the kid, but that trip fucked with my head a lot. You can make a lot of false connections between events/actions while tripping and accept them as true right away because you can rationalize it, like 'he left the room, so he must be robbing me, i can see it in his face'. That's what i was thinking during my shroom trip, that the shit was either never going to come or he'd hide it. He hid it.

sorry, rambling, but this all happened in the past two days and kind of relates.

Craziness induced by psychedelics is genuinely crazy mang. My friend told me while I was tripping that 'You need anti-psychotics man, you need to find a doctor to prescribe you some'.

Well, I took the fact that 'I need psychiatrist drugs to fix me' as true, and I started thinking, 'Gimme some man'. Than I became paranoid of a poisoning. Paranoia, schizophrenia, dissillusionment, thought loops.

Lemme tell you a thing about thought loops.
I always imagine people in a mental hospital as sitting there mumbling and mumbling in a corner making the same motions over and over again. Moving they're body back and forth and mumbling over and over. Thought loops are something you really can't understand until it happens, and when it does, you'll really flip out.

Set and setting, too important to say.

--------------------
I don't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs.
--Nancy Reagan, former First Lady

Edited by Grandpa (01/06/04 06:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: hooked on LSD? [Re: Grandpa]
    #2225264 - 01/07/04 07:26 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

250 mg niacinamide, q.i.d.
& stop those pesky disturbed ideational patterns, thought loops, & residual hallucinations...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleBolwarra
Stranger

Loc: Australia
Re: hooked on LSD? [Re: ergot]
    #2225408 - 01/07/04 08:46 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have never tripped on LSD, maybe one day but i will though atm i don't feel a desire to do so...though that is beside the point.

hunter: i would suggest tripping each weekend would be as others has previously mentioned more of a mental addiction....i'd compare it to weed for instance (not the effect mind you) or anything with the potential to turn into a habit, drug related or not.

Laying low for a while sounds like it would help you and might not be as hard as you think.

Wish you well
---

ergot: how could one maintain such a high level of prioritising when tripping each day....sounds to good to be true.

just my 2c

--------------------

Offlinexjessesxgirlx
present

Loc: inside
Re: hooked on LSD? [Re: ]
    #2243908 - 01/15/04 11:43 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'm thinking that I'm addicted to hallucinogens, it doesn't have to be lsd tho. I like my perception of the world that way. it's been a while since I've had (end of last summer?) but yeah I remember in '98 I think I did it like every other day, man I had the hook up! those were the days. *sigh* lol

--------------------
You know Rents, for a vegetarian, you're a mean shot.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: hooked on LSD? [Re: xjessesxgirlx]
    #2244008 - 01/15/04 12:22 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

im not mentally addicted to hallucinogens in general
just to lsd
i dont know what it is
i just can't get over it
with most other hallucinogens, i wouldn't give a shit if i never touched them again...but acid...........

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: hooked on LSD? [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2244170 - 01/15/04 01:18 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

LSD is by far my favorite hallucinogen, but i couldnt see my self doing it more then once every few months. Id much rather take lsd then shrooms. LSD seams to give me a better trip.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: hooked on LSD? [Re: baraka]
    #2244459 - 01/15/04 03:44 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldn't ay I was hooked but I'm coming out of a phase where I took Lsd at least a few time's a month sometimes a few time's a week.. I'm not doing it again until the summer.. I need a break..

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: hooked on LSD? [Re: Bhairabas]
    #2244691 - 01/15/04 05:15 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

So many like me...

I discovered lsd after pot and thought it was amazing for only $5 a hit! i thought wow this is my drug, and did it every weekend..in increasing doses doing 3 tabs standar each weekend.
On the four hit trip, i lost myself,,,it was like i died, and my soul was put into the afterlife, and nothing was familiar. I lost myself and my control when i thought such a thing was impossible. I was hight for two days, and tweaked for a few months seeing shit move, constantly thinking about my trips, being absent minded. i was still able to function, and nobody really noticed (still in school though no job).
After, i stopped completely.

Its been 4 years now, and i still can't take large doses of anything...not out of fear, but form respect to that state i experienced. It made me who i am today, and i still explore entheogens, but MUCH more cautsiously. Such an expeience is meant for a few times in a liftime, not this weeks entertainment, and you will realise as we all do eventually.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Re: hooked on LSD? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #2244778 - 01/15/04 05:53 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

so true...

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

#2248393 - 01/17/04 01:02 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Azmodeus said:
Such an expeience is meant for a few times in a liftime, not this weeks entertainment, and you will realise as we all do eventually.

Wow, thats a very good way of looking at it

--------------------

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#2255822 - 01/20/04 11:05 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I find most psyconauts i know go through a 'bold' phase where thier ignorance allows them to dose copious amounts with no idea of the power of such experiences. This usually goes on for months/years until something changes in the person, and suddenly large doeses aren't desired, and many seem...uncomftorable or fearfull with the idea of a strong trip.

Of course this is the phase where i believe true insight may be learned as proper respect for the minda altering power has been obtained. Now with the true knowledge of all you may experience it takes a brave soul indeed to continue exploration into the unknown....

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
    #2256658 - 01/20/04 03:44 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Azmodeus said:
I find most psyconauts i know go through a 'bold' phase where thier ignorance allows them to dose copious amounts with no idea of the power of such experiences. This usually goes on for months/years until something changes in the person, and suddenly large doeses aren't desired, and many seem...uncomftorable or fearfull with the idea of a strong trip.

Of course this is the phase where i believe true insight may be learned as proper respect for the minda altering power has been obtained. Now with the true knowledge of all you may experience it takes a brave soul indeed to continue exploration into the unknown....

This describes me almost exactly about 1-2 years ago.

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

#2258448 - 01/21/04 12:15 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i dont know
once i had my really high dose trip, low doses stopped doing it for me.

Its not that my ignorance allows me to do copious amounts without understanding the power of the experience at all.

It's that the long lasting psychological benefits that i get from LSD seem to come from high doses.

Small doses don't do it for me. I may come to realizations, but its harder to stick with them. On a high dose trip, the experience for me is so intense that it sticks with me much much longer. I guess its more like a post tramatic stress syndrome in a positive way.

For example, watching one little mean thought balloon into a world of hate on a high dose makes me much less likely to have mean thoughts after the experience. And watching kind thoughts do the same make me more likely to be kinder afterwards.

Does anybody else get this, or do most of you feel high doses are unnecesary?

--------------------

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
Re: hooked on LSD? [Re: the free thinker]
    #2258677 - 01/21/04 01:10 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

Azmodeus said:

This describes me almost exactly about 1-2 years ago.

me to man, me to.......

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: hooked on LSD? [Re: FlusH]
    #2259485 - 01/21/04 11:09 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Interesting how that many feel as i do...i have a freind that did acid after i had stopped. He did his thing, and now feels exactly how i do....even had similar insights on 4 hits...and quit after his second 4 hit trip.

Slipknot,,,i don't mean to say do low doses...i meant a time comes where you get so much out of intense experiences, you need time to injest them into your life and character, lest you lose yourself. Thats not a bad thing persay, but not something that can easily be accomplished with someone living in society.

But post if you feel similar..cus i find its almost universal with those who have tripped lots.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

#2261378 - 01/21/04 10:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Azmodeus said:
Interesting how that many feel as i do...i have a freind that did acid after i had stopped.  He did his thing, and now feels exactly how i do....even had similar insights on 4 hits...and quit after his second 4 hit trip.

I dunno, ive taken more than that and those trips just made me think that higher doses are where its at.

Quote:

i meant a time comes where you get so much out of intense experiences, you need time to injest them into your life and character, lest you lose yourself.  Thats not a bad thing persay, but not something that can easily be accomplished with someone living in society.

i agree with that, thats why i dont do them that often.  I dont find the need to do acid all the time, but when i do take it, i want it to be strong enough that i wont need to do acid again for a while

everytime i take a good dose of acid i always tell myself im not going to do it anymore because its too intense

but i always go back....

seems like i am unique in my obsession :frown:

Maybe one day i will finally get over it...

--------------------

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #2261472 - 01/21/04 10:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hunter_linzinski said:
I heard/read that lsd isnt addictive, but it seems like i am addicted to it. ...

I wouldn't say you're "addicted," but you are probably "psychologically habituated," which can either be a good or a bad thing... :wink:

I guess the key is, knowing what's right for you; knowing your own limits; and being able to recognize when a substance or activity is interfering with other aspects of your life. It's all about maintaining balance and a sense of perspective...

I've known some people who have seemingly been permanently altered by the things they've done over the years, and it hasn't always been a good thing. LSD is a very powerful drug, so treat it with respect. :smile:

I tripped a lot when I was younger, and I think it gave me the resiliency and mental flexibility to get through some real tough tests later in my life, so I think it is a very good thing indeed. I also had the benefit of being trained by some older and more experienced guides, so I had a good foundation to work from. Powerful drugs like LSD should always be used responsibly and treated with respect -- just like you should with a woman.

Respect = k3y! :cool:

PS: Interesting posts, everybody... :smile:

--------------------

Offlineshovel_333
Stranger

#2287890 - 01/30/04 06:38 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I get this ways too sometimes. I havent tripped in often, but sometimes I get a itch or like a wave of feeling that tells me again, it is time for doses.

LSD has a meaning, I say, help it make it's mark.

OfflineCalbha
Nerd of the Herd

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizona
    #2292064 - 02/01/04 03:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was doing around 5 hits a week for about a year and i would have considered my self addicted to it....Everyone told me to be careful with it because they went through it and that i would regret it and they told me that they knew there was nothing they could say to get me to stop so they didnt try much because they did the same.....then my dealer accidently shot himself on 10 hits of it and i decided to quit...i didn't really go through a withdrawl but to this day i do regret doing so much acid as it still affects me especially night time driving which is a bad thing not to mention no matter what people say it did fuck with my tought process and ive become a diffrent person today than i was then and in some ways better and some ways bad :frown: but just like my friends told me im going to tell you to be careful. its up to you to decide when to quit and i hope its not when youre at the point i was when i decided to quit.

--------------------
Learn from your mistakes never regret them....

Edited by Calbha (02/01/04 04:00 PM)

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Re: hooked on LSD? [Re: Calbha]
    #2293186 - 02/02/04 02:22 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yea acid has fucked my thought processes up sooooo much

like i cant think straight

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag