Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Los Angeles Lifts Its Minimum Wage to $15 Per Hour By 2020 [Re: qman]
    #21711943 - 05/22/15 08:09 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

mick said:
Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

mick said:
What happens to the people like me who have a college degree and make 20 an hour? Will my wages rise by 80% as well cause if so sure let's do it!! This fuckin piece of paper only cost me $20,000 and 8 years of my life. Am still hoping I made the right choice to pursue a higher education over working as a cashier at mc Donald's but with the minimal income disparity between the two I am starting to wonder. Shit I could be making free burgers for myself on the side every day.

No jk, my job is better but I am pretty pissed I'll be making a little over minimum wage with all I've put into getting an education. Leaves me daydreaming of an earthquake devouring the soured city of LA, and forcing it down into the watery abyss it deserves to rest in for the next several million years, and I fear even then it will not be cleansed of it's stank

It's about working in LA, don't compare your situation with minimum wage earners in that part of the country.

I live in OC, the average of costs here are almost identical.

Ok, that's a valid point, maybe the same policy is coming to your area in the near future.

Im sure it will. but im also sure in the meantime, the raised costs that result from such wage increases, whatever they may be, will spill over into OC regardless of what happens to the minimum wage here.  Im not even super upset about it, I mean, if i wanted to make more money than I do, I could go out and get it. The options exist for me, BUT..... considering how many people really make $16 an hour working much harder jobs than the min wage ones, which all of a sudden will pay virtually the same amount, I can understand how those who worked hard to get their $16 will be pissed when they dont get a raise as well.

Also, I think it will be a deterrent to pursue higher education. Afterall, why go to college when you get the same amount working at subway as you do with 80% of all  Bachelors degrees? Whats the point of having all these additional skills when I can just make sandwiches for the same pay? What I see is how it likely is now, 15 people packed into an apartment together with sheets for walls, all making minimum wage, regardless of what its set at.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Los Angeles Lifts Its Minimum Wage to $15 Per Hour By 2020 [Re: ManianFH]
    #21712519 - 05/22/15 11:28 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

There's nothing that says you have to give someone a raise
most raises come when someone gets a better position

other then that 25cents every six months and they can stop raising it whenever they feel like they aren't doing the required work

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom