Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMatt87
Male User Gallery
Loc: Tennessee
Re: need help from a fellow convict... [Re: Almond Flour]
    #21701484 - 05/20/15 07:58 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Almond Flour said:
Quote:

Matt87 said:
Yeah, construction. Or do some more felonious things for money.

Its really sad man, on a dark and stormy night there has seriously been times where your mind takes you that route because of how fucking worried you are about your financial future. And they wonder why X cons are prone to still commit crimes. Having lived in Humboldt County though I can tell you there is no money in growing anymore. Believe it or not the pizza industry and the pot industry are heavily tied together :lol: All the growers and dealers I met pot wise are struggling. Legal weed really does hit the black market

Ohh.... the black market is doing just fine. Try the bible belt.

--------------------

Once you understand the way broadly, you see it in all things. -Musashi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: need help from a fellow convict... [Re: Matt87]
    #21701499 - 05/20/15 08:03 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Matt87 said:
Quote:

TopPmz said:
Quote:

Matt87 said:
You go to school in the pursuit of knowledge not for money.

LOL!

That would be nice.

You should that is. You don't agree?

I agree too. Fuck the rich mother fuckers. You will find your felony is a blessing and a curse man. It will cause you to have to redefine a few things in your life, and change your goals, its what happens when society redefines you as a person based of a few unpleasant characteristics made public by you getting charged.

Dont worry man, being a criminal isnt too bad. But be aware, this is how society, hell even your own family (in my experience) views you now. Your a criminal bro, like it or not....but your not alone :hug: and the bulk of us are, many folks are just fortunate not to be caught

I really like this quote from that show Better call Saul made by that badass from Breaking bad :lol:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Edited by Almond Flour (05/20/15 08:04 AM)

OfflineMightyWhite
Male
    #21701503 - 05/20/15 08:05 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

It's all good, looking back I guess I'm glad I was denied assistance, as I have no debts. I still ended up OPE certified from my own hard work and determination, without anyone's help. But yeah having felonies puts a person at a huge disadvantage for finding employment,  I struggled for years. 

Maybe without my felonies, I wouldn't be where I'm at today? I would just be working for someone else putting money in their pockets instead of my own.  I'm definitely not saying having felonies is a good thing, but they took my life in a whole different direction than what I imagined my life would be

OfflineTopPmz
<No Title>
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL Flag
Re: need help from a fellow convict... [Re: Matt87]
    #21701519 - 05/20/15 08:13 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Matt87 said:
Quote:

TopPmz said:
Quote:

Matt87 said:

LOL!

That would be nice.

Yeah, sure but you either have to pay for it, or mooch off the government/taxpayers to go to school. I'm not willing to be a leech on society just so I can learn some stuff. Its in your best interest to go to school for something that interests you, and is a viable course for financial gain.

--------------------
"Freedom Isn't Free" is only half correct. True freedom doesn't exist in the society we exist in. What the saying really means is "The Illusion of Freedom Isn't Free"

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: need help from a fellow convict... [Re: TopPmz]
    #21701527 - 05/20/15 08:15 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TopPmz said:
Quote:

Matt87 said:
Quote:

TopPmz said:
Quote:

Matt87 said:

LOL!

That would be nice.

Yeah, sure but you either have to pay for it, or mooch off the government/taxpayers to go to school. I'm not willing to be a leech on society just so I can learn some stuff. Its in your best interest to go to school for something that interests you, and is a viable course for financial gain.

I disagree, I still wish I would had gotten to major in music or Spanish. If prisoner or zappa wanna pay for it with their tax dollars that's on them :aweohyou:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

OfflineTopPmz
<No Title>
Male User Gallery

#21701611 - 05/20/15 08:45 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbdown:

--------------------
"Freedom Isn't Free" is only half correct. True freedom doesn't exist in the society we exist in. What the saying really means is "The Illusion of Freedom Isn't Free"

Offlinegoldcaphunter
EMS Medic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Massachusetts Flag
    #21701717 - 05/20/15 09:19 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Go to a trade school and get an automotive certificate. I know some people with felonies that make decent money pulling dents out of shitty cars :shrug:

Or go in for high performance and open a tuner shop, learn how to work with the ecu's to make cars faster, people pay out the ass for that kind of work, and there is a lot of under the table work involved making illegal modifications which means tax free income.

Just be sure to only list the legally acquired money on tax forms and stuff.

Or go in for business and open up whatever kind of store you want

--------------------

The picture to the far left is a reminder to our users to stay safe and healthy, that's my third open heart surgery due to over use of amps. Stay safe kiddos :wink:

Offlineblojo02184
Big Red
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maine
Re: need help from a fellow convict... [Re: goldcaphunter]
    #21701908 - 05/20/15 10:31 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I got my associates in accounting,and working on my bachelor's.

This is an armed robbery charge that I served 2 1/2 years in state prison. In Massachusetts.

I am getting financial aid because it's not a drug offense.

Thanks for the link. Mining tourmaline isn't my thing. Nor hard labor.

I didn't choose accounting to pick up a shovel.

OfflineShroom Kitty
Im just a kitty

Loc: Earth Realm
Re: need help from a fellow convict... [Re: FranklinsTower]
    #21701925 - 05/20/15 10:39 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

lol that's crazy because im as conservative as they come. just throwing that out there. its not like he is looking for handouts. hes in pursuit of happiness:shrug:

Invisiblepassifloracaerulea
 User Gallery

Re: need help from a fellow convict... [Re: blojo02184]
    #21701934 - 05/20/15 10:43 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Haha! No offense but it'll be hard getting anyone to trust you with an armed robbery charge. As a miner I wouldn't even hire you for my crew based on that(have no crew this year anyway). I do however pay people with drug convictions. I stay away from murder, armed robbery,  and child molesters. Pretty much anything violent or criminally deceptive.

OfflineShroom Kitty
Im just a kitty

Loc: Earth Realm
Re: need help from a fellow convict... [Re: Shroom Kitty] * 1
    #21701945 - 05/20/15 10:48 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

and bitch if can say that shit if I want . I pay taxes to bro. how much did you pay into taxes last year man? i don't know you but odds are you got a refund. i had to pay 9000 on top of what i paid all year so i must respectfully ask you to suck a dick puto :iseewhatyoudidthere:

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: need help from a fellow convict... [Re: MightyWhite]
    #21702293 - 05/20/15 12:48 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MightyWhite said:
He's not getting any financial assistance for school if he has a felony.

@ op - you need to learn a trade and start your own business.  I was in the same boat as you at one time. There are many trades to choose from. Apply yourself and work hard, it can be done.

was going to say, probably not going to get that school loan tit.

and this for advice as well. food and beverage is an industry as well that generally does nothing for background stuff

--------------------

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
    #21702330 - 05/20/15 12:59 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Gotta love the stifling despair of being pubically branded for life. Personally unless its murder, a serious sexual offence or youve managed to be labeled a violent offender I dont think any employer has any more business knowing your past then you know theirs. Something as simple as being caught with a half oz of grass or fucking up and stealing something once can ruin your live for years and years. Its not right. Youve already paid your debt to society when you made it through whatever sentence they handed out, now you gotta walk around with a brand of whatever you did virtually scarred into your fucking face. Its ridiculous.

Edited by Bodhi of Ankou (05/20/15 01:05 PM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #21703029 - 05/20/15 04:43 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TopPmz said:
Quote:

Matt87 said:
Quote:

TopPmz said:
Quote:

Matt87 said:

LOL!

That would be nice.

Who mooches off the government? Do you mean loans? Loans are not mooching. They cost money. It's ridiculous that the government actually leeches off students when it collects interest on those loans.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

Loc: In your brain
Re: need help from a fellow convict... [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #21703091 - 05/20/15 04:59 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
Gotta love the stifling despair of being pubically branded for life. Personally unless its murder, a serious sexual offence or youve managed to be labeled a violent offender I dont think any employer has any more business knowing your past then you know theirs. Something as simple as being caught with a half oz of grass or fucking up and stealing something once can ruin your live for years and years. Its not right. Youve already paid your debt to society when you made it through whatever sentence they handed out, now you gotta walk around with a brand of whatever you did virtually scarred into your fucking face. Its ridiculous.

I agree to an extent. As an employer who hires about 3 times a year for my company (or as vacancies appear), I don't care at all what you have on your record IF it doesn't matter for that position.

Example I won't hire someone who has a DUI within the last 5 years to drive trucks, or someone with a theft conviction in the last 5 years to work in the barn around tools and other things that can be stolen. I'm very anal about inventory and finances and to date this approach has not failed me.

I have a guy with a criminal record 3 pages long working for me (and yes, I do conduct background checks for my insurance) including attempted murder on a K-9 police officer, and I've made it clear as long as he does his job as anyone else does and doesn't get anything more than a speeding ticket, he can keep his job. Over one year working for me and he is my hardest worker. Not one issue with the guy. It's actually the people with just drug convictions or no criminal record at all that are the laziest / don't always show up on time.

Invisiblerackem
Male User Gallery

Re: need help from a fellow convict... [Re: D.M.T]
    #21703135 - 05/20/15 05:07 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

out of all my employees, the felons i have hired are the hardest working and have the best attitudes.

i dont do background checks..my industry doesnt require it and its a learnable trade.

look at trades op, you can find work. just go physically knock on the mom and pop shops in your area. fill out the damned application correctly, and if you cant speak with a manager on the spot have the receptionist give it to the hiring manager.

--------------------

OfflineTopPmz
<No Title>
Male User Gallery

Re: need help from a fellow convict... [Re: koods]
    #21703250 - 05/20/15 05:31 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

TopPmz said:
Quote:

Matt87 said:
Quote:

TopPmz said:

LOL!

That would be nice.

Who mooches off the government? Do you mean loans? Loans are not mooching. They cost money. It's ridiculous that the government actually leeches off students when it collects interest on those loans.

No I don't mean loans. Loans have to be paid back, and matt was saying not to go to school to make money. I was saying you have to have money.

--------------------

Edited by TopPmz (05/20/15 08:29 PM)

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: need help from a fellow convict... [Re: D.M.T]
    #21703606 - 05/20/15 07:08 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

D.M.T said:
Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:

I agree to an extent. As an employer who hires about 3 times a year for my company (or as vacancies appear), I don't care at all what you have on your record IF it doesn't matter for that position.

Example I won't hire someone who has a DUI within the last 5 years to drive trucks, or someone with a theft conviction in the last 5 years to work in the barn around tools and other things that can be stolen. I'm very anal about inventory and finances and to date this approach has not failed me.

I have a guy with a criminal record 3 pages long working for me (and yes, I do conduct background checks for my insurance) including attempted murder on a K-9 police officer, and I've made it clear as long as he does his job as anyone else does and doesn't get anything more than a speeding ticket, he can keep his job. Over one year working for me and he is my hardest worker. Not one issue with the guy. It's actually the people with just drug convictions or no criminal record at all that are the laziest / don't always show up on time.

Youre a level headed exception among employers. Your hiring oractices arnt what I have a problem with its the ones that single everyone with a record out that are problamatic.

Offlineblojo02184
Big Red
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maine
Re: need help from a fellow convict... [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #21705302 - 05/21/15 05:59 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

passifloracaerulea said:
Haha! No offense but it'll be hard getting anyone to trust you with an armed robbery charge. As a miner I wouldn't even hire you for my crew based on that(have no crew this year anyway). I do however pay people with drug convictions. I stay away from murder, armed robbery,  and child molesters. Pretty much anything violent or criminally deceptive.

It's good to see assholes that can't look in a mirror and realize the change that has happened within themselves; Because it is this fact, that it's your true belief that people can not change, for better or worse.

Hey bud, look in a mirror. Would you go do the same shit you did when you were 16-18? Probably not due to many reasons.

Also, armed robbery holds a better status in prison than everything but murder.  I didn't go behind someone's back to steal shit, I was not deceiving people by selling drugs, I didn't touch a kid or rape a woman.

A drug dealer worries about one thing, money.
A thief, same thing.
Rapist, kinda obvious.

I walked into a store and told the attendant to give me the money. she did, and I walked away. Walked! I wasn't shady about it, I didn't try to be sneaky. I made my intentions clear.

Good luck getting a thief or drug dealer to give you his true intentions.

I don't regret what I have done because without that learning experience, I wouldn't be the man I am today.

Invisiblepassifloracaerulea
 User Gallery

#21705355 - 05/21/15 06:43 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah well good luck with all that... I guess you chose accounting because you like to rob people. Some of the worst greediest thieves I've known were accountants. Your attitude toward someone else's free choice to associate with a convict or not is shitty and tells a lot about your self entitled nature. You won your freedom back but you have no right to expect everyone to be cool with what you did. You didn't win any sort of self entitlement certificate that says you're guaranteed a job. Society actually told me and my friends when we were in kindergarten that if we break certain laws, people will never hire us for a good job.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck