Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Is DMT some doorway to a construct waiting for us, or is it just brain misfiring?
    #21690595 - 05/17/15 01:28 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

When I smoked DMT on the weekend I got the distinct impression that when I noticed myself 'in it's world' it was as if it were waiting for me the whole time, a similar feeling during out of body experiences. The world changes into the funniest, most familiar little sort of cartoonish or simulative construct. My eyes change into either God or a god's eyes in the mirror, they become very wide and beautiful. others notice this and look away in the strangest of ways, they don't really want to talk to me about it. For this reason I think it's a real thing or level waiting for us somewhere, perhaps it's our home, but I'd like to hear what others think the DMT world/experience is. Thanks

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBigHeart
Burner

Re: Is DMT some doorway to a construct waiting for us, or is it just brain misfiring? [Re: circastes]
    #21691199 - 05/17/15 04:21 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

It's drugs man.  Drugs can change the way you perceive the world, and may even open up some new pathways for you or offer insights you may never get while sober, but they don't turn people into gods.

--------------------

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: Is DMT some doorway to a construct waiting for us, or is it just brain misfiring? [Re: BigHeart]
    #21691219 - 05/17/15 04:28 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BigHeart said:
It's drugs man.  Drugs can change the way you perceive the world, and may even open up some new pathways for you or offer insights you may never get while sober, but they don't turn people into gods.

to say "its drugs man" is ignorant.

We are made of drugs. Everything is drugs. The body is a whole bunch of drugs working together to form consciousness...so to dismiss an experience because its "just drugs maaan" is the definition of ignorance.

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

OfflinePearlyWhites
Stranger

Re: Is DMT some doorway to a construct waiting for us, or is it just brain misfiring? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21691791 - 05/17/15 06:35 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I think a better phrase would be "It's mind-altering substances man." Personally, I don't see it as anything religious. People seem to not understand just how complex our brains really are! Think of it this way: a motherboard on a computer (your brain) has pretty much millions of electrical connections (billions of chemically charged neurons) that make things move around on your screen (allow your five senses to function and construct your consciousness among other things). If I were to randomly pinpoint and manipulate certain connections in said motherboard (restrict and/or overload certain chemicals formed in your head) then a hopelessly uncountable array of things can happen to the way your computer functions (I think you can get the analogy by now.)

Something as seemingly simple as the way you perceive things and the way your consciousness works is actually comprised of a insanely huge framework of brain connections; so many, in fact, that we simply don't have the language to explain what every single individual one does. Take all this into account and you can see how manipulating just a couple pathways can produce indescribable effects to the user.

The only way people can even hope to explain such an event is by relating it as some kind of religious or spiritual happening.

This is just my two cents, honestly. Call me an atheist if you want but this I how I make sense of the experiences I've had with psychedelics.

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: Is DMT some doorway to a construct waiting for us, or is it just brain misfiring? [Re: PearlyWhites]
    #21692023 - 05/17/15 07:36 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

yeah but think of a computer...if you were to alter the inner mechanisms inside, then you wouldnt get an enhanced picture, you would get a distorted picture or even a blank screen.

Psychedelics do not do this...they enhance the picture. They make the picture more novel...more complete. This doesn't make sense. That's why I DO see it as something religious.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflinePearlyWhites
Stranger

Re: Is DMT some doorway to a construct waiting for us, or is it just brain misfiring? [Re: Bill_Oreilly]
    #21692149 - 05/17/15 08:09 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Define "Enhanced"? If the state of an object (consciousness, etc.) has been modified in any way and, therefore, differs from the original then the object has been, by definition, distorted. "Enhancing" is simply a form of distorting!

Not that I'm saying I think you're inherently wrong. I'm actually agnostic and, objectively, there could very well be something else going on. IME though, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

To each his own, I suppose! :grin:

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: Is DMT some doorway to a construct waiting for us, or is it just brain misfiring? [Re: PearlyWhites]
    #21692181 - 05/17/15 08:17 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

enhanced as in making something clearer.

as in the test done in the 70s/80s where people on mushrooms would show improvement on eye exams under the influence of psilocybin.

and enhanced like how on dmt the edges become clearer and vision becomes sharper

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

Offlinegushtunkinflupped
#########

#21692254 - 05/17/15 08:37 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
to say "its drugs man" is ignorant.

We are made of drugs. Everything is drugs. The body is a whole bunch of drugs working together to form consciousness...so to dismiss an experience because its "just drugs maaan" is the definition of ignorance.

^

The real mystery: what "is" "consciousness"?

Anyways, what do people mean by "misfiring"? I never see a coherent and convincing explanation of these theories that it's "messing up our brain" by people who have explored it thoroughly. I can see it coming from someone who has only had a few harsh and/or confusing/discombobulated experiences, but it is not always that way. It can be too emotionally charged, meaningful, and fully formed/coherent for any type of "misfiring" model to make any sense in my opinion. During these experiences, the things that occur are far from "random" noise, which is what we would expect if it was just garbling our sensory modalities/memory/sense of self.

Does that mean it is opening a doorway to another dimension? Not necessarily. Why would it be either or?

Anything and everything can happen to you on psychedelics, including DMT. I think far too often we fall into either/or thinking when trying to come to terms with what is going on, whether it is "inside" us or "outside", whether it is psychological processes being projected onto seemingly discarnate entities and environmental constructs, or higher dimensional beings, or any number of other explanations.

I try to suspend that incessant need to come to conclusions about it and just ponder the possibilities. But after hundreds of experiences there is no denying the feeling that something very, very bizarre and profound is going on here. It's not so much about the neurochemicals involved, since they are just keys to other states of consciousness we are capable of.

Ultimately it doesn't matter so much. I'm not saying it isn't worth investigating, but it's important to remember that it is the experience itself that matters most, and what we learn from it, not the underlying nuts and bolts mechanics of it. Regardless of what is going on, it's safe to say that they can assist us in increasing our awareness of ourselves and this peculiar reality we find ourselves in, whilst re-stimulating our creativity and imagination, and awakening a deep sense of humble appreciation of the unfathomable beauty that is the universe.

These kinds of things are exactly what we need if we are going to avoid fouling our nest before we can even leave it.

--------------------

Edited by gushtunkinflupped (05/17/15 08:38 PM)

Offlinegushtunkinflupped
#########

Re: Is DMT some doorway to a construct waiting for us, or is it just brain misfiring? [Re: gushtunkinflupped]
    #21692264 - 05/17/15 08:40 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

If I have a headache, I have a headache. It doesn't matter if the explanation is dilating blood vessels in my brain, or muscle spasms in my shoulders, or 'stress', or psychological distress, or invisible demons pounding mallets on my brain. We don't call some headaches 'headaches' and others 'apparent headaches'. There is no such thing as an 'apparent' headache. Likewise, a mystical experience is defined as such based on the characteristics of the experience, not the source or explanation of the experience. So whether the source is 'outside' or 'inside', whether we explain the experience in mechanistic terms or not, it is still a mystical experience. There is no such thing as an 'apparent' mystical experience.

--------------------

OfflinePearlyWhites
Stranger

Re: Is DMT some doorway to a construct waiting for us, or is it just brain misfiring? [Re: gushtunkinflupped]
    #21692365 - 05/17/15 09:04 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Oh my god THIS

At the end of the day I actually don't care why psychedelics do the things they do. I have my theories, sure, but to me it's like asking what the meaning of life is, or what does a pencil think about, or how would you physically divide by zero. It's just a stupid question with no answer.

InvisibleStaplerhead
Phanner

#21692866 - 05/17/15 11:27 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:

as in the test done in the 70s/80s where people on mushrooms would show improvement on eye exams under the influence of psilocybin.

Link? I can't find anything about it.

--------------------
You know It's gonna get stranger, let's get on with the show

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Is DMT some doorway to a construct waiting for us, or is it just brain misfiring? [Re: Staplerhead]
    #21693474 - 05/18/15 05:35 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Hmmmmm.

What if we are already gods, inhabiting these forms, for some game / training / purpose / ride?

Then if you put DMT into the brain it disrupts this dimension and you end up in a higher one, the eyes changing to reflect this swap.

The eyes are part of the mind. You know that old saying, when you look into someone's eyes you can see their soul? Well it's a certain fact for me that the eyes change due to the state of mind. For example, the Self, the one consciousness that exists, if someone has worked this out or noticed that there is only one Self, the eyes give off a peculiar look, something mere muscle and pupil changes could not put there.

And so if you go to a divine dimension (assuming this one isn't divine) your eyes become divine and you become a divinity.

I will take a photo of my eyes with my iPhone next time.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Offlinegushtunkinflupped
#########

Re: Is DMT some doorway to a construct waiting for us, or is it just brain misfiring? [Re: circastes]
    #21693633 - 05/18/15 07:57 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

If you read the upanishads, one of the oldest spiritual texts in the world, originally passed down thousands of years orally before even being put into writing, it reads like they were having some similar experiences.

We are literally the universe experiencing itself. Coming awake to itself in new ways.

I don't think what you see in peoples eyes on psychedelics (or sober if you learn how) is something that can be translated to a photo. There is a connection that can occur with eye contact. It's a pretty interesting and under-utilized technique for entering tryptamine states of consciousness, even just in a mirror. It helps a lot to already have gotten your feet wet first though with the plants/medicines so that neural pathway  is already somewhat carved out.

--------------------

OfflineMajickMuffin
Edible Cult

Loc: North
    #21693649 - 05/18/15 08:08 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

circastes said:
When I smoked DMT on the weekend I got the distinct impression that when I noticed myself 'in it's world' it was as if it were waiting for me the whole time, a similar feeling during out of body experiences. The world changes into the funniest, most familiar little sort of cartoonish or simulative construct. My eyes change into either God or a god's eyes in the mirror, they become very wide and beautiful. others notice this and look away in the strangest of ways, they don't really want to talk to me about it. For this reason I think it's a real thing or level waiting for us somewhere, perhaps it's our home, but I'd like to hear what others think the DMT world/experience is. Thanks

I personally have had only one OOBE so far on a high dose of mushrooms. Where I met my supreme self, my spirit, and time no longer existed so I was in this place for what I can only explain as an 'Very Long Time'.
To me, that is our home. When you are able to reconnect with your 'Whole' spirit.
In this body, I believe that we are only experiencing our 'Partial' spirit, only a fraction of our whole, true, selves. This is why we cannot remember any of our other adventures or other lives or other places we have been or things that we have done with our 'Whole' selves.

Some substances can trigger in our brains the 'detachment' of our spirit from our body, and reatachment to our 'Whole' selves, spirits.

That is our home, it is a familiar place because that is who we are, truly, God.

Our spirits are immortal, our bodies are only but a vehicle which allows us to experience this strange, strange world.

When I slowly floated out of my body I rose into a place of Pure Light, and this Pure Light was Me. It was a place of pure thought, where I experienced my entire life I have lived so far, and some memories of other things.
I was so calm and collected, I felt at peace with the entire Universe. It was amazing.

This is my opinion, through my experiences. If others don't agree, that is okay :smirk:

InvisibleBill_Oreilly

Re: Is DMT some doorway to a construct waiting for us, or is it just brain misfiring? [Re: Staplerhead]
    #21693831 - 05/18/15 09:28 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Staplerhead said:
Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:

It was done independently. Mcckenna talks about him talking to the doctor that conducted the tests.

Some german dude.

--------------------

It's just a shot away..

OfflineMajickMuffin
Edible Cult

Loc: North
    #21693837 - 05/18/15 09:32 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
Quote:

Staplerhead said:
Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:

It was done independently. Mcckenna talks about him talking to the doctor that conducted the tests.

Some german dude.

I have very poor eyesight and visual static vision.
Anything more than a foot away from me is blurry, I can't read signs on the road or identify people's faces if their even a fair distance away.
However, while I'm on mushrooms, I have super vision. Everything is super defined, super clarified and magnified. I can see more than perfectly.

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
    #21693934 - 05/18/15 10:10 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bill_Oreilly said:
That's why I DO see it as something religious.

It is.  In the attempt to dissect the painting, people have completely over looked the question of "who" is the painter.  That's why science and religion will always bump heads... I will tell you this, it is no accident the balances you see today exist, or the things you've experienced have been brought too the table.  You can acknowledge them, or throw them all away, your choice.  But too dismiss this happening, will result in great consequence...as will acknowledging them..

I stand by Christian scripture.  I believe we're being handed the keys too kingdoms an eternity built.  Think about that...an eternity, and it decided to include you...the days are getting short now, until the transition.  Will you acknowledge it, or throw it all away in the name of you thinking you had it all figured out..

There will come a day, when for some of us, the 'daily' events don't include the human foolishness..so, are you happy with here, or do you yearn for more?

I for one, fully intend on checking out what's over that next mountain top...

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Re: Is DMT some doorway to a construct waiting for us, or is it just brain misfiring? [Re: Amanita86]
    #21695671 - 05/18/15 07:27 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the interesting words/replies.

Not too seem like I'm overlooking anything or being blunt but the eyes DO change in a way that could be recorded on a camera. It is a physical transformation.

Intellectual or spiritual - minded LSD users have this deep, profound image of the universe in their eyes, as if they are looking at you as the universe itself. It's quite nice and a little unsettling at the same time. I saw it in the intellectuals working in pharmacy and hospitals as nurses in Melbourne, a capital city near where I live.

I could also tell my psychology professor had used acid while in college or something by the lysergic glow faintly in his eyes, his mind had seen the lysergic headspace.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom