Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetribal_elder
Stranger
What am I seeing?
    #2168985 - 12/08/03 02:34 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

Hi,

I have had several solo shroom trips over the last several months, and they have all taken me to the same behind the eylids visuals. I was hoping someone can help me figure out what this is, and more importantly how to "break through" it so that I can experience visions, lanscapes, colors etc that I am looking for.

It is basically a tangled interconnecting series of orange tubes that seem to be blood vessels - they either look like something is flowing through them, or that they are pulsating statically. It is a real maze of these tubes, and I can't seem to ever get past them.

Thanks.

Elder

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
Re: What am I seeing? [Re: tribal_elder]
    #2169066 - 12/08/03 03:06 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

Can you tell us the dosages? And some more tripping background. I mean you started tripping few months ago alone and had during ALL the trip the same visuls? Can you explain deeper? :smile: Or you have only closed eyes visuals?

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

Offlinetribal_elder
Stranger
Re: What am I seeing? [Re: dumlovesyou]
    #2169159 - 12/08/03 04:41 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

Thanks for the reply.

The recent explorations are not my first, but are part of a recent surge in explorative activity. The dosages are between 2.5g 4g dried stropharia, and lately 2.5g with 1- 1.5g of 4x harmala extract (1g extract = 4g dried seed) kicker. I usually smoke some hash as well, but that doesn't seem to affect what I am seeing either way.

The visuals are nearly the same always - it is how I can tell that I am "there". But I cannot break through them, or get rid of them. I thought that they might be some sort of DNA representation, but they are clear, orange/red, neon-ish, intertwined "tubes" that take up the whole visual space with eyes closed. They go deep and wide (3D), and are sort of interesting in and of themselves, but 8 times out of 8 is a bit much. They are also present if I use a light/sound machine during the trip.

I have never been able to visualize a landscape or vista, and have only once seen any sort of geometrical architecture. Nothing near what I read in ayahuasca experiences. In general I am not very good at meditating or visualizing, but I try.

I have a feeling that I am "looking" at my eyelids, instead of somehow letting go and "seeing" with my mind. Not sure that makes sense though.

Elder.

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

#2169294 - 12/08/03 06:04 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

There really is nothing you can do, just go with the flow and see where you end up.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2169405 - 12/08/03 06:56 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

Good to see another utilizing the rue/psilo combination for exploring the mindnetworks. If you wish to go further, perhaps up the dosage. Individuals like chinacat72 recommend smoking n,n-dmt while peaking on mushrooms - perhaps that is the final frontier  I cannot comment on this combination as I have never ventured into n,n-dmt (other than ayahuasca and rue/psilo).

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: What am I seeing? [Re: Xochitl]
    #2170441 - 12/09/03 01:46 AM (14 years, 13 days ago)

It is very possible you are seeing the blood vessels in your eyes or you optic nerve. Your brain usually compensates for those things, so if you were tripping you might be able to see them.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: What am I seeing? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2170513 - 12/09/03 02:23 AM (14 years, 13 days ago)

I cannot speak for tribal, but in my own experience, the DNAesque visuals are far too complex, rich, dimensional, and self-explaining to simply be blood vessels or nerves. Some of the minor OEV visuals (tracers, patterns, light flickers), sure - but certainly not the more intense hallucinations.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #2174358 - 12/13/03 10:14 AM (14 years, 9 days ago)

I am also a big fan of psilo and rue, since I read about it years ago, it is the only way I Tripp now.
As for your visions no one knows, for example I tend to have a lot of visuals on shrooms from organic, to geometrical, symbols and I have even seen some entities, yet my tripping buddies have very little, thou I have theory is that they don?t remember the experience.
You can?t force the visions, but I notice the calling of the shrooms and if you let your self go the visions start, the calling is a certain sensation of melting, falling, dissolving, if you will, in the beginning I was fearful of letting go, so I fought that sensation, one day I decided to explore it , and know I need very little shrooms to go into that trance (the best way I can explain it)
In the other hand I have done DMT several times yet my visions are very dull, almost black, mean wile my tripping friends hade amazing colorful visions (same one who did not see things on shrooms)
Perhaps is an affinity to a certain allied? or different brain chemistry.
Also in what type of setting do you trip? , I always go for nature with very little distractions.
The main type of visions I have are Close Eyes, but also open eyes, are organic plant insect type, and geometrical Escher things, usually accompanied by strong emotions the last ones feel divine in nature, mean wile the organic ones tend to feel weird alien and sometimes earthy, like a gaia connection.
As what do they mean, God only knows, I stop trying to figured the out.
Funny I have the problem that you but with DMT, I always see the same space, wierd.

OfflineMightyQuinn
Eskimo
Loc: United States
Re: What am I seeing? [Re: LOBO]
    #2174490 - 12/13/03 12:02 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Have you tried anything TO make them go away or have you more just been disappointed that they wouldn't? I was reminded of Rick Strassman's book where some of his subjects say that they have visions of no content, just colorful patterning, and he says, "Well try to go past that" and then on the next go they say "yeah, that worked" so I don't know how much cognitive energy you devote to these visions on any given trip, but maybe trying to find some connection in them to something else in your head could set off some change in perception?

Do you feel like the static visionary input brings down the quality of your overall trip? For me I've found that the most parse-able information tends to come down through other sensory channels... Maybe a different setting or activity or pre-trip thinking pattern could cause a change too?

You could always just up the dosage to 6g and do it in the dark without music... if you did THAT with the same results that might give us some interesting data in this little, uh, Elder-study.
peace

Edited by MightyQuinn (12/13/03 12:02 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports