Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewhite_rabbit
alice in wonderland
i thought mushrooms supposed to follow a blueprint need help
    #2168567 - 12/08/03 08:55 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

ok i have bread pans of golden teachers i took the print my self. i have grown these a lot of times doing it the same way as usuall. y is it that all the other times i have done this the shrooms them self were like 4 -5 inches tall and now i have bread pans that they are only 2 inches tall and my caps are starting to open already? and i could see if they made up for the size diff cause they were fatties but there just reg thickness? can any one help me on this one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: i thought mushrooms supposed to follow a blueprint need help [Re: white_rabbit]
    #2168575 - 12/08/03 09:02 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Sometimes they just do this -- usually with a really large pinset. Genetics could be a factor, but if you're dealing with a thin substrate, large flushes can result in really tiny mushrooms, like this.

The best way to prevent this is to use a substrate depth over 4" -- by using straw or something.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Offlinewhite_rabbit
alice in wonderland
Re: i thought mushrooms supposed to follow a blueprint need help [Re: micro]
    #2168586 - 12/08/03 09:06 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

all i did was took 3 full colonized pf jars and threw then into bread pans then i cut some in half and filled the gaps. nuttin diff from the other times i did it and i used same casing layer ill post pics i mean the flush looks nice theres 2 real nice clumps of shrooms but its not really impressive or anything i have had better first flushes u think they will go back to normal on the 2nd and 3rd flush?

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: i thought mushrooms supposed to follow a blueprint need help [Re: white_rabbit]
    #2168611 - 12/08/03 09:22 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

They usually get much bigger in the later flushes. It's nothing you did wrong -- just happens with thin substrates. You should have a good flush, though, if not something's wrong. Pics would help.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

Offlinewhite_rabbit
alice in wonderland
Re: i thought mushrooms supposed to follow a blueprint need help [Re: micro]
    #2168672 - 12/08/03 09:57 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

ok here are some pics

srry bout the shitty pics best my old ass camra dose

Offlinemobiusrunner
myco maniac
    #2168684 - 12/08/03 10:04 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

They look pretty normal if a little fat assed.

You may want to make sure the air gets exchanged more often as I've hear that fat assed shrooms often stem from C02 exchange problems.

--------------------
By "I", I of course mean a good friend of mine who happens to live in the fine city of Amsterdam. "I" is just so less awkward.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: i thought mushrooms supposed to follow a blueprint need help [Re: mobiusrunner]
    #2168696 - 12/08/03 10:12 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

CO2 build-up does not sound unlikely given the fit of those casings, as air displaced by fanning might not easily get throught the gaps between them. when propegating from multispore, it is not uncommon to get fruits more prone to suffer from certain adverse conditions.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags