Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
see what you have in front of you
    #2168128 - 12/08/03 02:56 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

now you may all be looking at a computer screen, but really how many of us sit to realize what we do have. if you have a comp you are doing great in the world. why? because you must also have shelter, which means you probably have food, which also means you have clothing on your back. things many others don't have. so if things are ever becoming complicated in life, just remember how good you do have it, and then go from there. it's a neat shift in mindset sometimes, appreciating what you have.

we are the lucky ones, you see. we have the "time" to think about our thoughts. to reflect on our emtions, and our reactions. we have the "freedom" to do as we will.

and so while many of us believe we don't have freewill, do you think that we have freedom? I think we do. I am free to express my thought, as you are free to read my thoughts, furthermore you have the freedom to respond if you wish. see the freedom?? enjoy it! you have it, not many do. remember that!

so don't let things get too complicated, because if you look around, a lot of the work has already been done.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: see what you have in front of you [Re: kaiowas]
    #2168137 - 12/08/03 02:59 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

yes, advanced capitalism/consumerism does provide certain creature comforts. But, we arent as free as some may think, in many developing countries, the people do not have to work as much because they live within a stagnant economy, which means --sure-- they cant afford a computer, but they also dont have to waste their life in a cubicle to afford their pricy rent and pricy car.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: see what you have in front of you [Re: Positronius]
    #2168140 - 12/08/03 03:02 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

see the computer wasn't even what I was focusing on. it was the shelter and food and clothing comfort that is implied that you have because you do own a computer. own a comp implies that you have shelter, food, and most necessities that we need. That which is the real difficult part of life. getting and making these necessities is the whole day for many people. we have "freed time" to do as we wish, when we wish.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflinePositronius
playboy

#2168144 - 12/08/03 03:04 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, but there is something to be said about living in a shack in cuba with only a few bottles of rum, some dominoes, a trumpet, a beautiful woman and some cigars.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!!

--------------------

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2168145 - 12/08/03 03:04 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Right, they waste their life rotting away due to parasitic infection, hepatitis, aids, etc. and struggling to get their daily required caloric intake. That's way better than having to 'put up' with capitalism. A sixth of the world lives in extreme poverty, I think kaiowas has a good point. We're too busy worried about trivial shit, and we are blind to what the majority of human experience is like...miserable. A lot of people complain about meaningless crap to trick themselves into thinking they actually have problems so they can feel better about themselves and not have to deal with guilt that comes along with massive wealth.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Re: see what you have in front of you [Re: bert]
    #2168147 - 12/08/03 03:05 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

sure, some people live like that, but dont make ignorant generalizations about those who live in poverty, many are able to enjoy their lives without having money to spend.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2168149 - 12/08/03 03:07 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I was just thinking that. "Maybe they aren't miserable."

There are plenty of people who "have everything" who aren't happy.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2168155 - 12/08/03 03:09 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

and yet you say "many are able to enjoy their lives without having money to spend." ??

--------------------

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Re: see what you have in front of you [Re: Frog]
    #2168157 - 12/08/03 03:09 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, westerners really like to ham it up about people who live in developing countries. Poverty is so bad! their lives are hell! how do I know this??? well...er...because I've been told this by the capitalist establishment that created me!!

brainwashed to think that the rest of the world lives in hell, while we, who live inside an air-conditioned limousine have it all figured out.

kai= and yet you say "many are able to enjoy their lives without having money to spend." ??

whats your point, its the truth, ive been to a few 3rd world nations, and I have many friends from the developing world.

--------------------

Invisiblebert
bodhi

#2168162 - 12/08/03 03:12 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I didn't make any ignorant generalizations, I specifically said '1/6th of the world's population'. I stated facts that can be backed up, most of the world deals with extremely harsh living conditions that you could never imagine in your entire life. You on the other hand, are talking about some magical demographic of quasi-lower class who live in the tropics, getting drunk on cheap alcohol. Who's the ignorant one?

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: see what you have in front of you [Re: Frog]
    #2168163 - 12/08/03 03:12 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

yes frog and I agree with that statement. but whether or not they are happy is not the issue. it's the time they spend versus the time we spend. what we do with our "free time" compared to those who DON'T have much free time at all. look I've definately got a lot of free time on my hands, I post here lol. and it's ok, I still get what I need a whole lot easier than most people do. appreciate that!

look and that's why I said something about the work being done for us. it real deal is. the HARD work is barely there. their houses aren't insured when they blow over from a storm. shit like that.

this is what I was saying ealier, when things get complicated, look around and see how really uncomplicated it is.

--------------------

OfflinePositronius
playboy

#2168165 - 12/08/03 03:13 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

um....you are? yes, most of the world deals with hardship, are you saying that this hardship inhibits their ability to enjoy life?

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2168167 - 12/08/03 03:15 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

"kai= and yet you say "many are able to enjoy their lives without having money to spend." ??

whats your point, its the truth, ive been to a few 3rd world nations, and I have many friends from the developing world"
you just said generalizations when you made one. but now you backed it up with saying you've been there and have friends. that's cool!

look I'm not refuting who's happy and whos not, that's not even what I'm trying to say on this post. it shouldn't even really be talked about. as again my focus was more on when we are caught up, and see our lives being complicated. look at what you have, and see how really uncomplicated things are.

--------------------

OfflinePositronius
playboy

#2168168 - 12/08/03 03:17 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

cool, im saying the same thing - that humans who dont have all these complications are just as able to enjoy life as those who have the complications -- and can see past them.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2168169 - 12/08/03 03:17 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well, then, it all boils down to karma, again. One man's hardship is another man's, um, happiness???

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2168171 - 12/08/03 03:19 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

in my experience travelling in 3rd world countries recently ravaged by war, ethnic cleansing, and natural disasters against a backdrop of never-ending economic strife, people do surprisingly well. I never felt that I was walking among unhappy people, know what I mean? Walking down a city street in Canada, which, by the way, the UN can't get enough of naming the best country to live in the world, you don't get the impression that the citizens are any more happy than in, say, Nicaragua.

The main differences are that there is no safety net for people in 3rd world countries. Orphaned or abandoned children fare poorly, as do young single mothers, and families with out of control birth rates. A Canadian street kid will live miserably until they die by a heroine overdose or violence, whereas a central American street kid will live miserably until death by violence, drugs (glue maybe) or more likely than in Canada, starvation. But they're both miserable. In Canada we prop these people up but they'll quite likely live short and miserable just the same. If you haven't got your shit together, you haven't got it together, and that's universal.

Bert.. where'd you see nations of people "rotting away due to parasitic infection, hepatitis, aids, etc. and struggling to get their daily required caloric intake."?

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: see what you have in front of you [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2168183 - 12/08/03 03:27 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I have a friend who came from Korea when he was 19 years old. He worked his arse off and became one of the biggest HUD property owners within 20 years. So, he's rich, by my standards anyways.

A couple of years ago, he decided to get out of white, rich, fat corporate America and visit some 3rd world countries, including his own country, to get America and its excesses out of his system.

You know what he discovered? Poverty, disease, "don't drink the water", etc.

He was slamming America before he left, that we are too wealthy. By the time he came back, well, he was kissing the dirt that constitutes this country.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2168184 - 12/08/03 03:27 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

very true mixo about the safety net, kinda what I meant by the insurance on homes. I htink there are a lot of people that are rotting, in africa and south america especially. man I have no clue what happened over there, I mean it's not all like that, but there are parts.

frog you mention karma. ok so then there's something that in inhibiting or creating my happiness? is that what karma is?? how do you know about this other life you had? and furthermore, how is it affecting me now? how does what you did previously effect what you are doing now? how you feel? and such....

so whenver I am in a rut of my own self absorbed mind, when I get myself out of the negative thought loop, is that karma's teaching?

--------------------

Edited by kaiowas (12/08/03 03:28 AM)

Invisiblebert
bodhi

#2168188 - 12/08/03 03:29 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Less than 1 dollar per day:
Bangladesh: 29%
Ghana: 45%
India: 44%
Zimbabwe: 36%
Pakistan 31%
Nigeria: 70%

Even after adjusting for purchasing power based on currency differences, other nations impoverished peoples enjoy 20-30 times less income than the same poor people in America and other developed nations.

Not expected to survive past the age of 40:

Zimbabwe: 52%
Nigeria: 34%
Bangladesh: 21%
Nepal: 23%
Senegal: 29%
Kenya: 35%
Pakistan: 20%

Ok, so you're saying these people are happy. Ok if they are...then it's until 40-50 many many cases.

Underweight Children:

Bangladesh: 48%
India:47%
Sri Lanka: 33%
Pakistan: 38%
Guatemala: 25%
Nigeria: 27%
Ghana: 25%

These kids aren't underweight from the atkins diet btw..

Adult Illiteracy:

Bangladesh: 59%
Senegal: 63%
India: 43%
Nepal: 56%
Tunisia: 29%

Illiteracy, not so bad on its own. Combined with dictatorships and regimes that keep vast wealth from the populace, it prevents people from uniting to fight for their own freedom.

All sources from the United Nations Development Program, Human Development Report of 2002.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2168193 - 12/08/03 03:32 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

heh damn, statistics, you gotta love em...

so now that we are still talking about whether or not people are in poverty..what about your happiness hmmm?? or are we still looking at the computer screen not realizing what we really have in front of us?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom