Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Failed to act at crucial moment
    #2168135 - 12/08/03 04:59 AM (13 years, 3 days ago)

The other night I was at a party with a couple female friends who were heavily intoxicated. Anyway, as we're walking back to their dorm, this one guy notices they're drunk and takes advantage of one of them, grabbing her breasts and groping her and shit. I hesitated, unable to do anything. Finally the other friend says something to him and he backs off. Even tho everything turned out ok, I'm now racked with guilt over failing to act when my friend was being taken advantage of. I'm trying to figure out why I couldn't intervene and stop that guy. Even if it would've resulted in a fight, he wasn't that big and I probably could've taken him out with the help of my drunken friends. I'm trying to forgive myself, but it's hard.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
Re: Failed to act at crucial moment [Re: silversoul7]
    #2169160 - 12/08/03 04:41 PM (13 years, 3 days ago)

:frown: Don't be so hard on yourself.  Nothing bad happened, so don't beat yourself up so much.  You know what you should have done, but when a situation like that arises, you never know what you are going to do until it happens.  Don't blame yourself.  Nothing happened, so put it behind you.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #2170591 - 12/09/03 03:09 AM (13 years, 2 days ago)

I kinda disagree with sykobish - something bad did happen - the girl was groped.

Though don't kick yourself over it, silversoul. I reckon the only thing you can do is resolve that if you saw something like that happen again, you will do something. I reckon it is natural to be shocked and not act sometimes and then regret it later, but you can learn from it. Or you could tell the guy you didn't think it was cool, or you could say sorry to the girl who was groped, if it would help to ease your guilt. Anyway, good on you for having some integrity.

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
Re: Failed to act at crucial moment [Re: enotake2]
    #2171472 - 12/11/03 08:53 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not saying that what happened was nothing. It was wrong, it was bad and it shouldn't have happened. What i'm saying, is that it COULD have been worse. And he is beating himself up over something that is over and done with as tho she got raped and he stood by and watched. What happened to that girl shouldn't have happened, you are right, but he shouldn't be beating himself up as much as he is right now.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Failed to act at crucial moment [Re: sykobish]
    #2174354 - 12/13/03 10:09 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Don't take this as a flame...

but it sounds like you have no balls. Toughen up, and the next time something happens like this, hit the person in the nose.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Anonymous #1

#2179740 - 12/15/03 03:58 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

once in 8th grade, we were all getting changed after gym class. a fight sortof broke out, but it wasn't really a fight. it was more of a beating. this one guy was really beating on this other guy... a nice kid, really harmless... the other guy wasn't very big, but bigger than him and he was kicking his ass. everyone just stood there watching. not egging him on or anything. just sortof standing there watching. no one broke it up, or got the gym teacher, or anything like that. we all just watched. i still look back on that day and really wish i had done something. i easily could have. any of us could, but none of us did. they had to take him away in an ambulance.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: Failed to act at crucial moment [Re: ]
    #2179803 - 12/15/03 04:14 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

SpecialEd: i would take that as a flame. you would do well to rephrase it.

there is good advice in this thread.

i've had trouble finding me feet, so to speak, in situations that catch me off gaurd. it is normal. it takes situations where you are cought off gaurd to know how you will react,l and when you do, you can learn from it, and adjust the way you respond the next time something that chokes you up happens. you may not be able to just "Decide" you will act differentle next time, but you will be more prepared. this will transfer to other areas aswell.

good luck, and don't feel bad.

peace,
concrete.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Failed to act at crucial moment [Re: canid]
    #2180076 - 12/15/03 06:01 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SpecialEd: i would take that as a flame. you would do well to rephrase it.

I was afraid it might be taken the wrong way. I apoligize if I offended you Silversoul. I'm not sure what you were looking for with the post, but I didn't want to cater to any rationalizations. I gave the best advice I could. I guess advice is worth what you give for it.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Failed to act at crucial moment [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2180086 - 12/15/03 06:04 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

that being said, it was good advice.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineExeterBlue
The EternalPupil

Loc: Cali4nia
Re: Failed to act at crucial moment [Re: canid]
    #2181276 - 12/16/03 12:53 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hmm just have a good knife on you and just wave it in the fuckers face while you egg him on to do something or say something that'll do it  :grin: or i guess you shouldve just beat the fuck out of em. Its cool though man we all have those moments.

--------------------

2 glasses of ice water with ice

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Failed to act at crucial moment [Re: ExeterBlue]
    #2182677 - 12/16/03 03:41 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

ExtremeBlue: if all you have to input is lame shit, *do * not * post * here* .
:smile:.

--------------------

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
    #2184042 - 12/16/03 11:33 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I echo what concrete said!! If it still bugs you next time you see the guy tell him you think it was really ass of him.. In similar situations,, I've had to get things off my chest in a controlled manner, after I've had time to think about it... Good luck..

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

Invisibleeric_the_red
 User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #2184231 - 12/17/03 01:16 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

you hesitated.
your thought process probably followed these lines:  :shocked:, :oogle:, :wtf:, :confused:, :thumbdown:, :mad2:, what should i do, take action. in the mean time, the problem was taken care of.

you figured out the right thing to do. given a few more secs, you would have done what needed to be done.

you seem to be more of a thinker than the average person, so you thought about the situation longer than the average person. you came to the right conclusion in the end.

--------------------

Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being