Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekore
Stranger
4 months later and getting better with medication
    #2167572 - 12/07/03 11:44 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I took shrooms this summer and had a horrible trip, dont feel like elaborating but i thought i was going to die. 2 days later i smoke a joint with my friend and the feelings come back, 10 times worse. Im having small muscle spasms, im jittery i think im going to die, i cant concentrate on a damn thing, so eventually it all wears off but i still continue to have panic attacks and depression, things dont seem right, reality seems different in some way. I dont feel like myself, i have to keep doing something all the time, this goes on for the longest time until i finally go to the doctor and get put on Celexa, now they are starting to happen less frequently and i can see some signs of myself getting better, hopefully in time i will be completely normal again, i was wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this or knows anything about it, if so PLEASE respond, it would help me greatly. Thankyou.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: 4 months later and getting better with medication [Re: kore]
    #2167685 - 12/08/03 12:41 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

In summary: You took mushrooms and your mind was freed. Your perception altered. You didn't fit in a society of mindless drones while your mind remained free. You go to a doctor and they give you the brainwashing-pills and you're slowly assimilated back into the world of drones.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2167700 - 12/08/03 12:53 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I myself know what you have been through and what you are going through right now. I don't believe the mushroom caused you're problem directly, but rather just uncoverd something that was eventually going to come out anyway. I'm sure you were living a normal panic/depression free life before hand and you want to blame it all on drugs, but the first step towards recovery is not looking for excuses for your current problem, but recognizing that you're problems are more deeply rooted within you. Going on from here on out and looking back wishing you never took mushrooms in the first place isn't going to help you one bit. If medication is a road you must travel down to feel normal again, don't feel bad, millions of other people are in the same boat, many of them never even experimenting with drugs at all.

You may want to consider seeing a shrink. If you keep an open mind and are honest about your problem, talking it out with a professional can work wonders, even more so then medication alone. And with the right medication and the right shrink, you maybe able to lead a stress free life once again.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Anonymous

#2167707 - 12/08/03 01:00 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I just realized I must've sounded like an insensitive prick. I know what you mean though, I can definitely relate. The drug that did me in wasn't psilocybin but DXM. Totally warped my perception on everything and to this day I still think I've learned too much. My life before uncovering the truths about the universe, myself, society etc was so much easier. Now I second-guess everything, I'm thoroughly paranoid, and I see people for what they really are. Maybe not a bad way to live life, but I've had my share of panic-attacks. Sometimes when I smoke with people I don't know I get iron bars clamping around my chest and I can't breathe or talk, or even move without shaking.

Personally, I've worked these things out through prayer (I don't believe in the stereotypical god but a higher power), meditation, and support from my friends. There are people out there that do understand you and will help make you feel better. DJD had some good advice. Maybe a shrink will help. They're normally decent people, but you've gotta find the right one. Be frank with them. If they can't understand you or your problems (i.e. writing you off as a drug addict) they will never relate and thus never make you feel better.

In any case, good luck man. It gets better with time, but try to heal yourself from within before seeking more meds/doctors. Half of them are full of shit, anyway.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #2167803 - 12/08/03 02:06 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i dont know you, so this is an analysis based on what i would think if it happened to me (because it has, kinda):

there were some repressed issues before the trip. maybe some unobjectivity going on. you took the shrooms thinking you shouldnt (not just anxious, but actually thinking you should wait)? the issues manifested themselves during the trip, and instead of dealing with them while tripping, you just ignored them, or tried hiding them from yourself (the fact that they exist).

thats what i would think if it happened to me.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlinebeam
Re: 4 months later and getting better with medication [Re: entiformatie]
    #2167999 - 12/08/03 03:39 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

^^^
Your probably right

Beleive it or not i used to get bad trips when stoned, basically when stoned i couldn't control my thoughts, really fucked up things would come relentlessy and as i kept on ignoring the thoughts thinking it would all go away and they didn't. I became less mentally stable until i developed depression and anxiety. Now i can't smoke weed at all without the next day and onwards of about a week or 2 my anxiety getting worse.

If it came back when you smoked a joint, i wouldn't smoke again for a while. And go see a psychologist, they helped sort out my shit.

Whatever you experienced on your trip and thought that sent you into panick is most likely stemmed from an underlying issue you have.

Invisiblephobey
watcher

Loc: home
    #2168240 - 12/08/03 06:01 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

kore said:
I took shrooms this summer and had a horrible trip, dont feel like elaborating but i thought i was going to die. 2 days later i smoke a joint with my friend and the feelings come back, 10 times worse. Im having small muscle spasms, im jittery i think im going to die, i cant concentrate on a damn thing, so eventually it all wears off but i still continue to have panic attacks and depression, things dont seem right, reality seems different in some way. I dont feel like myself, i have to keep doing something all the time, this goes on for the longest time until i finally go to the doctor and get put on Celexa, now they are starting to happen less frequently and i can see some signs of myself getting better, hopefully in time i will be completely normal again, i was wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this or knows anything about it, if so PLEASE respond, it would help me greatly. Thankyou.

Maybe you should worry less and believe fewer things u are told. This is one big BS story to me. Not possible at all. Smoking after a few days and trip again. WHERE DO U GET YOUR SHROOMS GIMME SOME TOO. It is in no way possible that u trip again from the same shrooms several days later, you already pissed out all active stuff better yet your body destroys it hence why u come down eventually.

I think it is u and your brains cauzing the symptomes and not the shrooms. Its al in your head.

Peace

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2168368 - 12/08/03 08:09 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

some folks find that large doses of niacinamide (a form of vitamin B3) can stop those pesky persistent hallucinations...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: 4 months later and getting better with medication [Re: beam]
    #2168401 - 12/08/03 08:56 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

that is totally repression. i wouldn't trip for a while, until you felt comfortable with it again. meanwhile, try to remember the bad shit. it might be painful, or things you don't wanna think about (it happens a lot), but dealing with it will make you feel so much less weighed down. it's less shit to be carrying around. and when your tripping, you can't carry that shit around with you.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: 4 months later and getting better with medication [Re: phobey]
    #2169129 - 12/08/03 04:32 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Umm, it's actually quite common - smoking a few days after a trip bringing back some of the feelings/slight visuals. Weed seems to trigger a "flashback" effect, which can be pretty nice sometimes :grin:
It wears off after a few weeks though.

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: 4 months later and getting better with medication [Re: Sheepish]
    #2169171 - 12/08/03 04:49 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yes it is all in your head.. A friend of mine was in a car accident while on shrooms. I guess this triggered somthing in his mind htat just started making him sick. he missed 6months of school and failed high school because of it. Hes preaty much better now after going to a herbalist doctor guy. But my friend still has things that fuck with his mind.. Like sertain smells send him to diffrent dimentions..(thats hwo he describes it). He says its liek hes in his own little world where everything is differnt.. Like on shrooms but differnt.

I guess this just shows how easly our minds can be distorted by these powerful substances.

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
Re: 4 months later and getting better with medication [Re: Legoulash]
    #2169189 - 12/08/03 05:00 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

phobey, when he said that the feelings from the trip came back after smoking weed, he was probably having flashbacks. He wasn't TRIPPING like he did on, but the same emotions and thoughts came back.

It's pretty dumb to assume that the story is BS, just because you don't understand what may have happened to him. He obviously was not saying that he started trip again, he said that the feelings came back, and most people will diagnose that as a flashback.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: 4 months later and getting better with medication [Re: Sheepish]
    #2169499 - 12/08/03 07:42 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Sheepish said:
Umm, it's actually quite common - smoking a few days after a trip bringing back some of the feelings/slight visuals. Weed seems to trigger a "flashback" effect, which can be pretty nice sometimes :grin:
It wears off after a few weeks though.

Not the case for I.  After my mind changing trip almost a year ago I still don't enjoy pot because I get very anxious and have little panic attacks.  And my mind races through thoughts very similar to that of the trip.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinedave5264
Stranger
Re: 4 months later and getting better with medication [Re: barfightlard]
    #2169524 - 12/08/03 07:53 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

my girlfriend took celexa, for anxiety, and i kind of know what your talking about...i took too much once and was not at all prepared for what it was going to do to me. i may have felt traumatized, i was just kind of scared for awhile about trusting reality. anxiety is pretty annoying to have though, and the celexa probably wont cure the anxiety but it will stop anxiety attacks, which are almost breakdowns where you kind of freak out. the symptoms of the trip should get better with time though, but i would reccomend not tripping again off of anything, indefinatly. i tried still tripping after my bad expirence, but its hard to enjoy the trip as much, i more often become frusterated because i cant think straight, cant remember what i was doing, cant keep track of multiple things, cant focus on anything without losing track and tripping off in my head. tripping kind of makes me feel insecure now, while im tripping i mean. ill hear imaginary laughter, or generally feel like i am being left out of the conversation somehow, but when i try and think about or understand why i am worried, to try and get over it, i cant think straight again ;p i also have the strong feeling like i was supposed to do somthing but forgot. i thinkmaybe a light trip might be fun, and sometimes it is! but other drugs are still ok, ive had slowly decreasing strange effects from tripping about, up to 3 or 4 years later while just being high...small hallucinations, sounds stuff like that, but im fine now and smoking dosent bother me and im well adapted.

Offlinedave5264
Stranger
Re: 4 months later and getting better with medication [Re: dave5264]
    #2169527 - 12/08/03 07:55 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

anyway what i wanted to say was you should be fine in a few years

Offlinerocknliam
happy willowdweller
 User Gallery

Re: 4 months later and getting better with medication [Re: dave5264]
    #2172216 - 12/12/03 04:56 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

oh God, dude you have Depersonalisation, i has this after having a severe panic-attack on some bad ass weed. if u really wanna get well in just over a week (well at least for me) i took some Omega3 fish oil tablets, three times a day, while it was recomended once a day. Speady recovery and i feel about 300% better, but still get it from time to time. trust me this is what you have, and for good info goto http://www.dpselfhelp.com SOOO many people get this from weed it aint funny, try switching from Sativa to a mellow Indica and you should be right :wink: enjoy your life and keep a positive mind frame, good luck

Offlineingo_2001
funky monkey

Loc: UK
Re: 4 months later and getting better with medication [Re: rocknliam]
    #2174180 - 12/13/03 05:32 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yes it is definatley depersonalisation... see http://www.depersonalization.info.

It's you bodies defense mechanism when your in a very frightning situation. Once triggered the brain seems to get stuck in this state or things can put you back into the state. Just thinking about the bad trip I had can cause me to depersonalise again and it's like re-living the whole thing again. smoking weed did too. I take celexa too and when I DP I no longer get the panic attack that usually goes with. Over time you will forget the experience and stop having it. However, there is usually a basic fear causing the whole thing which you will need to overcome to banish it forever. These tend to be a fear of dying, a fear of losing your mind or a fear of rejection. Most other fears stem from these.

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: 4 months later and getting better with medication [Re: ingo_2001]
    #2174340 - 12/13/03 09:44 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i had 3 trips in a row that were like yours. Powerful feelings of death etc.
It fucked me up too...
In my opinion the best solution is to cure your dicease with the power of your mind. No pills or other chemical things can help you. Your doctor is your mind. Your cure is your own mind. Just use it.....

That's how i solved my problem and that's how you will solve your problem too!
Of course don't trip for a while (trip again only when you are ready to do it) and DO NOT high dose! Especially the first 2-3 times MUST be low dosing

good luck friend

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience