Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChiLong
More machine elfthan man...

Loc: Twisted, moved to E-Ville
Best place to purchase spawn
    #2166004 - 12/07/03 07:00 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Hi everyone,

Well... in the past I've always met with almost total failure when it came to growing my own mushrooms, and I've tried a few times. I was always living in chilly basement suites, though, and now I've got myself a decent apartment where I can more easily control my environment. So, I figured it is time to start growing again.

I have a decent sized stoage closet (5'x5') and would like to use straw/dung as substrate for a bulk method. I've always met most of my failure in the early stages, so I figured I would simply try to purchase some mycelium spawn. (I'm in Canada).

I've so far found only one Canadian site that sells spawn bags. http://www.mushbox.com/mushroom-growing-spawn.html is the place. I'm likely going to go with them, but thought maybe someone on the forum here had a better idea (aside from making my own spawn - I'll try that on my own, when I have a big flush of mushrooms to take spore prints from).

Also, how many of those 1 L bags of spawn should I use for one of the larger rubbermaid/sterlite containers (125L)?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefleshofgods
SpiritualVisionary
Loc: In a daze . . .
Re: Best place to purchase spawn [Re: ChiLong]
    #2166051 - 12/07/03 07:30 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
Holler!

OfflineChiLong

Re: Best place to purchase spawn [Re: fleshofgods]
    #2166061 - 12/07/03 07:45 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Err... if I'm not mistaken, they only sell growing medium?

OfflineInnernaut
MycologicalNetworkTechnician

#2166347 - 12/07/03 11:48 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

man... fuck that shit. Seriously.. If you like in a new place then and you havn't ever grown them before, you don't want to start off with straw or poo... Most try the pf tek first, but if you refuse that and need more yield then go with grain casings. Thouroughly clean your apartment, prep everything in a presterilized bathroom, wear a dust mask and some latex gloves and go to work. It really isn't that difficult and you will learn some very very valuable information. And when your first mushrooms start popping up you will have a hard-on....

--------------------

OfflineChiLong

Re: Best place to purchase spawn [Re: Innernaut]
    #2166396 - 12/07/03 12:02 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Alright... apparently no one reads the post before responding.

I've grown many times. I've met with failure more often than not (but have had some success) and am now in a position where the environment I could grow in is much better than the one I had before.

I know the basics... have several BRF crops under my belt... even cased a few times. THAT is why i'm moving up to straw. I simply do not wish to wait to get some spawn going, and would much rather start off with some purchased.

So if someone knows where I can get some cheaper than on the site I posted above, I'd appreciate the reply.

Cheers!

OfflineInnernaut

#2166426 - 12/07/03 12:16 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

oh, i'm sorry..
Quote:

Well... in the past I've always met with almost total failure when it came to growing my own mushrooms, and I've tried a few times.
Quote:

from this i should have derived that you have "grown many times" and that you "know the basics" because you have had "several BRF crops under [your] belt" and "even cased a few times."  With having 28 posts, and claiming almost total failure, I assumed that you were going to give up and go waist a bunch of money.  Sorry for trying to be of some assistance :smile:

Good luck

--------------------

OfflineInnernaut

Re: Best place to purchase spawn [Re: Innernaut]
    #2166428 - 12/07/03 12:17 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

heheh oops.. fucked them tags up somewhere :smile:  sorry

--------------------

InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #2167134 - 12/07/03 05:27 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

you said that you are in canada. live psilocybe mycelium is illegal in your country, so i am locking this thread. if you are looking for non psilocybe spawn, check www.fungi.com

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds