Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
Henbane cultivation
    #2161929 - 12/05/03 02:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"Hi guys!"I'm new to this forum so "hi guys" again!
I recently discussed with an online merchant how one would cultivate henbane.He said "sure you can" but gave no further advice.I did gather that henbane is a muscimol inhibitor, I guess with all these relationships one should "clean out and prepare" to prevent the possibility of "conflicts of interest" arising.Is henbane a tropane?I'm no bio-chemist,unfortunately,as the guys on the hunting forum may have guessed by now.However I AM willing to learn.

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Re: Henbane cultivation [Re: Silverwolf]
    #2163214 - 12/06/03 12:06 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

This info should get you on track.

HENBANE
Hyoscyamus niger L.;
Nightshade family (Solanaceae)

An annual or biennial herb, to 2.5 feet high, with hairy, 3- to 8 inch long leaves. The flowers are 1 inch across, greenish-yellow with purple veins; they grow in spikes from June to September. The seed capsule is filled with many pitted seeds. Naturalized infrequently across southern Canada and the northern U.S.

Cultivation and Propagation: Henbane does well in most soils, as it is found wild in dry waste places. It is propagated easily by seed. Henbane seed is very viable. I have sprouted seeds collected from a capsule on a plant that had gone through a winter's rain and hard frost and had almost deteriorated away, and got 90 percent germination. The seed should be planted in May or when the weather is in the 70's. It should be sown very thinly in rows 2 to 3 feet apart. The bed should be kept moist until sprouting, and the seedlings should be thinned to 1.5 to 2 feet apart in the row. They may also be sown in flats at room temperature and transplanted out on a cool day. Henbane is sometimes attacked by potato pests and will occasionally mildew like tomato plants.

Harvesting: Henbane leaves and tops should be collected when the plant is in full flower. This is usually in June, July, or sometimes August. The leaves should be dried quickly in the sun, as it will lose its properties if kept in a damp state too long. The herb will lose approximately 80 percent of its weight in drying. Fresh henbane leaves have a fetid order when handled, which they lose upon drying. The seed is up to ten times as strong as the leaves. The capsules may be gathered in August, before they open. The seeds are shaken out and dried in the sun if to be used for growing purposes, or dried quickly at a low heat if to be used psychoactively.

The Use of Hyoscyamine as a Hallucinogen and Intoxicant

More botanical info.

OfflineRemut
Green Thumb
Re: Henbane cultivation [Re: Effed]
    #2163829 - 12/06/03 09:47 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

To get it to germ. you take the seeds and place them in a bit of water like bottle or pill container. then stick in the fridge replace the water every day for 2 weeks. At the end of 2 weeks place the seed on soil and give it a heavy mist. About a week later you get germanation.

Henbane has 2 stages in life cabbage stage and flowering then seed.
When the plant get about 3-5 inchs tall it will flower. What triggers flowering is high temps and long light.(i had mine under a430 hps light 16 hours a day. If you going to harvest seed let the plant go it will make about 9-20 seed capsules with fair amount of seed per capsule. As the plant flowers the bottom foliage dies off.

If you harvesting foliage it down before flowers occures the flowers almost looks like a fiddle head it will uncurl and bloom for 3-4 weeks.

--------------------
DO what I Would

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Re: Henbane cultivation [Re: Remut]
    #2188627 - 12/18/03 07:16 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Remut is spot on but I find they need alot longer than two weeks in the fridge. They're kind of weak at the base so you need to offer some form of support early on.

InvisibleSwampcamper
Swampy
Male
Loc: Far Nort
Re: Henbane cultivation [Re: Lazerouth]
    #2189219 - 12/18/03 11:58 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Henbane is easy as hell to germinate! A moist paper towel is all you need. At room temp it take 3-5 day to sprout. They can sprout in 2 days in a heating pad. I grow them in sand and vermiculite under 4 foot shoplites in the winter (Fargo-ND) But you can use the seeds by combining them with sugar in a coffee grinder. (They don't powder up alone) The sprouts could be enteresting on salads too. Here, 3 Ozs are $28..(http://www.richters.com)Thy can KILL you--BE CAREFULL!!!

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: Henbane cultivation [Re: Swampcamper]
    #2192488 - 12/20/03 06:40 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Tell me more about these "shop-lites" remember I'm a U.K resident ("hyperborea").

--------------------
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: Henbane cultivation [Re: Silverwolf]
    #2240079 - 01/13/04 06:59 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Tum tu Tum.. "dog watch" (well not quite ) and all is well!
Ah there you are! Soon, very soon, I will be able to file this thread, thus dispensing with the necessity for "artificial respiration" of this kind. Anyway, on topic, what's it like guys-no not with a lady!- are there any "trip reports" I should be aware of ?

--------------------
"Arafel."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck