Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Pan CYAN- Copes mystery's and theorys..MJ come on in
    #2163670 - 12/06/03 09:17 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I am posting this in the hunting forum because I want to draw the attention of the mushroom pros such as MJ. I wanted to confront some urban legends revolving around the mysterious and distinctive characteristics of the Panaloneous Cyancean- Copeldias.  First of all, on my 7'th trip, I was blessed with an experience that I will remember forever.  2 grams of dried Copes picked right from the Florida fields which delivered the most euphoric, excellent anxiety/nausea free, visual trip ever!!  Less junk.. more funk!!! I don't wan to get into the trip report because this post will linger on for pages but lets just say I simply floated into the most magnificent world of hallucinations and unworldly feelings.  Since then, I have concentrated all my harvesting and cultivating endeavors on the yielding of Copes.  But just when I thought it was safe to go back into the water, I began to read some posts regarding hidden precarious secrets this mysterious strain possesses:

MushroomJohn: a respected knowledgeable member of the shroomery posted some controversial and negative characteristics of the Pan Cyan.  This of course caught my attention considering this information is coming from a very credible source.  One of the  issues posted that crossed my mind was the potential for building a tolerance very quickly when experimenting with Copes.  I think I read somewhere that a consumer of the Copeldia species can evidentially force himself to administer 20 times more of the mushroom to acquire the same affect a single dose would have!!!! WOW!!! I don't want to travel into those woods.  Theoretically, the only difference between Copes and Cubes is the fact that they contain more psilosin and psilocybin ratio wise.  However, when I trip off Copes, there is almost something different in them that gives the trip an extra pop.....maybe some funklocybin or something?!?  :mushroom2:

Another troubling thought is the theory that they become more dangerous-perilous to consume or lose a lot of their potency when not handled properly. (something about crackled caps [bad] if I remember correctly?  I personally air dry my copes (very delicately) but then when completely dry, I pulverize them into powder which are then packed into caps.  Am I taking a route that will lead to a regret?

There was another disturbing theory regarding the Copes that doesn't cross my mind right now and I'm sorry if this post belongs in the General psychedelics forum.....I just wanted to make sure MJ took notice (atleast) to my dilemma.   
Peace, Orizon

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejackgreen
JG
Male
Re: Pan CYAN- Copes mystery's and theorys..MJ come on in [Re: orizon]
    #2163730 - 12/06/03 10:24 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yea I love these, i was blessed to be able to consume 2 grams last weekend around a huge bonfire. Wow what an experience. Orizon you are definately right, with the copes i lost touch with reality. Usually with cubes, i hallucinate, and have a good time, but they always feel more body loadish, and don't take me anywhere near the level i get with copes. Great post, and keep on eating them, just don't eat them enough to build tolerance. Oh pulverizing into powder doesn't seem like it would decrease the potency that much, i have never ate fresh copes, have to give that a try. My last trip i put them into honey, and just ate it in a few scoops, worked good.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2163990 - 12/06/03 01:07 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I had a similar experience with Panaeolus cyanescens as well.

I consumed 3.7 grams dry, sort of by accident. I didn't realize that they were going to be THAT potent. It was my last trip for at least a few years I feel.

Feelings of complete seperation from mind and body, I had deja-vu for like 30 minutes. Thought I had commited suicide and was going to die. Felt like I did die for a little while, but, after a 3 hour come-on and peak, I finally hit the plateu and settled down for another 3-4 hours in complete beauty :smile:

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2164244 - 12/06/03 02:54 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The crackles that are on the caps are perfectly fine... that is a theory i brought up here, and it is a strange one at that. :smile:

Another thing to observe, is the chemical relationship between Psilocybe cubensis and Copelandia. The Copelandia mushroom is typically much more potent in weight than the Cubensis mushroom; But their levels of psilocin/psilocybin/ect. are different. So, you can actually trip your ass off on Copes one night, and then the next night you can eat Cubensis, and not really need to double-up on dosages. Or vise-versa, Cubes one night and then Copes the next.
-Where-as eating the Cubensis two nights in a row will require you to double-up on the weight of the dosage, like-wise you would need to double-up on the weight of the dosage of Copelandia if you eat two nights in a row. But switching from Psilocybe to Panaeolus harbors a difference in the chemical reactions.

It is strange, and not really recommended to be eating shrooms two nights in a row, but i have done it enough times with these two shroom species to figure out something funny is going on with that. :smile:

Keep shroomin,

Copelandia's are a weird mushroom. I prefer Cubensis.

Keep shroomin,
GG 

Anonymous

#2164803 - 12/06/03 07:06 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I haven't noticed any NEED to increase dosage on Copelandias. If anything I felt the need to reduce dosage levels.

Personally anything over 4 grams could be potentially HORRIFYING.

I can eat a half oz of cubensis without any worries.

Anonymous

Re: Pan CYAN- Copes mystery's and theorys..MJ come on in [Re: ]
    #2164836 - 12/06/03 07:19 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Horryifying to me is not being able to tell the difference anymore.

In essence I can't tell the difference between 4 grams and anything more then that.

At 4 grams dry I am GONE.

My dosage is 2 grams dry and has been that since i determined it to be my dosage. I have not needed to eat anymore then that to get to the same place. I EXPERIENCED NO TOLERANCE.

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Pan CYAN- Copes mystery's and theorys..MJ come on in [Re: ]
    #2164858 - 12/06/03 07:27 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yes.....the build up in COPE tolerance speculation was a theroy presented by MJ a few weeks ago but I havent caught his attention yet. I wish he could elaborate a little bit more on the subject especially considering my shroom of choice is the Cope.

Offlinejackgreen
JG
Male
    #2165058 - 12/06/03 09:34 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Right on guys.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Pan CYAN- Copes mystery's and theorys..MJ come on in [Re: jackgreen]
    #2165190 - 12/06/03 10:19 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

MJ has lots of interesting 'theories' :smile:
Personally I wouldnt expect the tolerance to these alkaloids to be any different for Copelandia as for any other Psilocybin containing mushroom.
Certainly I am one who believes that these mushrooms are superior to most many of the other alkaloid containing mushroom in terms of use for ethnobotanical purposes. This is because the experience is more pleasant, more visual in my experience and less on the body and stomach. Also they are so small and their constistancy is more pleasant than string slimy cubies or starch tasting woodlovers.
I cant se any danger in eating more mushrooms if tolerance is developed.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Pan CYAN- Copes mystery's and theorys..MJ come on in [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2165329 - 12/06/03 11:15 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Orizon and Bluemeanie,

Those are not theorys but are based o the results of questionaires used by student volunteers on mushroom use in the State of Hawaii.

The purpose was to show how pandemic mushroom use was in the hawaiian Islands.

I can show you a copy of the questionaire which I would dig up out of my files. I cannot however, show the individual papers as they are confidential.

The questionaires were unse in Biology 401: Psychoactive Drug plants, a sixteen week course.

I did post the sylabus somewhere on the web a few years back.
And as Stijve noted in his paper on the copes, of which Blue Meanie read, the copes in Hawaii were high in psilocine and the Copes analysed from Australia were high in psilocybine.

Nopw that would be a good study to take in a mycology course.

mj

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Pan CYAN- Copes mystery's and theorys..MJ come on in [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2165516 - 12/07/03 01:02 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

MJ you have finally honored us with your prescence. I dont want to waste your time but I would love to see those studies. Should I refrain from my love of Copes and fall back on Cubies? ALso just a personal question...Do you still eat mushrooms and if so how often? Thanks for your valuable time.
Peace, Orizon

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #2165637 - 12/07/03 02:24 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Hi Mj - I wasnt doubting the validity of what you have said - more that i think it would apply to other psilocybin bearing mushrooms as well.
I have read that information from Stivje - I cant remember how many fruit bodies were analysed though.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Pan CYAN- Copes mystery's and theorys..MJ come on in [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2166108 - 12/07/03 10:47 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Hi Orizon,

I will see what I can dig up out of my files. I have also much in storage too so I have to look for a while. I did post the Copelandia potency papers here and elsewhere. Maybe Bluemeanie can find them for you. I have problems in searching the search engines for such info.

mj
Blue meanie, I have only noticed minimun tolerance with other species, such as liberty caps , P. cyanescens, P. stuntzii and even cubes at times but not in proportion to those of Copelandia spp.

That would be a normal try not to dose more than once a week or twice a month. People who dose two or three times a week eventually cannot get off. However, they wait for the tolerance to go away. In Hawaii, we found dozens of users, all who reported the use of from fifty to 250 or more Copes. Now I am referring to mixed collections of smaller specimens as noted in the research Mark and I conducted.

anyway, Orizon, I will look for the Cope article by Stijve about the Hawaiian, Austrlian and Thai copes used on that paper.

mj

And also for the questionaires I have in my files.

I will also repost Mark Merlin's 16 week Psychoactive Drug plant Course sylabus for all to read. probably int he Ethnobotanical Garden Foru,m.

have a shroomy day

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (12/07/03 10:51 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification